Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

A 2005 rezoning sponsored by the Department of City Planning opened up new opportunities to build housing in the largely industrial area. Previously, only manufacturing businesses had been allowed at the Benedetto site.

Now, an apartment tower is permitted, along with food or retail. City planners projected 85 new apartments.

The Benedetto property is just one block away from Harlem River Yards, set to house the city’s first soccer stadium, a condo tower and a large affordable housing complex. It sits at the corner of Alexander Avenue, already lined with trendy new restaurants, including Beatstro and Hudson Smokehouse.
No idea if this is just regurgitating anything or new info

No idea if this is just regurgitating anything or new info
Looks like sloppy reporting to me. The link for “Harlem River Yards” goes to the YIMBY post from April 2018, which as we know went nowhere.

Looks like sloppy reporting to me. The link for “Harlem River Yards” goes to the YIMBY post from April 2018, which as we know went nowhere.

Did it go nowhere? or was it just super preliminary? IIRC, the Club had put forth a preliminary indication of interest, but the State has yet to formalize the process for actual proposals.

Reactions: Kjbert
Did it go nowhere? or was it just super preliminary? IIRC, the Club had put forth a preliminary indication of interest, but the State has yet to formalize the process for actual proposals.
I’d be quite surprised if we hear HRY is a real thing, but off the top of my head can’t reconstruct exactly why I thought it was really (and not just mostly) dead. We’ll see!

I’d be quite surprised if we hear HRY is a real thing, but off the top of my head can’t reconstruct exactly why I thought it was really (and not just mostly) dead. We’ll see!

I’d assume that any comments given to a reporter are guarded with intimate word play. Patricof saying the site wasn’t active could mean multiple things, including that it wasn’t active but also wasn’t closed and that’s very different than not active and closed/dead end. The few conversations I ever had with him, he was always careful to hedge his answers to remain non-committal and vague while answering the gist of the question. Maybe HRY wasn’t active then but is active now?

I have no idea, really, I don’t. But I do know that word play is hyper important when on the record.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan and adam

giphy.gif