Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
what i can't get over is that if it is an official announcement, then the club would be making the announcement. so then that would make this a teaser for that announcement tomorrow. but then the "THANK YOU" in the image doesn't make a lot of sense? Unless it's a "THANK YOU.. (it's about fucking time)".

martinez is correct that if it is a legit announcement store then just come out with it. teasers are unnecessary. only reason i can imagine there would be a teaser is (1) agreement with the club that this is the most the outfield can do and (2) assurances by the club that the outfield would have exclusive story rights outside of inhouse club media.

i just hope it's legit. cause this is a bad thing to be teasing, implying, and feeding the speculation train right before the holidays. i don't want to have to walk down to macys and punch santa. don't make me be that guy.

My take.

The picture is the last slide in a presentation - it's common to end a presentation like that with "Thank You". So, I don't think that's a message from the Outfield.

The "Tomorrow" - could mean a few things. Most likely is an update from the Outfield on their Stadium reporting that might include some details from the slide presentation. Another possibility is that the actual announcement is tomorrow - probably less likely.

I thought Martinez was agnostic as to what the content is (though he did praise the last piece). I also thought this advice is solid on both ends.

Basically, if it's real, don't tease it and risk losing your scoop. If it's not real, to hell with you.

yes basically this. well find out. this feels like when pablo maurer was supposed to "break soccer twitter" with his piece, ended up being an article about those USMNT pictures that they still get shitted on that they took in like 2003

Reactions: Kjbert
yes basically this. well find out. this feels like when pablo maurer was supposed to "break soccer twitter" with his piece, ended up being an article about those USMNT pictures that they still get shitted on that they took in like 2003
That was ridiculously overhyped, which I think was meant as a pre-joke, but Pablo lost a lot of credibility points. Hype is dangerous.

Would be really disappointing if it was a stupid tease for something non-stadium related. Otherwise, why have a picture of a stadium?

Don’t want to be a downer but their last stadium post had a stadium in it, only it was the coliseum. This could be nothing or just a status update article.C1A39FDF-D1C6-4992-A2D1-1DB25C7A6281.png

One thing I find interesting in the photo is the large building on the far end of the stadium near the train station.

Dan, we should have the forum get a studio there for tailgates.

I don’t think all of what’s shown in the drawing can fit in that space though

Last edited:
The skepticism is well earned. but that's a professional image. I agree with the above comment that it's likely the last slide in a presentation. This feels real to me.

The skepticism is well earned. but that's a professional image. I agree with the above comment that it's likely the last slide in a presentation. This feels real to me.
Someone on reddit said they'd be surprised if this was an announcement, because they have friends close to the business and they haven't heard anything.

1576810315810.png

It looks like it might be a presentation thing that NYCFC is proposing to the borough, or something.

Red line is the metro north line
Pink is the Deegan entrance we were all talking about that would have to get moved (it was moved in this photo)
Green is Heritage Field (which isn't being cut into)
Aqua is Yankee Stadium.

In our speculations we all put the stadium perpendicular to this rendering, so it's interesting to see it this way.

So if that's a real plan, it looks like they save space by omitting the four corners of the stands. Could be a really unique atmosphere. It works too, here's Orlando City's stadium with the corners fully cut off (and any infrastructure except the stands).

GX8iY9V.png

So if that's a real plan, it looks like they save space by omitting the four corners of the stands. Could be a really unique atmosphere. It works too, here's Orlando City's stadium with the corners fully cut off (and any infrastructure except the stands).

GX8iY9V.png
It could even be better if they do like 3/4 corner type of thing which would make it 'unique' idk

That rendering is legit. I've seen an earlier version of it. And I agree that it is likely the last slide of a presentation. I'm expecting the "news" to be not an announcement per se, of some concrete accomplishment, but more a display of incremental progress. But we'll see.

That rendering is legit. I've seen an earlier version of it. And I agree that it is likely the last slide of a presentation. I'm expecting the "news" to be not an announcement per se, of some concrete accomplishment, but more a display of incremental progress. But we'll see.

A presentation for whom?