Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
so more of the same, some updates but nothing else. i know some of you wanted that or want that from nycfc, but still doesnt meam much. at this rate its all about announcing when we ready to dig and build.

yes - a bit more information (appreciate it!) but sadly more of the same. also, does anybody else think we could have/should have gone with a bit more glitzy of a stadium design? I understand the space limits us a bit, but the rectangle with cut off corners is kinda boring. was hoping for something at LEAST like the allianz in MN. something interesting to look at when approaching on the sidewalk or driving by on the deegan.

alright santa. prepare yourself.
I think what's there now is just a placeholder to serve the overall site design. Think about the early renderings of the World Trade Center site after 9/11. The buildings, train station, memorial, etc. all look very different - but the site is pretty close.

With all of the cool and fun transparent schedule release things from clubs yesterday, we're not going to get anything from the club until they officially purchase land and break ground. That said, there have been things shared in private that tell us how far along this process is. The club is doing a lot to get everything in order before laying everything out on the table -- including all types of studies -- to get this through as quickly as possible. Transparency is the last thing NYCFC is going to give us until they absolutely have to.

. . . there have been things shared in private that tell us how far along this process is. The club is doing a lot to get everything in order before laying everything out on the table -- including all types of studies -- to get this through as quickly as possible.
Care to provide any additional detail and / or an idea of expected timing?

Reactions: dummyrun and Kjbert
I for one love the stadoum design. I think it’s FredMertz FredMertz who also follows Everton.

To be, this design resembles Goodison Park. Goodison May be the loudest stadium in the Prem and part of that is acoustics. The other part is that they have real fans unlike Liverpool. But I digress.

Great work, Chris SoupInNYC SoupInNYC
This. Don’t care what it looks like from the outside. I want to know how good the acoustics are and how intimate it feels.

Happy to get something with substance (thanks SoupInNYC SoupInNYC and dummyrun dummyrun!) but this is basically what I expected is going on behind the scenes. I understand there are a lot of moving parts to this -- and I don't want to go through multiple public announements from the club like Miami FC with Port Miami, then Museum Park, then Overton and finally Freedom Park, which seems to be plagued with environmental problems -- but it also doesn't feel any closer to a site announcement or concrete step forward than I felt when they announced we'd be playing 4 games at Citi Field in 2020

I think what's there now is just a placeholder to serve the overall site design. Think about the early renderings of the World Trade Center site after 9/11. The buildings, train station, memorial, etc. all look very different - but the site is pretty close.
Uh, ok, but the WTC is not a good comparison.

One WTC (not the Oculus transit hub) looks very different because the Production Architecture firm (SOM) that the developer (Silverstein) hired bastardized the Winning Design via Value Engineering and further alienated the Design Architect (Liebeskind) by allegedly raiding the design architect’s space the DA was subletting from SOM. SOM further is accused of plagiarizing their design via a firm Partner being the thesis adviser to a student he ripped off. Plus, the Developer skimped on the construction cost once he was denied his attempt to claim 2x the insurance using the argument each kamikaze plane was a different event.

NYCFC just sent out a survey for City Member Experience...

giphy.gif

NYCFC just sent out a survey for City Member Experience...

giphy.gif
Just filled it out. They asked for positive and negative statements about the club in the past month (after a bunch of multiple choice bullshit). Here are my answers:

positive:
none.

negative:
Increased season ticket prices an insane amount when secondary market prices are extremely low. Poor seating arrangements for the playoff game at Citi Field. Charging extra for row 1 tickets at a time where season ticket prices are already too high. No transparency into stadium plans.

they then asked to sum up nycfc in one word. I answered “greedy”.

To the folks complaining that we weren't teasing an official announcement: I get it, you've had your hopes crushed a lot over the years, but if that's what the teaser was we'd be just another outlet for NYCFC PR. You want actual reporting, this is what it looks like. It's hard, it's incremental, and it does its best to draw responsible conclusions from investigative reporting when nobody involved will talk.

It's also the biggest stadium news in over a year. Forgive us for wanting to get readers excited about it. SoupInNYC SoupInNYC did outstanding work and I'm glad people are reading it. Love y'all.

To the folks complaining that we weren't teasing an official announcement: I get it, you've had your hopes crushed a lot over the years, but if that's what the teaser was we'd be just another outlet for NYCFC PR. You want actual reporting, this is what it looks like. It's hard, it's incremental, and it does its best to draw responsible conclusions from investigative reporting when nobody involved will talk.

It's also the biggest stadium news in over a year. Forgive us for wanting to get readers excited about it. SoupInNYC SoupInNYC did outstanding work and I'm glad people are reading it. Love y'all.

i aint mad at you or any of those involved in the article. i just thought it's a bit inconsiderate knowing the current supporter mindset when it comes to stadium news. yes, the investigative work and reporting gave us a lot of information that normally wouldn't see the light of day and I greatly appreciate it. but the teaser was mean. plain and simple.

i get trying to get hype so people jump to the site to read the article, but i think you could have gotten the same hype while adding a small disclaimer: "not official stadium announcement"

maybe i'm alone in this but my initial thought was super hype. after some thought and logic, realized it most definitely wasn't gonna be what we all wanted it to be. anyway - thanks for all your hard work and i hope you all continue doing what you do. i enjoy reading!

i aint mad at you or any of those involved in the article. i just thought it's a bit inconsiderate knowing the current supporter mindset when it comes to stadium news. yes, the investigative work and reporting gave us a lot of information that normally wouldn't see the light of day and I greatly appreciate it. but the teaser was mean. plain and simple.

i get trying to get hype so people jump to the site to read the article, but i think you could have gotten the same hype while adding a small disclaimer: "not official stadium announcement"

maybe i'm alone in this but my initial thought was super hype. after some thought and logic, realized it most definitely wasn't gonna be what we all wanted it to be. anyway - thanks for all your hard work and i hope you all continue doing what you do. i enjoy reading!

Fair enough. Consider this formal notice that The Outfield will never, ever be the website to break the official announcement. But we'll try our best to be the ones who fill you in in advance.

It's also the biggest stadium news in over a year. Forgive us for wanting to get people excited about it. SoupInNYC SoupInNYC did outstanding work and I'm glad people are reading it.
Without the OUTFIELD, NYCFC would be a much inferior product. It’s thoughtful approach to the team and the game elevates the experience as a fan. At least in my book.
Rock On Outfield!

love you more