• Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The Octagon!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
So,
now that this article is our and we have some potential renderings of what might be in like 50 years from now,
what does everything think about the proposed design? I'm wondering why they don't close off some of the corners at least in some capacity?

but I like the location, design, etc. overall. I hope this does come to fruition, even though I'd prefer it in queens

Reactions: Kjbert
So,
now that this article is our and we have some potential renderings of what might be in like 50 years from now,
what does everything think about the proposed design? I'm wondering why they don't close off some of the corners at least in some capacity?

but I like the location, design, etc. overall. I hope this does come to fruition, even though I'd prefer it in queens
I think the corners are cut to allow for more room for the commerical and residential.

Reactions: Kjbert
SoupInNYC SoupInNYC Great job. Thank you (and your team?) for the great work with FOIL to get NYCFC fans this info.
Will be looking to post some more info on twitter and answer any questions folks have there later. I’m traveling the next couple of days, so may be slow to respond. But will try my best to get to them all.

I’m hopeful we’ll have more to write on this stuff in the future, have a few more coals in the fire (is that a right analogy?).

Huge ups to dummyrun dummyrun for great editing as always. Makes it a much better read.

yes - a bit more information (appreciate it!) but sadly more of the same. also, does anybody else think we could have/should have gone with a bit more glitzy of a stadium design? I understand the space limits us a bit, but the rectangle with cut off corners is kinda boring. was hoping for something at LEAST like the allianz in MN. something interesting to look at when approaching on the sidewalk or driving by on the deegan.

alright santa. prepare yourself.