Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
ULTRAS!!: Time to take it to them in the stands and show our disgust! We should, under no circumstances, be playing ANY game at RB Arena. Embarrassing in every way. Let's borrow a tune from the dark days of big bro Man City and let them know how we feel...

WE'RE NOT REALLY HERE
We are not, we're not really here
Just like the fans of the Invisible Man
We're not really here

TUNE:

ULTRAS!!: Time to take it to them in the stands and show our disgust! We should, under no circumstances, be playing ANY game at RB Arena. Embarrassing in every way. Let's borrow a tune from the dark days of big bro Man City and let them know how we feel...

WE'RE NOT REALLY HERE
We're not really here

TUNE:
I get the reaction and have no problem with folks expressing their ire, but this doesn’t seem like a good way to help the team on the field.

giphy.gif

WE'RE NOT REALLY HERE
We're not really here

TUNE:

You lost me at "ULTRAS!!:"

Homeland Security is suspending new applications for Global Entry and TSAPre from New York residents because new state sanctuary laws restrict DHS from accessing state drivers license records.

Reactions: Kjbert
Homeland Security is suspending new applications for Global Entry and TSAPre from New York residents because new state sanctuary laws restrict DHS from accessing state drivers license records.

Says them.

And how is that stadium related?

This has been a catch all for new and Yankee Stadium discussion. Yankee Stadium has one of the two programs (I don't remember which) for entry, so it's stadium related bro.

are you talking about the Clear thing? that's different from Precheck and global entry.

are you talking about the Clear thing? that's different from Precheck and global entry.

Yeah it's all a bit confusing my understanding is:

TSA Pre - lets you go in the special faster TSA line and other nice perks like keeping your shoes on
Global Entry - Lets you go in an express line at customs when returning from international travel (also if you get global entry you get TSA-pre for free so if you do any international travel at all it's worth the extra few $ if you are thinking of getting pre)
Clear - expedited screening at some participating airports and other special venues like yankee stadium unrelated to Pre or Global entry and only in limited places.

I have the first two but I have never had clear so other may know more but that's my basic understanding of it all. I do know people that regularly use airports that offer clear speak very highly of it.

Maybe. Is Clear also backed by Homeland? The article I read described Global Entry and similar programs, not sure if Clear will also be included.

Maybe. Is Clear also backed by Homeland? The article I read described Global Entry and similar programs, not sure if Clear will also be included.
I just read an NPR piece that said this is regarding international travel, so only Global and Nexus are affected. TSAPre is not affected.

Also, I doubt this goes into effect as the NYAG will sue to stop it.

Reactions: Kjbert and 413Blue
I just read an NPR piece that said this is regarding international travel, so only Global and Nexus are affected. TSAPre is not affected.

Also, I doubt this goes into effect as the NYAG will sue to stop it.

It's already in effect. They will probably try to get an injunction but for now new Yorkers are sol.

The messed up thing is you don't even need a driver's license to get global entry and Nexus, but Trump is doing this bs so he can feed the anti illegal immigrant political train for his campaign

WSJ said the same thing about PreCheck, but also said there is no guarantee it will not be affected in the future.

The messed up thing is you don't even need a driver's license to get global entry and Nexus, but Trump is doing this bs so he can feed the anti illegal immigrant political train for his campaign

If you're going to make unneeded, irrelevent and off-topic political points, at least be accurate. True, you do not have to have a drivers license to get GE or Nexius, but that does not mean they do use or need drivers licenses to check. Among other things, a DUI can disqualify you from qualifying for GE ("You may not be eligible for participation in the Global Entry program if you: . . . Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence)". Not surprisingly, they use DMV records to check that. They also rely on DMV records to confirm basic things like your address. And guess what, if you say on your GE application that you don't have a drivers license, they check that, with the DMV. Because people who have open DUIs and who want GE will lie and say they never had a drivers license.

Again, just because Trump is an asshole doesn't mean everything people say about him is true. And this doesn't mean that Trump isn't being a petty asshole in imposing this rule the way he did. But the feds actually do use and have good reason to use DMV records when doing background checks for all sorts of reasons. And it's not just the feds. PIs and every other person or organization that does background checks routinely use DMV records. Yet somehow the myth that DMV records are completely unrelated to GE background checks has swept the web.

A 12 second web search for DMV records and background checks will show you hundreds of sites that will take your money and look up people's DMV records for you, because DMV records are amazingly helpful for conducting background checks. This "fact" that DMV records are unnecessary for GE background checks was obviously untrue to anyone who wasn't committed to not caring whether it is true or not.

WSJ said the same thing about PreCheck, but also said there is no guarantee it will not be affected in the future.

If you're going to make unneeded, irrelevent and off-topic political points, at least be accurate. True, you do not have to have a drivers license to get GE or Nexius, but that does not mean they do use or need drivers licenses to check. Among other things, a DUI can disqualify you from qualifying for GE ("You may not be eligible for participation in the Global Entry program if you: . . . Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence)". Not surprisingly, they use DMV records to check that. They also rely on DMV records to confirm basic things like your address. And guess what, if you say on your GE application that you don't have a drivers license, they check that, with the DMV. Because people who have open DUIs and who want GE will lie and say they never had a drivers license.

Again, just because Trump is an asshole doesn't mean everything people say about him is true. And this doesn't mean that Trump isn't being a petty asshole in imposing this rule the way he did. But the feds actually do use and have good reason to use DMV records when doing background checks for all sorts of reasons. And it's not just the feds. PIs and every other person or organization that does background checks routinely use DMV records. Yet somehow the myth that DMV records are completely unrelated to GE background checks has swept the web.

A 12 second web search for DMV records and background checks will show you hundreds of sites that will take your money and look up people's DMV records for you, because DMV records are amazingly helpful for conducting background checks. This "fact" that DMV records are unnecessary for GE background checks was obviously untrue to anyone who wasn't committed to not caring whether it is true or not.

Lol. How did I know you were gonna reply with a long post to point out anything that wasn't spelled out down to the last detail?

I won't respond more than this cause it is off topic, but really.. I fail to see which part of what I said was inaccurate save for the part about Trump, which I admit is my opinion. Anyway, relax .. more stadium rumors.. rawr.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence)". Not surprisingly, they use DMV records to check that. They also rely on DMV records to confirm basic things like your address. And guess what, if you say on your GE application that you don't have a drivers license, they check that, with the DMV. Because people who have open DUIs and who want GE will lie and say they never had a drivers license.
Further derailing this thread: I understand why they would use DMV to verify address, but don't understand at all why they would use the DMV to verify whether a person has an open criminal case or a criminal DWI conviction or even a DWAI violation. The NY Division of Criminal Justice Services is the repository of that information. And DWAI 1192(1) violations never seal, so open or closed, the DWI/DWAI information would be with DCJS. DMV gets it secondarily from them, not as the primary source. The only thing a DMV abstract would show that some other primary source wouldn't is low level traffic infractions and I haven't heard that GE cares about that

Reactions: Ulrich