Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Biggest takeaway: “A deal has not been reached and more conversations are needed."

It's not 100% done yet, but this is the biggest media outlet in the area with major quotes from people saying the government is on board, the Yankees are on board, and everyone seems to be in agreement that this will happen.

It could still collapse, but this is clearly as close as we've ever been.

Key takeaways for me:

"Construction would not begin until at least 2022 and could take several years, meaning it is unlikely the team would move in until at least 2024."

and

"A similar proposal for the site in 2018 collapsed, but this time the team and the developers are working closely with city and state officials. All sides expressed confidence that they would gain full approval, in large part because of the affordable housing component and because the factory will be moved to another site in the Bronx and continue to employ its workers."

Key takeaways for me:

"Construction would not begin until at least 2022 and could take several years, meaning it is unlikely the team would move in until at least 2024."

and

"A similar proposal for the site in 2018 collapsed, but this time the team and the developers are working closely with city and state officials. All sides expressed confidence that they would gain full approval, in large part because of the affordable housing component and because the factory will be moved to another site in the Bronx and continue to employ its workers."
More than any specific point in itself, I’m truly stunned we’re getting actual quotes from the team and the developers

Biggest takeaway: “A deal has not been reached and more conversations are needed."

This was just dropped today to save face about the RBA game.

The Times doesn't give a shit about our PR strategy. They're not dropping any stories to do any favors to Brad Sims.

If you want to keep your tin foil hat in place then I could MAYBE get on board with NYCFC FO delaying the Red Bull announcement until they knew the NYT was dropping this story.

Either way, there are now two stadium stories doing the rounds today and I sure as hell know which one is more significant for the longterm future of this team.

Key takeaways for me:

and

Yeah the 2018 deal has been unreported to date, right? There was the 2013 effort shelved in 2014 on the site, and the current effort, but we haven't heard about the one that failed in between.

Reactions: Kjbert
Stadium related stories overload

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Kjbert and Vallos
Yeah the 2018 deal has been unreported to date, right? There was the 2013 effort shelved in 2014 on the site, and the current effort, but we haven't heard about the one that failed in between.

h/t SoupInNYC SoupInNYC

Can't you just.....enjoy the good news? It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy, you know.

do I usually push conspiracy theories on this forum? But when i smell some things off, i speak up. You really think this article coming out the same hour as the CCL announcement is pure coincidence? If so I have a soccer stadium to sell you.

I think we pretty much knew about the 2018 effort.

There was the NY Times article in July 2018.

Plus the Real Deal article in October.

Plus the team hired consultants to do multiple focus groups on stadium stuff in September 2018, and around the same time numerous people here including me reported that various club employees, some rather highly placed, were hinting off the record that a deal was imminent.

Reactions: Kjbert