Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I would guess they didn’t comment on CCL yesterday because they knew this was coming out.

the Times would not publish this based on a leak from the team. The quotes and their local connections make the mere fact that they published it incremental to the Outfield’s spectacular breaking of the story.
And this CCL thing is hardly a PR disaster. There probably aren’t 15,000 people in the tri-State area who’s lives are impacted by this and could give 2 shits. We in this forum have no reasonable perspective whatsoever on NYCFC-related issues.
This makes me happy and I hope it comes to fruition.
heres’s a gif of all of our founding member bricks being prepared...

giphy.gif
dude those are being put down WAY too fast lol

Biggest takeaway: “A deal has not been reached and more conversations are needed."

This was just dropped today to save face about the RBA game.
In fairness "A deal has not been reached and more conversations are needed." is the exact same thing Brad Sims said last night about RBA for CCL, and today they announced it.

Reactions: Kjbert and 413Blue
I was just going to say... Tomorrow afternoon demolition crews will be on site!
Would be hilarious!

By the afternoon the NYC DOB would be handing out a Stop Work Order for failure to obtain permits :)

Reactions: Kjbert
SoupInNYC SoupInNYC are there any important dates coming up regarding the community and the project?
Well, yes and no.

There are monthly meetings the community board holds for their general board meeting, as well as their housing and land use. Those cover all sorts of items, but those two are where the development would be discussed. The housing and land use meeting for February has already occurred and nothing re: the stadium was on the agenda. To have this move forward through the CB review, it has to go to the housing and land use committee before the general board meeting review. So nothing will happen there this month either, though they could still discuss the potential development to some degree. They just won't be voting on it.

But nothing will get to those voting stages quite yet until an application with DCP has been filed. And there hasn't been one filed yet, nor has a final CEQRA determination been given (before the application).

I'm monitoring all other meetings that happen across the city that could impact the development and nothing specific is on the horizon.

There is one interesting meeting/hearing coming up that may or may not be related. On February 13th, there is a hearing regarding the Yankees refinancing their debt for Yankee Stadium. There was a report back in 2016 when they tried doing this that to incentivize the city to help them refinance, they would give some parking spots back from the defunct garages. In that hearing, NYCIDA shot down that notion that the two items were tied, but who knows what is actually discussed behind closed doors.

So that one I'll be keeping a closer eye on, but I'm not anticipating anything groundbreaking or really newsworthy will come from it.

what we don’t agree on: the times released this today independent of NYCFCs input or say in the timing. We’ll never prove it either way. So let’s agree to disagree on this one.

You posted this directly after a tweet from one of the guys who wrote the article denying there was any involvement from NYCFC at all, but hey, there's no way of knowing, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The team didn't put their name on this. They have a quote with barely any information. Randy Levine is not the team, he's not involved in the least with NYCFC operations and wouldn't have cleared his comments with them. The team didn't authorize this article or anything. The Times has an important piece of news, they're going to report it.

And the news, frankly, is that the agreement has been reached for the land and the city and state governments are on board. Final agreements need to happen, but it certainly seems like we're on the 5-yard line at this point.
You are wrong about Levine. The Yankees own 20% of NYCFC and Levine is the man in charge of that 20% stake. He reports back to Hal and all the big wigs about NYCFC. He might not be sitting next to the Sheik but best believe he is on those conference calls/board meetings about NYCFC when they take place.

This isn’t a local soccer story, which I agree they barely cover. This is a local development story, which is one of the main focuses of their local coverage.
Funny, because it’s listed in the sports section, and it’s written by David Waldstein, a sports writer. His list or articles are primarily Baseball related with some NFL. The last article that is even remotely “development” related, and that would be a stretch to say, was six months ago when he wrote about NYC accusing the US open of underpaying their rent and needing a renegotiation of the lease.

If it was a development story, it’d go in the Realestate or Local sections.

I stand by my earlier post that this was leaked to them with exactly who to contact to comments. Nobody just happens to hit paydirt getting everybody at the same time to talk about it when it’s been NDA-levels of silence for years.

Reactions: Kjbert
You posted this directly after a tweet from one of the guys who wrote the article denying there was any involvement from NYCFC at all, but hey, there's no way of knowing, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

saw that after i posted. But I’m still not sure I believe him either if I’m going all in on this. It would behoove him to protect his and the paper’s integrity. Who knows and who cares. It’s just 1 more thing i had on the list of club dishonesty and why I now lean in assuming that before honesty on their part. Us going back and forth doesn’t change much, and I see your side. I’m just too angry/annoyed to not believe in mine.

I don’t see the NYT waiting for the club’s go ahead to run a story like this.

I’m actually perhaps more on Nick Chavez’s line of thinking (at least leaning towards it), that the club knew this article was dropping today, so paused on the RBA announcement so that there would be some “good news” as well.

That’s not what he said. He said it was crazy to think that THE NY TIMES timed the article to come out today. He said nothing about NYCFCs decision on RBA.

How does someone come to be so sour and self-satisfied?

Most people grow out of the "every word must be parsed to death and has to be taken completely literally" before they hit grade school.

You're obviously a smart guy, so you obviously know that a story can be about two things at once and can be more interesting because of this. You also know that in 2020 most of the Times readers are online, so the "section" an article is in is virtually meaningless.

Buh-bye!
Dude, really, you're gonna dip to that with a back-handed slap of the hand with a grade-school maturity comment? My response wasn't insulting or personally attacking in any way, I simply listed easily googled facts, and you retort with a directed insult and then peace-out.

You flat out said it wasn't a local soccer story, that it was a local development story from their local coverage - not that it was "two things at once" as a soccer AND development story. That's moving the goal posts.