Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Wow this seems like big news. On Vacay visiting my parents down in Florida so not checking the news as often as usual. I consider the Times a pretty reliable source no matter how many times some orange guy calls it fake news so I"m hoping we can get excited soon.

Reactions: Jock and Kjbert
You are wrong about Levine. The Yankees own 20% of NYCFC and Levine is the man in charge of that 20% stake. He reports back to Hal and all the big wigs about NYCFC. He might not be sitting next to the Sheik but best believe he is on those conference calls/board meetings about NYCFC when they take place.
Levine has a history of making comments. 2014 he said something about a stadium in Westchester. So YMMV.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don’t see the NYT waiting for the club’s go ahead to run a story like this.

I’m actually perhaps more on Nick Chavez’s line of thinking (at least leaning towards it), that the club knew this article was dropping today, so paused on the RBA announcement so that there would be some “good news” as well.

Yup, I think this is what happened, too.

Can anyone confirm this email?

Hello City Members –

I wanted to personally share with you the information that we provided in a statement to the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and numerous other outlets yesterday, regarding our ongoing project to build our permanent home and New York City’s first-ever soccer specific-stadium.

Though nothing has been finalized, there has been significant progress made, thanks to the hard work and dedication of our partners on this exciting project. We are actively involved with MADDD Equities, the Yankees, NYC Economic Development Corporation, the Bronx Parking Authority, and numerous Bronx community groups and local leaders to bring a transformative project proposal to the South Bronx, one piece of which would be a soccer-specific stadium. We are proud to partner with MADDD Equities, a well-known affordable housing developer, and NYC EDC to grow our engagement with local community leaders as we embark on the public approval process.

In the coming months, we will take further steps to formalize our participation in the public approval process which will include engaging in meaningful public dialogue with community residents, civic leaders, supporters, and local elected officials to obtain critical feedback on the details of this proposal so that we can ensure the project meets the needs of the community and New York City as a whole.

As our most passionate supporters, your role as we go through the formal approval process will be to do what you have always done – bring your love for our sport and our Club and continue to represent the ideals and diversity of our great City.

We know, as our most loyal fans, that you are every bit as eager as we are to have a permanent home for our Club, especially given our announcement yesterday that the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 game will be played at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey. Though being forced to play this game outside of the five boroughs is far from ideal, it comes at a time when we are seeing very real progress on our stadium efforts.

Lastly, but most importantly, I wanted to reiterate what I’ve said in the past that NYCFC would not be where we are today as a Club without our fans, especially our Founding Members and City Members. On behalf of all of us at NYCFC, thank you for your continued support. Nothing we do would be possible without you.

Our season begins in just 12 days in San Jose, Costa Rica. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers

Brad

Hello City Members –

I wanted to personally share with you the information that we provided in a statement to the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and numerous other outlets yesterday, regarding our ongoing project to build our permanent home and New York City’s first-ever soccer specific-stadium.

Though nothing has been finalized, there has been significant progress made, thanks to the hard work and dedication of our partners on this exciting project. We are actively involved with MADDD Equities, the Yankees, NYC Economic Development Corporation, the Bronx Parking Authority, and numerous Bronx community groups and local leaders to bring a transformative project proposal to the South Bronx, one piece of which would be a soccer-specific stadium. We are proud to partner with MADDD Equities, a well-known affordable housing developer, and NYC EDC to grow our engagement with local community leaders as we embark on the public approval process.

In the coming months, we will take further steps to formalize our participation in the public approval process which will include engaging in meaningful public dialogue with community residents, civic leaders, supporters, and local elected officials to obtain critical feedback on the details of this proposal so that we can ensure the project meets the needs of the community and New York City as a whole.

As our most passionate supporters, your role as we go through the formal approval process will be to do what you have always done – bring your love for our sport and our Club and continue to represent the ideals and diversity of our great City.

We know, as our most loyal fans, that you are every bit as eager as we are to have a permanent home for our Club, especially given our announcement yesterday that the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 game will be played at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey. Though being forced to play this game outside of the five boroughs is far from ideal, it comes at a time when we are seeing very real progress on our stadium efforts.

Lastly, but most importantly, I wanted to reiterate what I’ve said in the past that NYCFC would not be where we are today as a Club without our fans, especially our Founding Members and City Members. On behalf of all of us at NYCFC, thank you for your continued support. Nothing we do would be possible without you.

Our season begins in just 12 days in San Jose, Costa Rica. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers

Brad

It came straight from the club...

Hello City Members –

Cheers

Brad

Yep got it

There was a segment on NY1 about the stadium report.

Yep saw while doing laundry in laundromat which was interesting calling the team NYC-FC

Some people are so negative around here! Chin up! It's happening!!!!

This is good (but not perfect) news. It is good that the location is confirmed - it is not perfect because of the quoted expected timeframe. (and do construction projects ever finish on time? No? So we're looking at 2025?) I'm trying to take the "glass half full" view - the stadium is in the perfect location for me (right next to Metro North) and where I'm used to going. I just have to wait sooooo long.

I think all of the qualifications about "no deal yet" and "nothing has been finalized" are pretty standard CYA things because, well, all the details aren't sorted. But the fact that there is now official/public comment from the club means they're very confident (and that stuff that would've revealed this news will happen publicly soon).

Let's now turn our focus to "has anyone seen more detailed plans?" and "do you think they'll have any decent food/drink", etc., and speculation/whining about how long it'll take.

Hello City Members –

Cheers

Brad
Admitting it in the first sentence......

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Admitting it in the first sentence......

so now after this admission. Brad:

2/6: were not confirmed to play in NJ. And we can’t talk about anything not signed.
2/7: were playing in NJ. Let’s dump info about stadium to the news outlets to detract from the backlash.
2/8: we just told all the news outlets we can about a deal that’s not signed.

ugh

Friday the NYT publishes an article with a statement by the club. To repeat for those following along, that’s a club statement, published, in the New York Times, the biggest newspaper in the country.
Anyone who read that would understand that the club, gave a statement, to the New York Times. It’s the dictionary definition of public knowledge.
Today Sims sends a letter to season ticket holders that references “the information that we provided in a statement to the New York Times,” and people treat it like admission of a conspiracy.
JFC we knew that yesterday. There was literally a statement, by the club, in the freaking newspaper. Sims admitted nothing. He referenced a public statement.

There is no evidence that the club planted the article or chose the publication date.

Last edited:
Randy Levine was quoted in the article, thus the club provided information to The NY Times.

Friday the NYT publishes an article with a statement by the club. To repeat for those following along, that’s a club statement, published, in the New York Times, the biggest newspaper in the country.
Anyone who read that would understand that the club, gave a statement, to the New York Times. It’s the dictionary definition of public knowledge.
Today Sims sends a letter to season ticket holders that references “the information that we provided in a statement to the New York Times,” and people treat it like admission of a conspiracy.
JFC we knew that yesterday. There was literally a statement, by the club, in the freaking newspaper. Sims admitted nothing. He referenced a public statement.

There is no evidence that the club planted the article or chose the publication date.
Evidence, no, there’s no proper evidence. But this club has been zipped up tight for years about the subject, and all of a sudden this drops the day after the RB venue is leaked, and the Times has quotes from all kinds of people with details that are the type to keep silent with NDA’s (it’s hugely common for such in construction) and stuff that hasn’t shown up on past FOIL requests..... with Levine also talking..... nobody hits paydirt like that from all the parties unless the green light to announce is given. And why after years of deflection admit to any of it on the record with nothing concrete signed and secured? Then again, nobody is talking about RBA anymore, so......

No, you’re absolutely right, there’s zero proof or evidence. But a fine lawyer once told me that there are never coincidences in big business.

Reactions: adam
They've still made some mistakes over the last month or so, but this is now the second concrete example of the team showing greater transparency than they ever have before. Both examples have come from Brad Sims.

We've complained for so long about the lack of transparency, we now have two examples in the last two weeks of that changing.

They've also made two major mistakes with the way they announced Citi Field and the RBA game. But a 50% success rate is better than a 0% success rate, and at some point we all need to realize that it certainly seems as if they've heard us and are at least making an attempt to improve. It won't happen overnight, but they're making the effort and should be applauded.

We can complain about what is and isn't in the statement, and about what was and wasn't in that interview they posted, but they're trying. At some point if this kind of transparency continues, we're going to have to start lessening our anger at the front office. There's nothing they can do about the previous five years, we now have to understand and appreciate that making the initial steps to change is better than the alternative.

They've still made some mistakes over the last month or so, but this is now the second concrete example of the team showing greater transparency than they ever have before. Both examples have come from Brad Sims.

We've complained for so long about the lack of transparency, we now have two examples in the last two weeks of that changing.

They've also made two major mistakes with the way they announced Citi Field and the RBA game. But a 50% success rate is better than a 0% success rate, and at some point we all need to realize that it certainly seems as if they've heard us and are at least making an attempt to improve. It won't happen overnight, but they're making the effort and should be applauded.

We can complain about what is and isn't in the statement, and about what was and wasn't in that interview they posted, but they're trying. At some point if this kind of transparency continues, we're going to have to start lessening our anger at the front office. There's nothing they can do about the previous five years, we now have to understand and appreciate that making the initial steps to change is better than the alternative.
Careful, because some people here will tell you that the only reason for the sudden transparency is bc they were expecting the RB announcement so they aligned everything just in time for this :)