Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Does anybody believe the club is not engaged in a PR push? I don't and that's not what I wrote. The accusation at issue is that the article is essentially fake and designed to cloud our minds so we forget about playing at RBA. That's what I reject.

Of course this article is part of a PR push to help create goodwill both among fans and the local community. And that's a good thing.
If you look at the timeline for NYCFC wanting St. John's for CCL to getting rejected St. John, you would be foolish to discount that as a factor for why they decided to released this info at this exact time.

What is the strategic benefit of releasing news of a non-binding agreement at this exact time except to be a distractor or misdirection for probably the worst optic news in club history?

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
probably the worst optic news in club history?

Lampard not coming, PV and Dome leaving. Playoffs at Citi Field. Grooming Kreis for a year and having him go bust in a single season. All far worse than playing a single CCL game at RBA. Nobody but RB nutters And us really cares that much. The San Siro is a shared ground, FFS. and Met Life Stadium right here in NYC er...Jersey.

Lampard not coming, PV and Dome leaving. Playoffs at Citi Field. Grooming Kreis for a year and having him go bust in a single season. All far worse than playing a single CCL game at RBA. Nobody but RB nutters And us really cares that much. The San Siro is a shared ground, FFS. and Met Life Stadium right here in NYC er...Jersey.
None of those teams invested their entire brand identity into being the team not from NJ.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
If you look at the timeline for NYCFC wanting St. John's for CCL to getting rejected St. John, you would be foolish to discount that as a factor for why they decided to released this info at this exact time.

What is the strategic benefit of releasing news of a non-binding agreement at this exact time except to be a distractor or misdirection for probably the worst optic news in club history?

I think the whole timing/conspiracy thing is way overblown.

I might be the only one, but I think stadium progress is >>> than playing a single game in NJ. Maybe the stadium is about to get to a point where next steps would force it public anyway, so they can finally share something.

I don't care all that much about one CCL game in NJ. At least it's a soccer stadium, and it's not in Connecticut or anything. Look at it this way, we're rubbing it in NJRB's faces since they suck so hard they don't need their stadium for a match right now...

None of those teams invested their entire brand identity into being the team not from NJ.
And we are not in nj. We tried our hardest to get anywhere in the city and that didn't work for this game, so we have to play outside it. But that doesn't mean we are now in nj. San carlos has to play also miles away from their stadium, who knows if it's even in the same town? Our venue was denied so we had to choose another venue. Does not make us a nj team.

The upside is if you don't allow them to have a seat at the table, they squash the deal. If this is the only thing standing in the way of a done deal, you suck it up and do it because this team can not let this deal fall apart now that they've confirmed it.

And even had they not confirmed it, they couldn't let this get in the way of a final deal anyway -- this isn't a dealbreaker. And I'd be shocked if this was anything more than the occasional HS game, maybe a HS football game or something.

But I don’t see how the CBI or whatever it’s called deserves a seat at the table. These decision are being made above their pay grade. They’re a glorified Chamber of Commerce, are they not?

If the Club wants to partner with them to make sure these businesses get to maximize their gameday revenue and throw them some bones throughout the year, so be it. But to have an ownership stake in the stadium? GTFOHWTBS

Reactions: Ulrich
if a family member asks to be picked up and it’s not not JFK (even LGA), they are on their own.

giphy.gif

Reactions: adam
But I don’t see how the CBI or whatever it’s called deserves a seat at the table. These decision are being made above their pay grade. They’re a glorified Chamber of Commerce, are they not?

If the Club wants to partner with them to make sure these businesses get to maximize their gameday revenue and throw them some bones throughout the year, so be it. But to have an ownership stake in the stadium? GTFOHWTBS
Again, the article was misleading. The BID itself is NOT looking for a seat at the table. The BID was floating the idea that the local community has the option to buy in to some degree.

if a family member asks to be picked up and it’s not not JFK (even LGA), they are on their own.
tbh LGA is pretty easy to get to, I used to pick up my parents from LGA all the time and at the hours they came it was 15 minutes each way