Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
According to the basic 7-Line info page, express service is only during rush hour in the expected direction. But,

The MTA Is Your Ride to All Yankees and Mets Home Games

"The
7.png
train’s Mets-Willets Point station is right in front of Citi Field on Roosevelt Avenue near 126th Street. Fans can always take either the local or the express
7.png
to reach Mets-Willets Point. After weeknight and weekend games, New York City Transit provides special super-express
7.png
trains timed to depart after the last out. After leaving the game, these trains make only six stops – 61 St-Woodside, Queensboro Plaza, Court Square, 42 St-Grand Central, 5 Av-Bryant Park, and Times Square-42 St."

According to this, Mets games get special super-express trains back to Manhattan when games end. It also says fans can "always take either the local or express" to get to the game.

I'm pretty sure that for Mets games, and some other events, they run express service on weekends.
My complaint was that the 7 trains before met games were always local and seemed too infrequent. However, if we got super express trains to and from Nycfc matches (only 17 a year!) then it’s a no brainer. Hopefully we can schedule smartly so we don’t conflict with any mets weekend games, otherwise the trains would be a bit of a clusterfck.

And yes, I’m talking about this as if it’s a done deal.

What makes this better than Mets games and the US Open is we know pretty much to the minute when a soccer match will end. Baseball and Tennis happen to be 2 sports that can go on way past when they are supposed to in the event of a tie, or just really long innings/sets.

I think this is probably right, but it is still a long way out. This is NY, and politics can always come in and fuck things up, including from places you'd never expect and from which objections are simply opportunistically pursuing a payoff.

For example, that corrupt fool Sheldon Silver torpedoing the stadium on Manhattan's west side because he didn't get something completely unrelated for his district in lower Manhattan.

I'm going to have nightmares of de Blasio fucking us again. So we'll have to bring in another aging Italian legend to please him. It's an endless cycle.

I wonder if a proper bar scene will pop up as a result of this. Soccer stadium. 1,000 units or so. Who knows. Just saying if someone here wants to look into that i will happily work haha

FWIW, these guys from Denmark are in the process of opening a full-time brewery in Citifield on 126th St which should be open shortly. So at a minimum there would be that.

https://www.mikkellernyc.com/about/

I think this is probably right, but it is still a long way out. This is NY, and politics can always come in and fuck things up, including from places you'd never expect and from which objections are simply opportunistically pursuing a payoff.

For example, that corrupt fool Sheldon Silver torpedoing the stadium on Manhattan's west side because he didn't get something completely unrelated for his district in lower Manhattan.

Oh, and Shelly was sleeping with MSG’s lobbyist too!

I am a new poster and I haven't seen it address, but I am just curious if someone has an opinion on this. I could be wrong but it doesn't appear that the proposed site will have parking for the fans. So any fans driving would have to park at CitiField. I wonder if the Mets will require then our games to not fall within 2 hrs of opening pitch. I.e. if the Mets have a 1 pm game then NYCFC cant start until 3pm. Or a 7pm baseball game will require a 5pm match. I knew this was a sticking point with the Giants/Jets and the American Dream Mall/Xanadu.

I am guessing the Westcher/Rockland/Orange County fans will be driving so there will be an influx of drivers compared to YS who has the Metro North.

Some dummy in the Crane's comments section asked why they were building a soccer stadium, who would play there and why they wouldn't first take care of the homeless.

Mind you, this comment was in response to an article about a soccer stadium, naming NYCFC as the tenant, and matching the development of affordable housing to a soccer stadium.

Some people are straight up DUMB

Better get used to this bullshit. And don't think it can't make a difference.

My complaint was that the 7 trains before met games were always local and seemed too infrequent. However, if we got super express trains to and from Nycfc matches (only 17 a year!) then it’s a no brainer. Hopefully we can schedule smartly so we don’t conflict with any mets weekend games, otherwise the trains would be a bit of a clusterfck.

And yes, I’m talking about this as if it’s a done deal.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment my friend. ):

I am a new poster and I haven't seen it address, but I am just curious if someone has an opinion on this. I could be wrong but it doesn't appear that the proposed site will have parking for the fans. So any fans driving would have to park at CitiField. I wonder if the Mets will require then our games to not fall within 2 hrs of opening pitch. I.e. if the Mets have a 1 pm game then NYCFC cant start until 3pm. Or a 7pm baseball game will require a 5pm match. I knew this was a sticking point with the Giants/Jets and the American Dream Mall/Xanadu.

I am guessing the Westcher/Rockland/Orange County fans will be driving so there will be an influx of drivers compared to YS who has the Metro North.

You're assuming the Mets have any fans that go to the games! But seriously, you're right. They will have to stagger start times. That should be our biggest worry.

You're assuming the Mets have any fans that go to the games! But seriously, you're right. They will have to stagger start times. That should be our biggest worry.

Even if we have to share lots with the Mets it puts us in a better situation schedule-wise. Saturday games could be evening if the Mets are 1pm. If the Mets are playing at home on a Wednesday you don't need some BS coverting the field over time to play Friday night.

Even if we have to share lots with the Mets it puts us in a better situation schedule-wise. Saturday games could be evening if the Mets are 1pm. If the Mets are playing at home on a Wednesday you don't need some BS coverting the field over time to play Friday night.
The Mets actually almost always play 7 pm games on Saturday nights. Which means Saturday 1 or 2 pm games would work really well for us. Midweek games would have to be timed correctly but hopefully we don’t need to do midweek games if we have our own stadium. Weekend games for the win.

The Mets actually almost always play 7 pm games on Saturday nights. Which means Saturday 1 or 2 pm games would work really well for us. Midweek games would have to be timed correctly but hopefully we don’t need to do midweek games if we have our own stadium. Weekend games for the win.
MLS has midweek games for all sorts of reasons, so they won't go away completely, but it does seem they could drop from 4-5 home games each year to 1-2.

I think the other potential Mets time conflict would be NYCFC national TV games. Those are usually Sunday evening, which doesn't mesh with either an afternoon or night game for the Mets. But the Mets are away every other weekend, more or less, so this should be simple enough to schedule around.

Reactions: Paul and SoupInNYC
So I found the press release that went out about the Willet's Point development and there's a few interesting things to note. First, here's the bullet points from the release:

"The new agreement with Queens Development Group increases the affordable homes to 1,100 across just six acres – compared to the 2013 agreement, which would have produced approximately 875 affordable homes across the entire 23-acre development site.

• This agreement also provides more homes for individuals earning less than $17,190, or $25,770 for a family of three. Nearly 100 apartments will be reserved for formerly homeless families and 220 for seniors.
  • The one-million square foot project will also include a new 450-seat public elementary school, neighborhood retail and public open space. The city reiterated its commitment to pursue additional school seats should more residential units be built on the site.
  • Remediation, for which the developer is responsible, is expected to be complete by the end of 2020, with 500 units of the 1,100 homes to be completed by 2022.
  • The City will retain ownership of the property through a long-term ground lease for the six-acre site. The 2013 proposal would have sold a 23-acre property acquired by the City to the developer."

So it looks like Related will be covering the remediation and it won't be done until late 2020. That's certainly a bit later than we hoped, but at least it's a known factor. Secondly, and probably more importantly, the press release is written as a not very subtle jab at the Bloomberg-era plan, and how he got more benefit for the city. That's exactly what de Blasio was going to need politically to make a stadium project more palatable. If they already feel like they're getting some of that with the deal even before NYCFC is potentially brought in that could mean that they won't feel the same need to hold CFG over a barrel. That, of course, doesn't mean that CFG won't have to contribute, but the ask of them may well be less than it might have been before (or perhaps it could even be covered already in this agreement and it hasn't been bought to light yet).

MLS has midweek games for all sorts of reasons, so they won't go away completely, but it does seem they could drop from 4-5 home games each year to 1-2.

I think the other potential Mets time conflict would be NYCFC national TV games. Those are usually Sunday evening, which doesn't mesh with either an afternoon or night game for the Mets. But the Mets are away every other weekend, more or less, so this should be simple enough to schedule around.
Agreed, Sunday games at citi Field are either 1 pm or 8 pm, so would be a bit tricky. But we’d probably schedule around the Mets being at home as much as possible for those.

I want to believe, but I don't know why I don't believe yet. ):

Reactions: Jon
So it looks like Related will be covering the remediation and it won't be done until late 2020.

Well some sections could get remediated first. I'm not a environmental engineer, but I've worked with a few. With the high water table, they basically have dig out all the contaminated dirt, build a giant concrete basin, then fill the basin with clean dirt. Then build on that. So, even if it took till the end of 2020 to remediate all of the land in WP, they could remediate the stadium section (pending approval) sooner than that.