Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Next August I will be in NYC and I will be at Yankee stadium for a NYCFC game. Is there a NYCFC store in the Yankee stadium?
Just a heads up that merchandise in the stadium is marked up 10%. You're better off buying it elsewhere if possible, or befriending a STH and using their discount. I imagine someone on the board would be happy to help.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Waiting for 808 and Stadium Announcement Heartbreaks
ee26433bcde193b02a736b934826e079.jpg

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0190501-xavtjnvosbhq5fhzyxhtq66c7u-story.html

One insider told The News this week that parent club Manchester City and partner owners, the Yankees, still hope to make an announcement by the end of the season about a new stadium less than a mile south of Yankee Stadium. That would inject a fresh dose of needed energy. It’s not a done deal yet, however, and NYCFC has had its heart broken before on such matters.

It’s the GAL site

I’ve been saying the GAL site for 5 years now! think I can be quoted back in like page 7

That's always been their top location they've always wanted, it was just a question if they could get it. Nothing's done yet, even if there seem to be whispers that they're getting closer.

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
That's always been their top location they've always wanted, it was just a question if they could get it. Nothing's done yet, even if there seem to be whispers that they're getting closer.
I'm not a civil engineer but I've never really understood the almost universal appeal of the GAL site. I mean, the amount of work to shoehorn a stadium into that small space seems to me to not be worth the effort and cost. You have a major highway, several streets and access roads (that will have to be moved), and a pile of train tracks (including a station) that will have to be dealt with. If I were an engineer, which again I'm not, I'd think that my first thought we be, "surely there's an easier place that's just some flat land we can build on."

To me Willets Point/Citi Field parking lot just seems like the most logical and easiest place to build a stadium. If it's the parking lot then construction could start tomorrow (not counting approvals, etc.) or if it's Willets Point then after the cleanup, which would be someone else's problem (maybe).

Never understood the love for the GAL site, other than that it's close to Yankee Stadium. And it doesn't seem the Yankees organization cares all that much about the team, despite owning 20%ish. So surely there's better locations for a stadium than on top of a railroad line.

I'm not a civil engineer but I've never really understood the almost universal appeal of the GAL site. I mean, the amount of work to shoehorn a stadium into that small space seems to me to not be worth the effort and cost. You have a major highway, several streets and access roads (that will have to be moved), and a pile of train tracks (including a station) that will have to be dealt with. If I were an engineer, which again I'm not, I'd think that my first thought we be, "surely there's an easier place that's just some flat land we can build on."

To me Willets Point/Citi Field parking lot just seems like the most logical and easiest place to build a stadium. If it's the parking lot then construction could start tomorrow (not counting approvals, etc.) or if it's Willets Point then after the cleanup, which would be someone else's problem (maybe).

Never understood the love for the GAL site, other than that it's close to Yankee Stadium. And it doesn't seem the Yankees organization cares all that much about the team, despite owning 20%ish. So surely there's better locations for a stadium than on top of a railroad line.

Add to that the attendance numbers we had at Citi with short notice. I always assumed we’d schedule a few more matches in Citi over the last few seasons so they would have some more data to make a decision. I 100% agree that this GAL location just seems forced and the wrong decision.

Reactions: QuazyPat and Kjbert
Add to that the attendance numbers we had at Citi with short notice. I always assumed we’d schedule a few more matches in Citi over the last few seasons so they would have some more data to make a decision. I 100% agree that this GAL location just seems forced and the wrong decision.
Yeah, won’t agree here. The biggest aspect of the GAL site being the most probable is the fact that the parking garage continues to hemorrhage money by the day. No better deal for the city than to develop an area to MAKE money someday, and not lose it. Plus with the assumed affordable housing and schools/hotels/conference center that will come with the development, it will further continue to rebuild the area around Yankee stadium and drive even further tourist visitation to the area. It’s a win win all around. Can’t wait until we finally get some concrete news.

Plus with the assumed affordable housing and schools/hotels/conference center that will come with the development, it will further continue to rebuild the area around Yankee stadium and drive even further tourist visitation
That shit never works. I do agree that finding another purpose for some of the garage(s) is a major plus. But nobody ever wants to visit an area just because it has hotels, a conference center, and 2 stadiums. That offers exactly nothing of interest for visitors. I'm also not aware of any cities that successfully keep 2 profit-making conference centers. Most that have one conference center lose money. Even if you plan to attend a game, the main benefit of this location is good transportation which works against having hotels there. There is no need to stay close by. Stay in a more interesting neighborhood and subway up.
I have long been curious -- if they do pick the GAL site -- to see how they solve the issues Seth Seth raised. The obstacles are real and there will be trade-offs. This will be nobody's dream facility.