• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

My two cents on this tweet:

If this was close and an announcement was coming in June, "several meetings" doesn't seem like a lot. I mean maybe they're still negotiating, but once they reach an agreement, wouldn't that just be step 1 in dozens of steps? The only other possibility is that they've reached an agreement on the garages and the purchase of GAL is the final step.

Who knows...

My two cents on this tweet:

If this was close and an announcement was coming in June, "several meetings" doesn't seem like a lot. I mean maybe they're still negotiating, but once they reach an agreement, wouldn't that just be step 1 in dozens of steps? The only other possibility is that they've reached an agreement on the garages and the purchase of GAL is the final step.

Who knows...

I think he meant to say that he expects an announcement by the time NYCFC gets knocked out of the MLS cup that way were are distracted by the stadium over the team's performance. But to be fair we look good right now but let's be honest, we always slump at the end of the season.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think he meant to say that he expects an announcement by the time NYCFC gets knocked out of the MLS cup that way were are distracted by the stadium over the team's performance. But to be fair we look good right now but let's be honest, we always slump at the end of the season.

We also haven’t made big summer signings in the past. Pirlo doesn’t count because it wasn't a performance based signing. If we can unload Medina and get a real DP this summer, we should be do for a late season boost.

Last edited:
Blame the Yankees
So we're playing 13 games over the final 9 weeks. I put together the below chart trying to show this stretch in a linear fashion. The chart has our schedule from August 3 until the end of the season, with rows alternating between weekends and weeks. The blanks rows are where we don't have a midweek game.

DATE _| DAY | LOC _| AWAY @
08-03 | SAT | Away | RSL
08-08 | THR | Home |
08-11 | SUN | Away | ATL
-
08-17 | SAT | Away | CIN
08-21 | WED | Home |
08-24 | SAT | Home |
-
08-31 | SAT | Away | VAN
-
09-07 | SAT | Home |
09-11 | WED | Home |
09-14 | SAT | Home |
-
09-22 | SUN | Away | DAL
09-25 | WED | Home |
09-29 | SUN | Away | NER
-
10-06 | SUN | Away | PHI

// End

We also haven’t made big summer signings in the past. Pirlo doesn’t count because it wasn't a performance based signing. If we can unload Medina and get a real DP this summer, we should be do for a late season boost.

What position would this DP play?

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
What position would this DP play?

You asking what I prefer? A CAM to replace Maxi, since he’s on his last year next year anyway and the 2nd oldest player on the team.

You asking what I predict? A striker that will take minutes away from Heber. Which is not the best move roster/talent wise.

You asking what we need? A LWB.

You asking what I prefer? A CAM to replace Maxi, since he’s on his last year next year anyway and the 2nd oldest player on the team.

You asking what I predict? A striker that will take minutes away from Heber. Which is not the best move roster/talent wise.

You asking what we need? A LWB.
As far as what we know from published reports, this is the last year Maxi is under contract.

With the Lewis trade, let’s assume we don’t need to use a DP slot on LWB.

Does that change your answer regarding a Medina for a new DP summer swap?

As far as what we know from published reports, this is the last year Maxi is under contract.

Then even more of a reason. Let maxi fight for minutes on the wing. Or with Ofori the rest of the season. Get a big bodied/talented CAM to replace him.

With the Lewis trade, let’s assume we don’t need to use a DP slot on LWB.

Does that change your answer regarding a Medina for a new DP summer swap?

I just said we need a LWB. I still prefer we use one on a CAM and expect us to use one on a ST.

Reactions: Kjbert
Then even more of a reason. Let maxi fight for minutes on the wing. Or with Ofori the rest of the season. Get a big bodied/talented CAM to replace him.

I could actually see a straight CM be the right DP for the rest of the year. Ofori is playing well, but he's still upgradeable, and Maxi could finish out his contract on the right wing and then he could be replaced with a new, younger RW DP.

Or you sell Medina and sign a new ST/RW DP right now, and slide Mitrita to LM? Callens would be pretty isolated but it might work.

Last edited:

That probably means the formation needs to change again.

I just said we need a LWB. I still prefer we use one on a CAM and expect us to use one on a ST.

Sorry. I could have been clearer.

With the money from the Lewis trade, assume the LWB position will be upgraded.

How does that impact your thinking?

Sorry. I could have been clearer.

With the money from the Lewis trade, assume the LWB position will be upgraded.

How does that impact your thinking?

It doesn’t. Club will go for the splashy striker signing with DP regardless of need. And I think we need to upgrade Maxi.

I could actually see a straight CM be the right DP for the rest of the year. Ofori is playing well, but Maxi could finish out his contract on the right wing and then he could be replaced with a new, younger RW DP.

Or you sell Medina and sign a new ST/RW DP right now, and slide Mitrita to LM? Callens would be pretty isolated but it might work.

It’s difficult to find a place to get another DP on the field unless it’s at CB, LB or for Ofori.

Which is why Kompany in a Back 3 with Sands partnering with Ring and Ofori to the bench makes sense to me.

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
It doesn’t. Club will go for the splashy striker signing with DP regardless of need. And I think we need to upgrade Maxi.

I would agree the current formation negates much of what Maxi brings to the table.

It’s difficult to find a place to get another DP on the field unless it’s at CB, LB or for Ofori.

Which is why Kompany in a Back 3 with Sands partnering with Ring and Ofori to the bench makes sense to me.

I wouldn't necessarily hate this lineup:

F | Mitrita, Heber, Maxi
M | Fuchs, Ring, Sands, Tinnerholm
D | Callens, Kompany, Chanot

But I'd rather have:

F | Mitrita, Heber, Maxi
M | Fuchs, Ring, CM, Tinnerholm
D | Callens, Sands, Chanot

Or the dream formation:

F | Mitrita, Heber, Chicharito
AM | Maxi
DM | Fuchs, Ring, Tinnerholm

Reactions: adam
I wouldn't necessarily hate this lineup:

F | Mitrita, Heber, Maxi
M | Fuchs, Ring, Sands, Tinnerholm
D | Callens, Kompany, Chanot

But I'd rather have:

F | Mitrita, Heber, Maxi
M | Fuchs, Ring, CM, Tinnerholm

Or the dream formation:

F | Mitrita, Heber, Chicharito
AM | Maxi
DM | Fuchs, Ring, Tinnerholm
Not really understanding the idea of Maxi as a forward. We’ve seen what he does when taken out of his natural mid-field role....not much.

Reactions: hatt91 and Kjbert