Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
You could also reconstruct the final 200-300 feet of the off ramp adding a sharper turn that goes south over the train tracks and exits directly onto River, opening up the small parking lot on the SW corner River and 153rd for construction space.
I agree that seems possible, but don't really know. Also I'm not sure that removes all conflicts with the stadium, and it could still be necessary to elevate above other parts of the ramp.

I agree that seems possible, but don't really know. Also I'm not sure that removes all conflicts with the stadium, and it could still be necessary to elevate above other parts of the ramp.

Yeah, I agree. I think it's more than likely they'll have to elevate the stadium over the Metro North stop. I mean, it would be pretty cool to exit the train and directly into the stadium!

Yeah, I agree. I think it's more than likely they'll have to elevate the stadium over the Metro North stop. I mean, it would be pretty cool to exit the train and directly into the stadium!
Exactly this Jon! I would love that.

You could also reconstruct the final 200-300 feet of the off ramp adding a sharper turn that goes south over the train tracks and exits directly onto River, opening up the small parking lot on the SW corner River and 153rd for construction space.
It’s one thing to span a structure over the rail lines with foundations on either side. It’s another to run something in-stride with the path of the rail line. Not saying it can’t happen, but that’s a monumental undertaking as the trains aren’t going to be interrupted....

giphy.gif

I don’t know how to draw squares on pictures unless I have a crayon.

What’s above the train station? Looks like street level parking?

Trying to better understand the logistics.

I park in the Rupert Garage. I believe the Macombs Dam Park is locates on top of that Garage?

When I exit the Garage to go home I don’t exit the way I came in (I come SB on 87). I exit through a different entrance/exit. Is that exit 157th st? Could we keep that please?

I always just assumed if we were at this location that the Cromwell Ave. ramp would be taken out, the train would be diverted a bit.
Rp1wvDb.jpg

I'm no engineer, but from what I've seen in other projects, making any changes to a rail line is a massive undertaking compared to what you would think. Slight alterations could require a mile or more in each direction of adjustment.

The skepticism in this thread is always funny. Not judging, I get it, and I’m skeptical myself. Just find it entertaining that nobody trusts anything anymore.
Ha yea that was part of it, but the main reason I wanted to know was because I wanted to get the full context behind it. It looked like a photo of a print out, but I thought it was a computer screen as well so I wanted to see the rest.