Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
According to BX 12, the communty (200 people asked) were generally on board, but there was some additions conditions to get there 1) they would like a woman's team to play there (on board with that). 2) they would like the community to own part of the stadium (don't think that will happen); 3) that high schools and college team to have access to it. (I know YS has the high school championship games at YS). http://bronx.news12.com/clip/14936131/survey-bronx-residents-in-favor-of-new-stadium-for-nycfc
I think the article misrepresents those items as "conditions". The way the survey was conducted didn't quite lay those out as conditions.

Edited to clarify the above. The one item that was laid out as a condition is providing access to local schools.

Last edited:
1) they would like a woman's team to play there.
I'm also down with that. Bring Sky Blue in or rebrand them as NYCWFC or something. They had a game or two at RBA that drew a decent crowd, but that's also post WWC hype. Women's league needs to show consistent numbers in years 2 & 3 after the WWC and keep the hype train going, outside of Seattle and Portland.
2) they would like the community to own part of the stadium.
No way, I don't think that will happen either.
3) that high schools and college team to have access to it.
Would it just be for high school/college soccer games? Or are we talking football and other sports too? I say we'd have to iron out dates based solely on the regular season and playoff schedule. This year sucked with the compressed schedule, but I don't want to pull a MN United scenario playing on a choppy surface from a football game the day or two before.

2).when they say community they mean the district? i think toronto's stadium for example, the city of toronto technically owns the stadium.

3). possibly both, SKC and FC dallas has had division II and III games, thought they are title games. college soccer in city ends i think in fall, no way they have divsion 1 games here in winter. football in city i think ends in late nov/ early december.

Last edited:
1) they would like a woman's team to play there.
I'm also down with that. Bring Sky Blue in or rebrand them as NYCWFC or something. They had a game or two at RBA that drew a decent crowd, but that's also post WWC hype. Women's league needs to show consistent numbers in years 2 & 3 after the WWC and keep the hype train going, outside of Seattle and Portland.
2) they would like the community to own part of the stadium.
No way, I don't think that will happen either.
3) that high schools and college team to have access to it.
Would it just be for high school/college soccer games? Or are we talking football and other sports too? I say we'd have to iron out dates based solely on the regular season and playoff schedule. This year sucked with the compressed schedule, but I don't want to pull a MN United scenario playing on a choppy surface from a football game the day or two before.
I generally agree on all 3 points. Just supplementing to note that I also think private ownership is better for both the club and the city and rental arrangements have a history of often going sour. And the Minnesota thing, like the Yankee Stadium college football potential conflict, was an artifact of the MLS schedule shift.

And the Minnesota thing, like the Yankee Stadium college football potential conflict, was an artifact of the MLS schedule shift.
I presumed it was, but I also want 100% clarity that if we have a game, it's the #1 priority. No golfing, no high school championship, no terrible ivy league college football anniversary games, no baconfests, etc. will get a priority over us.

November 2 & 3, 10 am – 6 pm, 2019 in Easton, PA #PABaconFest2019
Located in historic Easton, PA, the annual PA Bacon Fest has grown into one of the Lehigh Valley’s most popular events. It features 150+ vendors, 12+ musical acts across several stages, hog-calling and bacon-eating competitions, Bacon & Brew beer pairings, and every bacon-topped treat you can imagine. PA Bacon Fest was named in 2019 as one of Parade’s ‘5 Can’t-Miss Bacon Festivals’ in the country, and named one of the top 300 festivals IN THE WORLD by Fest300.com in 2014.

November 2 & 3, 10 am – 6 pm, 2019 in Easton, PA #PABaconFest2019
Located in historic Easton, PA, the annual PA Bacon Fest has grown into one of the Lehigh Valley’s most popular events. It features 150+ vendors, 12+ musical acts across several stages, hog-calling and bacon-eating competitions, Bacon & Brew beer pairings, and every bacon-topped treat you can imagine. PA Bacon Fest was named in 2019 as one of Parade’s ‘5 Can’t-Miss Bacon Festivals’ in the country, and named one of the top 300 festivals IN THE WORLD by Fest300.com in 2014.
4478B00B-FB8C-498F-A80B-696BB339871B.jpeg

However the stadium ends up, I hope it has a better bathroom situation than Citi Field. Long lines that dart out into the concourse. Also, some of the beer spots had 2 people working but one person pouring and one person doing the payment. I'm glad Yankee Stadium at least has each person doing both. Lines took forever it felt like.

FWIW, this guy has been dropping bits over the last few months and is (supposedly) in the architecture industry
4+ years to completion......

probably a year on permits and 3+ for construction...... This is the exact situation when an ownership group should look past construction costs and realize the schedule has to be expedited at all costs with multiple shifts 7 days/week. More long term damage is done to the brand with each passing day than the hit to the wallet for construction.

FWIW, this guy has been dropping bits over the last few months and is (supposedly) in the architecture industry
I don't even find this particularly hopeful at this point. When optimistic, I would hope we could get an announcement in the next few months and then open in 4 years. This 5 just seems far away. Only a year different but seems like a chasm. I suppose to have them announce finally, whenever, and to have a certain timeline solves a lot of fan agitation issues. But I almost find it depressing. Not certain, but fully possible I will be living somewhere else by then, and the response of our STH customer service team will be "see ya, too bad you won't get your name in the stadium."
Seriously, do you think 1,000 people will make the founding member wall?
And no, I'm not really concerned about my name etched in stone but I am just tired of this team's vagabond life.

I don't even find this particularly hopeful at this point. When optimistic, I would hope we could get an announcement in the next few months and then open in 4 years. This 5 just seems far away. Only a year different but seems like a chasm. I suppose to have them announce finally, whenever, and to have a certain timeline solves a lot of fan agitation issues. But I almost find it depressing. Not certain, but fully possible I will be living somewhere else by then, and the response of our STH customer service team will be "see ya, too bad you won't get your name in the stadium."
Seriously, do you think 1,000 people will make the founding member wall?
And no, I'm not really concerned about my name etched in stone but I am just tired of this team's vagabond life.

if they don't have enough founding members to make the wall, they'll just run a "founding member upgrade promotion" to any STH. Pay a little extra and earn founding member status and all the benefits of it!

if they don't have enough founding members to make the wall, they'll just run a "founding member upgrade promotion" to any STH. Pay a little extra and earn founding member status and all the benefits of it!

they know people want that brick

Reactions: Kjbert
4+ years to completion......

probably a year on permits and 3+ for construction...... This is the exact situation when an ownership group should look past construction costs and realize the schedule has to be expedited at all costs with multiple shifts 7 days/week. More long term damage is done to the brand with each passing day than the hit to the wallet for construction.

can they? i feel like unions etc wont allow the 7 days a week shifts, (even with various crews)

can they? i feel like unions etc wont allow the 7 days a week shifts, (even with various crews)

This is most likely true. Unions, labor laws, etc will probably prevent any kind of crazy expedited construction schedule. I can deal with waiting but 4 years is a long time. You'd think that by the time they announce, they will have taken care of permits and stuff already since, correct me if i'm wrong, permits and such would be applied for prior to construction beginning. I mean, if they couldn't get permits to build what they want to build, what's the point of announcing?

Isnt that the Pioneer package that they discussed last yr? Which is a mini PSL. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hu...inside-story-from-nycfcs-stadium-focus-groups

pioneer package sounds similar, but the difference is, as a founding member you get additional benefits, such as a slight discount on tickets and the brick.

This is most likely true. Unions, labor laws, etc will probably prevent any kind of crazy expedited construction schedule. I can deal with waiting but 4 years is a long time. You'd think that by the time they announce, they will have taken care of permits and stuff already since, correct me if i'm wrong, permits and such would be applied for prior to construction beginning. I mean, if they couldn't get permits to build what they want to build, what's the point of announcing?

pioneer package sounds similar, but the difference is, as a founding member you get additional benefits, such as a slight discount on tickets and the brick.
Yes, construction can take place 7 days/week. Each worker doesn’t work 7 days straight, it’s a combination of crews to staff the jobs.

How do you think so many construction projects get away with Sunday construction? It’s typically the largest of jobs because the owners realize there’s more to gain by being open sooner than is lost to extra GC costs. Every day quiet on the job site is a lost opportunity with interest ticking on their construction loan/no ability to sell the condo or rent the space.

Reactions: Jock and CatNYC