Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Looking at this year's Mets schedule, they typically have their Saturday games at either 4pm or 7pm and their Sunday games at 1:30pm, with some at 7pm. Whether they would be willing to be flexible with start times once our stadium is complete is an open question.

4pm start times would mean we can't do a Saturday game when the Mets are in town. A Sunday game at 1:30 means we play at 8:30 on Sunday. 7pm games either day mean a noon kickoff.

Midweek games would be out when the Mets are also playing. This would matter when we need to schedule cup matches on short notice with limited flexibility.

Our own stadium gets us important scheduling flexibility, but the parking situation would keep that from being total flexibility. We won't get blacked out of the whole weekend, but the windows we can use will not be the most convenient.

Looking at this year's Mets schedule, they typically have their Saturday games at either 4pm or 7pm and their Sunday games at 1:30pm, with some at 7pm. Whether they would be willing to be flexible with start times once our stadium is complete is an open question.

4pm start times would mean we can't do a Saturday game when the Mets are in town. A Sunday game at 1:30 means we play at 8:30 on Sunday. 7pm games either day mean a noon kickoff.

Midweek games would be out when the Mets are also playing. This would matter when we need to schedule cup matches on short notice with limited flexibility.

Our own stadium gets us important scheduling flexibility, but the parking situation would keep that from being total flexibility. We won't get blacked out of the whole weekend, but the windows we can use will not be the most convenient.

Sunday MLB games currently can't be any earlier than 1:30 ET due to their Peacock deal, which has a national game at 11:30am.

It does feel like we're likely to not have many games on the same day as Mets home games; not having to deal with the 72-hour field conversion gives us a lot more chances to have home games.

During the MLB regular season, there are 13 weekends the Mets are on the road. Add two or three games in March and another 2 games in October, and that's at least 17-18 weekends. Plus the home weekday games, of which there are plenty of options.

USOC and Leagues Cup are really the only times we could potentially have some issues, but aside from that we should have very little problem dealing with the Mets/MLB schedule.

USOC and Leagues Cup are really the only times we could potentially have some issues, but aside from that we should have very little problem dealing with the Mets/MLB schedule.

The first two games will probably be at Belson anyway. Since its common for many MLS teams to not use main venue since a big crowd is not expected.

In related news

I don't know why tax dollars were being spent on servicing a neighborhood with close to zero people in it, so from a NYC resident perspective good. On the other hand as an NYCFC fan Willets' getting as much development as possible is only a good thing.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I don't know why tax dollars were being spent on servicing a neighborhood with close to zero people in it, so from a NYC resident perspective good. On the other hand as an NYCFC fan Willets' getting as much development as possible is only a good thing.
It's good news. It was a dumb (and incredibly expensive) idea, making most people have to double back to get to LGA. Plus it would have been unsightly.

Let me figure out what I can and can't say about it and I'll get back to you all

(p.s. don't want to overhype it, but--it's breathtaking :D:D:D)

once again...this is me....

the simpsons GIF

Reactions: Kjbert and Kenny