Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
How much did I as a taxpayer pay for said stadium renderings?

Well... I'm footing some of it. And you're footing some of it.

So by my back of the napkin calculations, you and I are only on the hook for a max of $300M each. Anyone else in on this?

Reactions: Kjbert
The Mets took over McFaddens and is changing the name to K Korner. According to the press release it will also be open on NYCFC days and concerts.

The bar and restaurant will also open during non-baseball events like NYCFC matches and concerts at Citi Field in 2023.”

So I think we’re approaching a first land review meeting or something next week right? Something to study the environmental impact of the stadium?
It's the public scoping meeting (next Tuesday, 4/4) where the local community can bring up potential concerns or items that would need to be included within the Environmental Impact Statement to demonstrate that those items aren't actually concerned or they will be mitigated in xyz fashion.

This isn't anything where folks show they are for or against the project, but moreso what all needs to be considered if the developers build what they said they are going to build.

I think it will be an interesting meeting, but really nothing to much of note about it. I'll be attending and probably tweeting some stuff out that may be interesting, but likely won't be anything significant or super news-worthy.

I’ve been pushing for this in our new stadium for years.

Reactions: ALBNYfan
I see nothing remotely remarkable there. I see a plaza, some grass, the concrete underside of some tiered seats, topped by a railing that looks like it hasn't been painted in 40 years. I mean, I wish our stadium were done, but there's nothing ridiculously cool in that photo. It's a stadium.

What am I missing?
Might be bc he mentions tailgates and dog shows? Idk

Might be bc he mentions tailgates and dog shows? Idk
He also says they had great atmosphere inside, which I do not doubt. But that photo and the claim do not match up.
I also noted the references to tailgates and dog shows. One is near universal, the other is not really what I consider a mark of a great stadium. But like you, I don't know what else he means. And I don't dispute the stadium is great. It might be. But I see no evidence.

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
He also says they had great atmosphere inside, which I do not doubt. But that photo and the claim do not match up.
I also noted the references to tailgates and dog shows. One is near universal, the other is not really what I consider a mark of a great stadium. But like you, I don't know what else he means. And I don't dispute the stadium is great. It might be. But I see no evidence.
Looks great watching on tv - very premier league like for sure

This is kind of getting dragged on Twitter rn this is for phase 1 only which I believe is the housing?? I always forget what is first
Yeah, this tweet is incorrect.

Phase 1 is some senior housing and the school.

Phase 2 is still under environmental remediation and construction cannot begin until after ULURP is completed which is expected in 2024 (and expected to begin this fall)