Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Can we talk about the line to get in? I was there at 345. Took us 30 minutes to get in. They need to open more doors.

The field looked uneven too. Balls died but no funny bounces.
Can we talk about how awesome it is to get beer brought to your seat? Hell, you can't get a beer at RBA without a hall pass, permission slip, doctors excuse and a wait akin to the Bellevue ER.

It's funny how de Blasio shows up to our home match when he is the one behind the fact that we won't have our own stadium sooner. Also how outside he has his people passing out universal pre-k pamphlets.

I took it that he was the prom date we just wanted to get rid of. Quick stroke handy under the table to get his rocks off, now maybe he'll head home early and we can get the party started.

Reactions: Kjbert
Is it true that by Citi Field there's ample amount of space? Because if that's the case let's build a stadium!!!!

Can we talk about the line to get in? I was there at 345. Took us 30 minutes to get in. They need to open more doors.

The field looked uneven too. Balls died but no funny bounces.

Yeah, took forever. They don't have everyone empty their pockets and go through metal detectors for Yankee games. Wonder if this is just the Yankees being ignorant about soccer fans.

The security line was unacceptable, I understand the need for security and don't mind the process but they needed triple the amount of metal detectors to accommodate the crowd... Waited 40 minutes in line and almost missed kickoff... They knew it was going to be close to a capacity crowd and should have planned for such...

Yeah, took forever. They don't have everyone empty their pockets and go through metal detectors for Yankee games. Wonder if this is just the Yankees being ignorant about soccer fans.
I don't have much experience going to Yankee games recently, but when I was researching bringing in my camera gear, I found a lot of online discussion about how they metal detect at Yankee games. True, most of these discussions were roughly 3 years old. Did they maybe used to do it and then stopped?

I spoke to security on Wednesday while they were setting up the metal detectors, they said it is a new policy for MLB and because it's a MLB venue, the same protocol has to be applied to all events.

I guess we will know for sure how accurate that statement is when they get installed at Citifield too.

Reactions: Gene and Drainyoo
Yesterday was the first time i've ever gone through a metal detector at Yankee Stadium. It was new for everyone and people NOT taking all their metal crap out of their pockets while they were waiting ,made it worse. They also need more little baskets for that crap.

The stores were total chaos , but i was happy to see that they cleared out all the Yankee items and just had NYCFC. They need to implement hand held scanners to speed up the buying process , but honestly i have never seen the stores so crowded ...

I spoke to security on Wednesday while they were setting up the metal detectors, they said it is a new policy for MLB and because it's a MLB venue, the same protocol has to be applied to all events.
Aha. Well that answers my question I just posted on another thread. I've never seen metal detectors at Yankee Stadium before, but I've always been there during the warmer summer months. I thought they might have used them because of the colder weather and everybody wearing heavy coats........can't hide much getting into the stadium wearing shorts and a T shirt.

I guess we will know for sure how accurate that statement is when they get installed at Citifield too.

Weird. Wonder why MLB thinks they need to do this. Has there been an increase in weapon incidences at stadiums?

They didn't sell gloves. Minus 1 Point for them. They could have made a fortune selling gloves yesterday.

Concessions were more than adequately staffed. Bathroom lines for men were non-existent.

You could easily point out the folks who had been to a soccer game before and those who had not. At about 5 minutes before half, there was a mini-migration to the bathrooms and concessions. Nothing major, but noticeable. I was part of that crowd.

Then at halftime, EVERYONE went to the bathroom and concessions. Amateurs. You only make that mistake once.

Reactions: 413Blue
I walked around to the other side of the stadium at 4pm and there was no line i was in in under a minute, people were just lazy and everyone tried going into the gate closest to the bars so thats why it took forever lol

Reactions: franchise646
Weird. Wonder why MLB thinks they need to do this. Has there been an increase in weapon incidences at stadiums?
Only a guess but now the interest in mls is growing worldwide it provides a better platform for someone to cause an atrocity?

Only a guess but now the interest in mls is growing worldwide it provides a better platform for someone to cause an atrocity?

This is a new Baseball (MLB) policy, not MLS. NYCFC has to follow it since they're playing in an MLB stadium.

This is a new Baseball (MLB) policy, not MLS. NYCFC has to follow it since they're playing in an MLB stadium.
Oh didn't realise that.over in the UK all football stadium s have been warned about terrorist attacks
If someone did something like that the results would be horrific.it would just take some nutjob to make a flask bomb or something

Yankee Stadium, being in New York and being such a noteable venue, will always be a top threat for terror activity. Personally, i'm happy they are beefing things up, hopefully it gets a little bit more efficient. They should have another staffer getting the next 1-2 people in line ready to go through so that the line can keep moving instead of having to wait for the bucket to come back for the next person.
The stores were absolutely packed and merchandise was flying, it was such a mess. Most likely, it won't be so hectic going forward because many of the people were just getting their first looks at the merchandise and likely won't be buying at most future games. I agree they needed gloves (and the nice beanies instead of the cheap ones they had) because I needed them! I went to the mall before the game and none of the stores had gloves either. My hands spent about 89' in my pockets.