Sth Membership Packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have loved to pick out the picture on the card. I would probably spend more time and be more picky for something like that than roughly anything else in my life
Here's where I can't help but complain about something I don't care about that much...
I didn't have any special photo I especially wanted to have printed on my card. I totally get why others want themselves with friends or family but it's just not my thing. I probably would have picked one of the packaged designs and left it at that.
But when I see that they gave this option to ManC and MelC and withheld it from us, I think "Why not us?"
Was it some MLS thing? A Yankee stadium thing (eg security)? Whyyyyyy?!?!
I wants what others have even if I don't really wants it.

I don't get the preference for single cards either. Sometimes I give my second ticket to someone who I meet up with inside. Sometimes I sold my second ticket. Having just one card complicates those choice at best, and potentially makes them not possible.
The way the Nets do it, when you enter the stadium, they print out seat locators (little strips of paper for each seat). They are used to re-enter your seat after visiting the bathrooms or concessions.

And just because all tickets are on one card doesn't mean you can't just sell off ones you don't want. As soon as you print or transfer/resell a ticket from the account manager, that ticket disappears from the card. It really is an elegant system.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I don't get the preference for single cards either. Sometimes I give my second ticket to someone who I meet up with inside. Sometimes I sold my second ticket. Having just one card complicates those choice at best, and potentially makes them not possible.
Very true! although it's beneficial to keep that person, that got your game ticket, close by - they're usually overly generous with food and beer as a thank you for the ticket.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I see they went all out with this circle stuff. Looks nice on a box though.

Here's where I can't help but complain about something I don't care about that much...
I didn't have any special photo I especially wanted to have printed on my card. I totally get why others want themselves with friends or family but it's just not my thing. I probably would have picked one of the packaged designs and left it at that.
But when I see that they gave this option to ManC and MelC and withheld it from us, I think "Why not us?"
Was it some MLS thing? A Yankee stadium thing (eg security)? Whyyyyyy?!?!
I wants what others have even if I don't really wants it.
I wonder if it's a coloring thing. My guess is if it's too dar, you can't read the barcode, etc, even though there's the strip on the back. I can see where that could be a problem. And I'm with you, there's nothing I truly want to put on my season card -- I think the beauty in that situation is making it as outlandish as possible while maintaining a touch of dignity. Finding an image that encompasses that is what would make me excited to have that option. But, like you said, why not us? Dunno if other MLS clubs have this option.

I kinda just want/need the season ticket cards. To the extent anything else is included that is even marginally usable, that's gravy.

I kinda just want/need the season ticket cards. To the extent anything else is included that is even marginally usable, that's gravy.
I have a good friend who's a Revs STH, you know what he got last year? The tickets.

Point being not all clubs actually give stuff, enjoy what you have.

Well, point being, if they are going to do it, they could at least give one the purported choice. I don't really give a damn what they send, but it's the principle of it.

Reactions: JayH
Well, point being, if they are going to do it, they could at least give one the purported choice. I don't really give a damn what they send, but it's the principle of it.
I was referring to the contents of the box, separate from the enrollment gifts. I never expect much, and am used to getting a stack of paper tix with a few odds and ends thrown in the box/envelope for filler. Agree that if they are going through the efforts and cost of enrollment gifts, they can do a little better than ugly bags.

While originally scheduled for delivery Tuesday, FedEx Tracking now lists my STH package in Newark, NJ - it got there at 1pm. If history of my FedEx deliveries is any indication, it should head out to Maspeth, Queens tonight and then be out on a truck for delivery tomorrow - one day sooner than estimated..... the only caveat is that I've sometimes had it go from Newark to another facility in NJ (can't remember which- but literally just across the river) before heading to Maspeth - this would indeed delay it until Tuesday. Hope FedEx is running under the mantra of providing a customer with a worst-case scenario so that when they beat it the customer is pleasantly surprised and FedEx comes out smelling like roses.

While originally scheduled for delivery Tuesday, FedEx Tracking now lists my STH package in Newark, NJ - it got there at 1pm. If history of my FedEx deliveries is any indication, it should head out to Maspeth, Queens tonight and then be out on a truck for delivery tomorrow - one day sooner than estimated..... the only caveat is that I've sometimes had it go from Newark to another facility in NJ (can't remember which- but literally just across the river) before heading to Maspeth - this would indeed delay it until Tuesday. Hope FedEx is running under the mantra of providing a customer with a worst-case scenario so that when they beat it the customer is pleasantly surprised and FedEx comes out smelling like roses.
Mine reached Maspeth at 7:20 this morning. It is not marked Out for Delivery and when it is not so marked by very early morning, it usually means it sits around all day and gets delivered the next, especially when that is still within the original time parameters.

Mine reached Maspeth at 7:20 this morning. It is not marked Out for Delivery and when it is not so marked by very early morning, it usually means it sits around all day and gets delivered the next, especially when that is still within the original time parameters.
At least yours is at Maspeth - mine left Newark at 12:20am (after sitting for 12 hours) and is somewhere still on the road....

Finally got an email at 9:41 AM that it shipped - i really think its based on time of enrollment because i enrolled around mid season...

Status
Not open for further replies.