Supporter Section Questions

JCMore

Vamos Celestes
Elite Donor
Dec 4, 2015
Brooklyn, NY
Im thinking about sitting in the supporter sections for the last home game. I have a few dumb questions to ask to make sure this is what my girlfriend and I want to do when we come down for the game. Is there seats? Bleacher style correct? If yes, do people actually sit in them? If no to people sitting, can you still see if you do sit? We won't know any of the chants but would be interested in hearing and partaking in the yelling, is that okay? This will be her first soccer game, will this be a bad first time experience for a vocal 20 year old girl?

Thank you all in advance!

Im thinking about sitting in the supporter sections for the last home game. I have a few dumb questions to ask to make sure this is what my girlfriend and I want to do when we come down for the game. Is there seats? Bleacher style correct? If yes, do people actually sit in them? If no to people sitting, can you still see if you do sit? We won't know any of the chants but would be interested in hearing and partaking in the yelling, is that okay? This will be her first soccer game, will this be a bad first time experience for a vocal 20 year old girl?

Oh JCMore JCMore !!

1- No seats, just metal bleachers.
2- Some people may sit for a few minutes due to being tired/drunk, but I don't believe I've seen anyone sit for an entire match.
3- Since everyone else is standing, it's near impossible to get a view during the game if one is sitting. Maybe at the top of 238, but even that I'm not sure of. Everyone sits at halftime, so if your legs are feeling a little weak you have the ability to rest for 15 minutes then, or get a brewski/chicken bucket/footlong philly cheesesteak/etc.
4- I bring friends of mine who had never been to a soccer game before, had no idea what the chants were, but still enjoyed the supporter section thoroughly. Some of them even joined in after hearing some of the chants the second/third time around, so newbies are welcome.
5- In my opinion, I don't think it would be a bad time at all, but the opposite. She'll get to scream her lungs out with a bunch of other crazy fools like myself.

Any other questions give a shout!!

Thanks guys for all of the responses! Especially Schwallacus Schwallacus for the detailed answer! Another question about GA, since there is no designated spot for everyone, does it feel like your pack like sardines in a can (beastie boy reference) or is it kind of spaced out? I'm going to make a guess that like a concert hall it's quite cozy near the front and more room to breath in the back? Any idea which one it is?

Reactions: Schwallacus
Thanks guys for all of the responses! Especially Schwallacus Schwallacus for the detailed answer! Another question about GA, since there is no designated spot for everyone, does it feel like your pack like sardines in a can (beastie boy reference) or is it kind of spaced out? I'm going to make a guess that like a concert hall it's quite cozy near the front and more room to breath in the back? Any idea which one it is?
Others will answer better, but someone I sit near at games used to be over there. He said it's packed in the middle sections, especially in the front half (he guessed probably 2-4 more people than seats squeeze into most rows) and a bit more spacious on the outer sections and towards the tops.

Reactions: JCMore
Schwallacus Schwallacus nailed it in his responses. It never really feels too packed. I have season tickets there and that's never been an issue for me. It's usually a bit more roomy towards the back but I'll echo the sentiment, I've brought about 10 people throughout the last two years to their first MLS match and they all loved it. They obviously didn't know the songs but enjoyed it none the less, the cheering and clapping are enough to get you going. I strongly recommend it as long as you're both healthy adults that can stand for prolonged periods.

I'd say the front 5 rows for all sections, 235-238, are going to be packed early (like sardines). 236 and 237 are pretty cozy for the front 1/3 and middle 1/3, with the upper 1/3 containing a decent amount of people, but definitely more space most of the time. Not overly sure about the middle and top of 235 and 238 as I haven't been in those locations. I'm mostly in the middle/top of 237, occasionally meandering down towards the front.

I will also add, drums will be found at the front of 236 (Third Rail) and the middle of 237 (Los Templados). If you don't enjoy percussion instruments, don't go near those areas.

I'd advise getting seats close to the supporters section so you can get a feel of what to expect without being committed to it.
I'd second this. As a STH in 136, great way to feel like your in the SS while also being slightly removed. 136 stands all game. Not sure about 135 or lower.

Thanks guys for all the help! We made a decision to wait on trying the supporters section till next season. Since we are broke college students we got seats in 210 which is sadly on the other side of the field for pretty cheap. If anyone wants to say hello I'm happy to meet! Again, thank you all for the help in my decision! COYBIB

Reactions: JayH and CatNYC
JCMore JCMore just think about if you and your girl were sitting by me that is if my Andrea's there for the next season??? This poor girl would be Traumatized for life and you would have a lot of explaining to do!!

Reactions: JCMore
JCMore JCMore just think about if you and your girl were sitting by me that is if my Andrea's there for the next season??? This poor girl would be Traumatized for life and you would have a lot of explaining to do!!
You should go to the game! That would be a fun time! I hope your husband feels better

You should go to the game! That would be a fun time! I hope your husband feels better
I'v seen Andrea 3 times. The first and last time a Gillette than the one in the middle at Yankee Stadium. The first time he was with AC Milan. I don't know about the future i think the game vs The Revs may have been the last. He's not said a word as of late to what he may do past this season. After he gets this New York High out his system it's my Hope that he looks to the Vineyards for the future. It kills me that i can't buy his wine!! When i suspect it's brought in suitcases All Over NY!! But he's sneaky so you never know what up those custom shirt sleeves of his!! Thank-you for asking about my husband he's better now!