Survivor Pool Open

BlueCityRadio

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Dec 25, 2014
www.bluecityradio.com
I will be coordinating an MLS Survivor Pool. I am only announcing it here but you can invite friends. I will probably cap the pool to the first 200 replies. I am not even sure if I will have that many join, but I don't want to spend every Monday sifting through more than 200 emails.

Here are the rules:

1) To enter you must send a request to join the pool to me at Forumssurvivorpool@gmail.com.

2) Each week beginning March 2, 2015 any entrants must email me their chosen team for the week. Entries must be received by 6pm EST. If a team is playing two games in any given week, you must clarify which opponent you are picking against. If no opponent is specified than the first game of the week will be counted as the entry.

3) You may only choose each MLS team once. If there are still multiple participants after week 20 then the list will reset and all teams will be available for entry.

4) If your entry team wins then you are credited with the win. If your loses then you are credited with a loss. This will be a two-loss elimination league. That means after two losses you are eliminated from the league. Regardless if you are credited with a win or a loss, you may not choose any team more than once until after you have chosen every team for at least one week.

5) If no entry is received on time, again by Monday 6pm EST then you will given a loss.

6) Winner will be the last entrant not eliminated.

7) Prize is still TBD. I am thinking either an NYCFC cap or t-shirt. It depends on if I get something donated by the team or not. If not then I will buy a cap or t-shirt and send it out to the winner.

Any questions, send them to me at forumssurvivorpool@gmail.com.

I will update this thread each week with the list of entries and players in an excel spreadsheet. Hopefully it will be easy to include in the post.

Let's have a fun season.

I will be coordinating an MLS Survivor Pool. I am only announcing it here but you can invite friends. I will probably cap the pool to the first 200 replies. I am not even sure if I will have that many join, but I don't want to spend every Monday sifting through more than 200 emails.

Here are the rules:

1) To enter you must send a request to join the pool to me at Forumssurvivorpool@gmail.com.

2) Each week beginning March 2, 2015 any entrants must email me their chosen team for the week. Entries must be received by 6pm EST. If a team is playing two games in any given week, you must clarify which opponent you are picking against. If no opponent is specified than the first game of the week will be counted as the entry.

3) You may only choose each MLS team once. If there are still multiple participants after week 20 then the list will reset and all teams will be available for entry.

4) If your entry team wins then you are credited with the win. If your loses then you are credited with a loss. This will be a two-loss elimination league. That means after two losses you are eliminated from the league. Regardless if you are credited with a win or a loss, you may not choose any team more than once until after you have chosen every team for at least one week.

5) If no entry is received on time, again by Monday 6pm EST then you will given a loss.

6) Winner will be the last entrant not eliminated.

7) Prize is still TBD. I am thinking either an NYCFC cap or t-shirt. It depends on if I get something donated by the team or not. If not then I will buy a cap or t-shirt and send it out to the winner.

Any questions, send them to me at forumssurvivorpool@gmail.com.

I will update this thread each week with the list of entries and players in an excel spreadsheet. Hopefully it will be easy to include in the post.

Let's have a fun season.

Im in, this is great.
Thanks

Great question. Being the commissioner I will say that in the event of a draw, the visiting team will be credited with a win, the home team will be credited with a loss.

You might be able to set up a Google Form to help save some time: http://www.google.com/forms/about/

I've never set one up personally, so maybe one of the many savvy people on this forum can help you out. 200+ weekly emails is a lot!

Great question. Being the commissioner I will say that in the event of a draw, the visiting team will be credited with a win, the home team will be credited with a loss.

Obviously this is your competition and you can do what you want, but the survivor pools I've seen done before had a strict rule - if the game was a draw, it's an automatic fail no matter which team you picked. If you don't correctly pick a winner then you don't go through.

Obviously this is your competition and you can do what you want, but the survivor pools I've seen done before had a strict rule - if the game was a draw, it's an automatic fail no matter which team you picked. If you don't correctly pick a winner then you don't go through.

I don't disagree at all. I guess I am using the coach's point of view that says you get the points at home and when you're away you play for the tie. It will be interesting to see how much this rule comes into effect. In 2014 each team averaged 9.4 draws.

I'm not sure if there is a lack of interest or people don't realize how close we are to the start of the season.

I have extended the deadline for entries. Please let others know. I will accept any entry received before Friday, noon EST.

Thanks for those who already sent their picks

Well that didn't take long. Two weeks into the season and we have a winner for our first Survivor Pool, Me!

Honestly, I have the emails to prove it and I always email my pick to an active contestant before the week starts.

So I am keeping the NYCFC Forums t-shirt that I got at Ryan's Daughter.

I will work on another prize for the next Survivor Pool. Which will begin in week four. So you've got one week off to practice picking winners, history proves you need it.

I will add a twist to this second round. The first round was single elimination. One loss and you're out. I am willing for the sake of adding numbers to allow anyone who refers a contestant to the Survivor Pool one additional life. Which means if you get a friend to join the pool then you get two losses before being eliminated.

The referral rule can apply, for new contestants as well but you cannot refer each other, if that makes sense. If Joe and Jim have never played then only one of them is eligible for the referral life out of the two, the other contestant would have to refer someone else.

Let see if this lasts longer this time now that some people have the hang of it.

Good luck.

For the record, my picks were FC Dallas and Orlando

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Well that didn't take long. Two weeks into the season and we have a winner for our first Survivor Pool, Me!

Honestly, I have the emails to prove it and I always email my pick to an active contestant before the week starts.

So I am keeping the NYCFC Forums t-shirt that I got at Ryan's Daughter.

I will work on another prize for the next Survivor Pool. Which will begin in week four. So you've got one week off to practice picking winners, history proves you need it.

I will add a twist to this second round. The first round was single elimination. One loss and you're out. I am willing for the sake of adding numbers to allow anyone who refers a contestant to the Survivor Pool one additional life. Which means if you get a friend to join the pool then you get two losses before being eliminated.

The referral rule can apply, for new contestants as well but you cannot refer each other, if that makes sense. If Joe and Jim have never played then only one of them is eligible for the referral life out of the two, the other contestant would have to refer someone else.

Let see if this lasts longer this time now that some people have the hang of it.

Good luck.

For the record, my picks were FC Dallas and Orlando

Well, I'm glad at least that I'm back in the game ! lol

Reactions: thesauerchise