TFC Postmatch

Every formation has it pitfalls, there's no such dominant formation. Hell you could still lose being up a man. It's a matter of personnel and ideologies more than just "oh this formation can't be beat"
Agree completely. But there are still bubbles.

I disagree. They scored a fluky goal - a full volley off a deflected pass, shit happens, and then they bunkered. They could barely break out of their end without losing the ball and we pretty much contained Gio save for the trap/pass to him by RJ. I definitely do not think they looked better than us, and we were getting very good looks on net with the keeper coming up with some key saves (one was Sweat's cracker) and TMac hitting the post from 3feet away.

The only thing I'm worried about with this team, is that PV has not learned how to make the right subs. And I really wonder if he holds grudges, regarding punishment, against players that keep them off the field. Tag in the fact our star draft pick has seen almost no time and our second pick has seen less, and there's something funky with the team management.
Jonathan Lewis is the new Mix Diskerud.

I'm joking but yeah I wonder what he's looking for with those guys. We definitely won't see them on Saturday.

Okoli has something to prove. We've looked good with okoli and villa playing together.

I disagree. They scored a fluky goal - a full volley off a deflected pass, shit happens, and then they bunkered. They could barely break out of their end without losing the ball and we pretty much contained Gio save for the trap/pass to him by RJ. I definitely do not think they looked better than us, and we were getting very good looks on net with the keeper coming up with some key saves (one was Sweat's cracker) and TMac hitting the post from 3feet away.

The only thing I'm worried about with this team, is that PV has not learned how to make the right subs. And I really wonder if he holds grudges, regarding punishment, against players that keep them off the field. Tag in the fact our star draft pick has seen almost no time and our second pick has seen less, and there's something funky with the team management.

And maxis goal wasn't flukey? You're being way too one sided. They missed some good chances too. We did not control this game. It was a very poor showing. Yes PVs subs sucked but that's not the only problem

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Jonathan Lewis is the new Mix Diskerud.

I'm joking but yeah I wonder what he's looking for with those guys. We definitely won't see them on Saturday.

Okoli has something to prove. We've looked good with okoli and villa playing together.
I didn't want to say it, but we've seen this shit before with Mix, leaving guys on the bench that could help the team, and it's really fcking sad to think he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

And maxis goal wasn't flukey? You're being way too one sided. They missed some good chances too. We did not control this game. It was a very poor showing. Yes PVs subs sucked but that's not the only problem
A ball shot on net that takes a deflection and still goes in is a hell of a lot less fluky or surprising than a hard pass deflected to the far side of the box for a wing back to full volley.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I think the kids need more playing time. Yes, training with world class stars helps, but nothing is better than first team experience. Lewis and Sands need to learn. If we lost or tied a game because Lewis or Sands were to fuck up, I'd be mad. But, there's also hope in knowing that they'll probably learn from that mistake.

Mikey, Ethan, and RJ have been in the league for years, and look like they've not learned a single thing. They aren't learning anything and all look like headless chickens out on the pitch. If the players on a team suck, at least show some potential in learning. They're not learning from their mistakes, and now teams are catching on to their inefficiencies.

Sucky game in sucky weather, but I was glad I used points for the pregame warmup. Although in one of the drills Sweat kicked Chanot in the toe, who was then hobbling around for a minute. #blameBenSweat

I think the kids need more playing time. Yes, training with world class stars helps, but nothing is better than first team experience. Lewis and Sands need to learn. If we lost or tied a game because Lewis or Sands were to fuck up, I'd be mad. But, there's also hope in knowing that they'll probably learn from that mistake.

Mikey, Ethan, and RJ have been in the league for years, and look like they've not learned a single thing. They aren't learning anything and all look like headless chickens out on the pitch. If the players on a team suck, at least show some potential in learning. They're not learning from their mistakes, and now teams are catching on to their inefficiencies.

Sucky game in sucky weather, but I was glad I used points for the pregame warmup. Although in one of the drills Sweat kicked Chanot in the toe, who was then hobbling around for a minute. #blameBenSweat
I saw that! Johnson kept looking over at him when he was hobbling around and he looked nervous...

Possession stats in 5 minute intervals are ridiculous. (tried to get the image to post from the MLS app but it won't):

NYCFC won every five minute interval except the last 20 minutes of the game - lost all four five minute intervals significantly. PV can't help but outthink himself.

giphy.gif

I didn't want to say it, but we've seen this shit before with Mix, leaving guys on the bench that could help the team, and it's really fcking sad to think he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

A coach not trusting a young guy or forcing them in year 1 to earn their reps is nothing new and very different than what happened with Mix a USMNT player at the time being completely frozen out with no explanation. I'd look in the direction of Shelton if we want to brew up a Mix comparison, as someone pointed out earlier he's way beyond his preliminary recovery window.

Thought there were stretches we controlled the game. Definitely not arguing we deserved to win, because I think we played so poorly in the last 25 minutes we through those 2 points away.

Reactions: mgarbowski
A ball shot on net that takes a deflection and still goes in is a hell of a lot less fluky or surprising than a hard pass deflected to the far side of the box for a wing back to full volley.

Or how about blaming the fact that he was wide open and nobody marked him because we played poorly. You seem very content to make excuses.

I think it's grasping straws to try to defend our overall performance but I've got to say I think this was a solid goal. It came from a very service from Villa and normally I'd expect Maxi to have controlled that initial pass better and scored a "cleaner" goal but it counts just the same.

I think it's grasping straws to try to defend our overall performance but I've got to say I think this was a solid goal. It came from a very service from Villa and normally I'd expect Maxi to have controlled that initial pass better and scored a "cleaner" goal but it counts just the same.

But if that goal isn't flukey what makes it any different than their first goal. The pass deflected instead of the shot. After a nice volley in the box?

Thoughts on Jack not going down for the PK late in the first half? (39th minute I think)

Not wishing that he starts taking dives, but that was clearly a foul, and once he fights through it he is now at a much worse angle for a shot on goal. Also, Moor is already sitting on a yellow, and therefore would have (hopefully) seen a second yellow and been out of the game.