TFC Postmatch

Ring was ripping long distance shots in warm ups. I feel a good 30 yard bomb in the near future.
Hey I like Ring as much as the next guy and I've seen him put some shots into the 200 seats. He may be good but I can't really see him getting one up into the 300s, but hey, I like your optimism!

Food for thought: we scored 2 goals.

1 was an amazing solo play from villa

The second was a very fortunate bounce for maxi moralez.

Is that the signs of a team that's firing on all cylinders that can make a deep playoff run?
It is not. Fat Tommy has no business on the pitch for us. He's as much of liability as Pirlo's corpse

I didn't want to say it, but we've seen this shit before with Mix, leaving guys on the bench that could help the team, and it's really fcking sad to think he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.
Fair to say Vieira is a good manager and a shit in game coach. Which basically means, effectively, he's a shit manager.

We had more problems than just tommy
I did notice RJ on the field. In case you missed my prior posts.

Rj was a fucking joke tonight. He showed the same quality I always see, but because TFC is competently coached, it was exposed to everyone else as well.

You can win MLS cup with a low skill, try hard fullback.
You cannot win MLS cup with an RJ Allen. He's glory hogging, good for fuck all,, choke when needed bitch who can't execute.

The end. The sooner it's the end of me watching him on what appears to be repeat, the fucking better. I loathe him.

Reactions: Vallos
I hate this prevent defense crap. The best way to have combat their attack at the end was via more offense IMO. Viera doesn't have that killer instinct yet. He's becoming too predictable. He got out-coached by an ejected coach.

Or how about blaming the fact that he was wide open and nobody marked him because we played poorly. You seem very content to make excuses.
What excuses? It was a fluky goal. I even said it in another post, "shit happens". Seriously Joseph, you're badly reaching for straws if you think I'm making excuses. It's not a #tone thing, you really are trolling for the sake of trolling.

I disagree. They scored a fluky goal - a full volley off a deflected pass, shit happens, and then they bunkered. They could barely break out of their end without losing the ball and we pretty much contained Gio save for the trap/pass to him by RJ. I definitely do not think they looked better than us, and we were getting very good looks on net with the keeper coming up with some key saves (one was Sweat's cracker) and TMac hitting the post from 3feet away.

The only thing I'm worried about with this team, is that PV has not learned how to make the right subs. And I really wonder if he holds grudges, regarding punishment, against players that keep them off the field. Tag in the fact our star draft pick has seen almost no time and our second pick has seen less, and there's something funky with the team management.
Guy we scored a fluke goal too on that morales goal. Goalie completely whiffed and it was deflected over him. But I agree with the second part of your comment

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I hate this prevent defense crap. The best way to have combat their attack at the end was via more offense IMO. Viera doesn't have that killer instinct yet. He's becoming too predictable. He got out-coached by an ejected coach.
Prevent defense? Yeah we did some zone coverage, 4 deep, rushed only three linemen to give them the underneath to burn the clock. Villa just had to take three knees to end the game

What excuses? It was a fluky goal. I even said it in another post, "shit happens". Seriously Joseph, you're badly reaching for straws if you think I'm making excuses. It's not a #tone thing, you really are trolling for the sake of trolling.

How am I trolling? All I'm saying is if you're gonna call their deflected pass flukey you need to call out deflected shot flukey

How am I trolling? All I'm saying is if you're gonna call their deflected pass flukey you need to call out deflected shot flukey
Nope. A shot on frame goes in 10/10 times unless it's blocked and in this case the defense didn't do enough to block it or redirect it. Maxi hit it with the right power and direction and the defense couldn't fully compensate. It's just physics of motion.

A deflected pass has a randomness factor of going not where it's aimed (I.e to the player's foot for an easy redirection) couple with the variable of another player having to make contact for a shot on goal, and in this case taking it out of the air on full volley with a clean shot. That's a 1/100 shot for a wingback to make without slicing/hooking the ball. That shot doesn't happen again for that player if put in the same situation - it was fluky.

Nope. A shot on frame goes in 10/10 times unless it's blocked and in this case the defense didn't do enough to block it or redirect it. Maxi hit it with the right power and direction and the defense couldn't fully compensate. It's just physics of motion.

A deflected pass has a randomness factor of going not where it's aimed (I.e to the player's foot for an easy redirection) couple with the variable of another player having to make contact for a shot on goal, and in this case taking it out of the air on full volley with a clean shot. That's a 1/100 shot for a wingback to make without slicing/hooking the ball. That shot doesn't happen again for that player if put in the same situation - it was fluky.

Lmao I just can't, these are the exact excuses I'm talking about. On that note goodnight.

I am now ignoring 3 people, but not at all certain I'm not only ignoring one person.

3 people clearly have different opinions than you so put them on ignore. This is the cry babe I only want the hive mentality I was talking about earlier today. It's honestly quite sad. Most of you are older than me but seriously need some growing up to do when it comes to respecting other people's opinions

Thoughts on Jack not going down for the PK late in the first half? (39th minute I think)
If he'd gone down we would have accepted the strategic opportunism but also felt darker in the soul for benefitting from a clear dive. While he was certainly fouled it wasn't the type of foul which would actually send a player to the ground (clearly), so Jack flopping would have felt pretty squicky IMO. Let's let Jack be a white knight and not a black knight.

our right side got raped tonight. RJ was able to somewhat manage it, but once lopez and white went in they just got murdered over and over again. leading to the 2nd goal which rj is also to blame for