The "random Rumors" Thread

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kjbert
There's absolutely no need for this. There's a huge difference between a transfer and a rumor. The thread clearly specified transfers and clearly lists a page long updated roster of 2015 transfers. Also clearly states to list sources to transfers. Not to say it's something that should be argued and fought over. We cleared the thread up because the posts were off topic.
Same issue we have with people CONSTANTLY posting NON-News and NON-Rumor threads in a section clearly labeled NEWS AND RUMORS for NYCFC.

I'll leave this one up but I've edited your thread. No reason to call someone out for wanting to keep a thread clean that they've started and put a lot of work into for other members to benefit from.

There's absolutely no need for this. There's a huge difference between a transfer and a rumor. The thread clearly specified transfers and clearly lists a page long updated roster of 2015 transfers. Also clearly states to list sources to transfers. Not to say it's something that should be argued and fought over. We cleared the thread up because the posts were off topic.
Same issue we have with people CONSTANTLY posting NON-News and NON-Rumor threads in a section clearly labeled NEWS AND RUMORS for NYCFC.

I'll leave this one up but I've edited your thread. No reason to call someone out for wanting to keep a thread clean that they've started and put a lot of work into for other members to benefit from.
As I pointed out, he's posted several rumors in that thread himself.

So no, they're not just transfers...

The only differences between this post:

It sounds legit. Even Sky Sports is running with it and saying theres a chance of a transfer to LA, RB or NYCFC:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9628420/transfer-news-steven-gerrard-to-leave-liverpool-at-the-end-of-season-sky-sources

and what Kjbert and I posted is that Magnus posted this, Steven Gerrard ultimately accepted while Chicharito ultimately rejected the offer (though at the time of both posts no decision was certain in either case), and he could provide a link to a story whereas our rumor was from a radio show(which turned out to be correct) and thus impossible to link to.

Besides, this is what he told us to do in his snarky replies. So here it is.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/15/footb...er-after-struggling-to-find-new-club-5063900/

The article states that Freddy Adu is now clubless and may have to work as a nightclub promoter to make ends meet. Now I know he was incredibly hyped and it was more hype than was warranted, but surely he is good enough to play for a team somewhere?

And holy crap, he's 25. Time flies. I remember him juggling Campbell's Soup cans on TV when he was like 15.

If he can't get a game for Jagodina of the Serbian SuperLiga, and he can only get two games for Bahia in the Brazilian 2nd tier, then I'd say he actually may not be good enough to play for a team somewhere. There are Sunday pub league players in England who could get more games for those teams.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/15/footb...er-after-struggling-to-find-new-club-5063900/

The article states that Freddy Adu is now clubless and may have to work as a nightclub promoter to make ends meet. Now I know he was incredibly hyped and it was more hype than was warranted, but surely he is good enough to play for a team somewhere?

And holy crap, he's 25. Time flies. I remember him juggling Campbell's Soup cans on TV when he was like 15.
It will be a cold day in Abu Dhabi when Jason Kreis signs Freddy Adu on his team. Considering the relationship he and his other former RSL teammates have with him, I would rate this as probably the most unlikely signing of all time.

It will be a cold day in Abu Dhabi when Jason Kreis signs Freddy Adu on his team. Considering the relationship he and his other former RSL teammates have with him, I would rate this as probably the most unlikely signing of all time.
I thought this thread was just random soccer rumors, not NYCFC specific. I was in no way suggesting he should sign for NYCFC or any other team in the league for that mater. I haven't seen anything about Adu since his initial hype so I was just curious about how a player who, although extremely overhyped goes from scoring goals in the league at 14 years old to not being good enough to play in the league at 25 years old. Most people I know that don't even play soccer or do any physical activities are much better at basically everything as a 25 year old than a 14 year old.

Sorry I should have checked the forum heading. However he has burned bridges in 4+ MLS clubs. Not sure anyone would be willing to take him at this point. Maybe minor pros, but he thinks he is too good of course.

Also i'm pretty sure the general assumption is that his age is incorrect. He could be 30.

Also i'm pretty sure the general assumption is that his age is incorrect. He could be 30.
Really? I didn't know that. I thought his age should be more accurate since he has been in America for so long.

It was heavily disputed back when he came into popularity. He was born in Ghana (I believe) and his documents were rather sketchy. Many people speculated at the time that he was 3-5 years older than they claimed. Obviously no proof, but the majority of people from what i've seen do not believe his age to be correct.

It was heavily disputed back when he came into popularity. He was born in Ghana (I believe) and his documents were rather sketchy. Many people speculated at the time that he was 3-5 years older than they claimed. Obviously no proof, but the majority of people from what i've seen do not believe his age to be correct.
That makes more sense then. A 17/18 year old being as good as he was isn't as remarkable as a 14/15 year old.