The Sheep Mentality Of Mls Fans

Gentile

Registered
Feb 2, 2015
I like the league, but this is one of the things that I can't stand. I understand why it came about because of constant struggles of the league in the early years and single entity, but other teams fans constantly concerned about NYCFC's health ie, they are bad for the league, they will be an embarrassment to the league, they have no fans etc. WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN DAMN TEAMS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! The kumbaya shit is grating.

Also notice that MLS seems to have an old boys network of bloggers/journalists associated with others teams/the league who, lets just say sing from the same hymn sheet, and NYCFC is not welcome in they're little club because it is not doing things as all other MLS teams are and are also not 'organic'.

I say if NYCFC is not welcome ok. I would prefer the team to be outsiders and act as independently as you can within a single entity league. I don't obviously want the league to collapse but I won't be worrying or crying for other teams in the league. It's time for fans to be fans of they're teams and not the league IMO.

I have seen a few expansions in MLS and never seen a team made so unwelcome and have such ill will as NYCFC in a league where everybody is supposed to be together as a single entity, and this was BEFORE any front office fuck ups.

So I say no sucking up to the old MLS bloggers/journalists, other fans etc, they don't listen and dislike the club no matter what anyway. Successful New York teams are nearly always hated, so let the sheep hate on while the team wins matches.

I agree, let's embrace the Evil Empire label. Won't be hard for Yankee fans ;-) New York is the Empire State after all. All the haters can go fuck themselves and worry about their shit teams.

I like the league, but this is one of the things that I can't stand. I understand why it came about because of constant struggles of the league in the early years and single entity, but other teams fans constantly concerned about NYCFC's health ie, they are bad for the league, they will be an embarrassment to the league, they have no fans etc. WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN DAMN TEAMS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! The kumbaya shit is grating.

Also notice that MLS seems to have an old boys network of bloggers/journalists associated with others teams/the league who, lets just say sing from the same hymn sheet, and NYCFC is not welcome in they're little club because it is not doing things as all other MLS teams are and are also not 'organic'.

I say if NYCFC is not welcome ok. I would prefer the team to be outsiders and act as independently as you can within a single entity league. I don't obviously want the league to collapse but I won't be worrying or crying for other teams in the league. It's time for fans to be fans of they're teams and not the league IMO.

I have seen a few expansions in MLS and never seen a team made so unwelcome and have such ill will as NYCFC in a league where everybody is supposed to be together as a single entity, and this was BEFORE any front office fuck ups.

So I say no sucking up to the old MLS bloggers/journalists, other fans etc, they don't listen and dislike the club no matter what anyway. Successful New York teams are nearly always hated, so let the sheep hate on while the team wins matches.

soooo pretty much the same as being a yankee fan.

kinda used to it growing up.

Lets be honest, there's a lot of favoritism going on here.

There are two other expansion teams better positioned for a team and because we ponied up the big bucks on licensing, we skipped the line. Again. Just like NYC always does, we pay our way.

It's gonna leave a bitter taste in other peoples mouth.

We've got the third largest following on twitter in the league. The third. And we haven't kicked a ball yet. When everyone is talking about you and taking shots, means that we are relevant. Be worried when no one talks about us at all.

Just passed 11,000 the other day. They've done a nice job and they do a good job of working with the press.
Very good job with the press. And a very good job letting everybody know Kaka is there and playing for them!