Third Rail Forums

Meh I am going to stay here

tumblr_lmne7mMM2Z1qiz3j8o1_400.gif

Buckley Buckley I need the confirmation e-mail
confirmation email comes back automatically check your spam folder

Buckley Buckley will users be deactivated at the end of each year if they don't re-up their membership?

And can my username be changed? I had a brain shart and used my real one

yes the forums are for paid members, and yeah just message me on here give me your name on there and ill change it to whatever you want

Reactions: LostAnvil
If you're looking to stay in touch with your SG (if you're TR) I hope you'll be making an account and become involved.
For all other shenanigans we'll be here.
Ooh, can we have hijinks with our shenanigans? Pleeeeeaaaaaasssseee, Dad - I mean Dan?

Also, my phone may be smarter than me. Autocorrect changed hijinks to bikinis. So I'll take those, too. Looking forward to @Tom in Fairfield CT bikini selfies!

Last edited:

yes the forums are for paid members, and yeah just message me on here give me your name on there and ill change it to whatever you want

Is it down right now? I can't get anything but an error page.

You knew I was just going to troll didn't you? How did you already know my IP?

You cheeky bastards - taunting me with an invite and blocking me. You win this time, Third Rail. You win this time.

Not in my junk folder

So it is entirely private for paid members of your group only? We can't even read it?
I'm not in the group but I can answer: yes. It is a private independent forum that is open only to paid members. Hearts of Oak also has a private forum as well but it is being hosted here (under Supporter Factions).

Reactions: TommyM
I'm not in the group but I can answer: yes. It is a private independent forum that is open only to paid members. Hearts of Oak also has a private forum as well but it is being hosted here (under Supporter Factions).
Seems like an odd way to advertise your events, promote your group and such. But to each their own.

Can't say I have any interest at all in joining "official" supporters groups. Assuming I can go to games and buy tickets to away matches, I don't see the attraction.

Seems like an odd way to advertise your events, promote your group and such. But to each their own.

Can't say I have any interest at all in joining "official" supporters groups. Assuming I can go to games and buy tickets to away matches, I don't see the attraction.
Are you talking about the Third Rail forum or the Hearts of Oak subsection?

Are you talking about the Third Rail forum or the Hearts of Oak subsection?
About "official SG" : I guess any of them. I understand folks want to join clubs, and more power to them. But in this case I (just for myself, mind) don't see the point in paying dues to attend matches which I then have to pay the FC for anyway.

Now if these proved to be advocacy organizations, or were funding some collective something that I was interested in contributing to, I might change my mind. But a message board hardly rises to that level, does it?

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
About "official SG" : I guess any of them. I understand folks want to join clubs, and more power to them. But in this case I (just for myself, mind) don't see the point in paying dues to attend matches which I then have to pay the FC for anyway.

Now if these proved to be advocacy organizations, or were funding some collective something that I was interested in contributing to, I might change my mind. But a message board hardly rises to that level, does it?
Oh OK. I see what you're saying. For me, the benefit of joining an SG with dues is evenly spreading the costs of flags, banners, travel expenses etc. Rather than me paying 100$ for a flag, I spend say 2.50$. Granted it wouldn't be a fully customized flag like it would be if I paid out of pocket, but I trust that my group will find an acceptable place to spend the money. There's also the benefit of being a part of something and feeling like you are making an impact. In the grand scheme it's pointless I guess but there are plenty of things I've spent 25$ on that were far more worthless than an SG. For my group I was able to get a scarf, a patch and the peace of mind that I'm helping grow the supporter culture here in NYC.