Third Rail Forums

Oh OK. I see what you're saying. For me, the benefit of joining an SG with dues is evenly spreading the costs of flags, banners, travel expenses etc. Rather than me paying 100$ for a flag, I spend say 2.50$. Granted it wouldn't be a fully customized flag like it would be if I paid out of pocket, but I trust that my group will find an acceptable place to spend the money. There's also the benefit of being a part of something and feeling like you are making an impact. In the grand scheme it's pointless I guess but there are plenty of things I've spent 25$ on that were far more worthless than an SG. For my group I was able to get a scarf, a patch and the peace of mind that I'm helping grow the supporter culture here in NYC.
I hear you, but I can't remember the last time I said "Way to go, Third Rail." They've done more harm than good, to date.

(And I recognize you're not Third Rail, IIRC - don't mean to misrepresent.)

Reactions: TommyM
About "official SG" : I guess any of them. I understand folks want to join clubs, and more power to them. But in this case I (just for myself, mind) don't see the point in paying dues to attend matches which I then have to pay the FC for anyway.

Now if these proved to be advocacy organizations, or were funding some collective something that I was interested in contributing to, I might change my mind. But a message board hardly rises to that level, does it?

Just a quick response because a lot of your "concern" is misplaced. I personally like to make distinctions.

Nobody is paying dues just to buy tickets. It's been addressed on more than one occasion on these forums. I'm not going to run it down again. I would just encourage you to have the facts in place before you make sweeping generalizations. Otherwise, coming new to these forums with a NYC Firm avatar and throwing darts makes you seem like you're just here to kick up dust.

Every SG member is spending money somewhere. Period. Trying to demonize TR for having dues is just nonsense.

Just a quick response because a lot of your "concern" is misplaced. I personally like to make distinctions.

Nobody is paying dues just to buy tickets. It's been addressed on more than one occasion on these forums. I'm not going to run it down again. I would just encourage you to have the facts in place before you make sweeping generalizations. Otherwise, coming new to these forums with a NYC Firm avatar and throwing darts makes you seem like you're just here to kick up dust.

Every SG member is spending money somewhere. Period. Trying to demonize TR for having dues is just nonsense.
He's not demonizing TR. He's asking about all paid SG's.

Wow. No one is demonizing anyone, nor is there some conspiracy to defame your organization. I just don't want to join any official SG unless I feel there's some attraction. I was asked why -- by someone from a different SG -- and I answered. Try to keep this comradely, OK?

Dear All,

Can someone please explain why 3rd Rail take membership money but then don't provide membership packs? I joined last year but didn't receive my membership pack so took the matter up with the 3rd Rail sales team who told me a pack of lies about 'difficulties in distributing to overseas members and how they'd sort it all out' but they didn't, we exchanged many emails and they just told lies repeatedly until I gave up.
Then, lo and behold, new memberships come out so I have the sales team sending me emails and asking for more money so I explain the situation to them and they make a loads more promises.
Guess what? Yes, you're right, I fell for their lies and nothing arrived again.

My thought is that ripping fans off is not a good thing to do and I'm so sicked by the 3rd Rail lies that I'm now going to indulge myself in a campaign via fans forum and twitter to let everyone know that 3rd Rail is a rip off organisation that takes money of honest folk but gives nothing but lies in return!

PS. Everyone should avoid 3rd Rail because; they take membership money but refuse to distribute the goods that are paid for / they have liars in their sales team . . fluent liars!

they have liars in their sales team . . fluent liars!
Dude, you're starting to spam the forums about this. As others have already told you, this is a fan forum, has nothing to do with the Third Rail other than that many of us are members.

And about their "sales team," really? It's a supporters group run by a small handful of people, maybe half a dozen or so. If some of them are busy at work that week it may be tough for them to take the time out to figure things out like customs and overseas shipping. The way you say "sales team" makes it sound like you think there are 27 high-paid executives using your money to light up their cigars as they chortle at your dismay. But the reality is that it's just a few people busting their asses to run a large and pretty much brand new supporters' group in their spare time. It's not their job eight hours a day. There's no sales team.

I understand you're upset about your dealings with them, but based on all my interactions with them and with what I've read here and on the Facebook group everyone eventually gets their stuff. Not telling you what to do but I have to say that if you're politely and firmly persistent, emphasis on the politely part, you'll get what's due to you.

There's no sales team. Have I mentioned that before? Just checking.

Dude, you're starting to spam the forums about this. As others have already told you, this is a fan forum, has nothing to do with the Third Rail other than that many of us are members.

And about their "sales team," really? It's a supporters group run by a small handful of people, maybe half a dozen or so. If some of them are busy at work that week it may be tough for them to take the time out to figure things out like customs and overseas shipping. The way you say "sales team" makes it sound like you think there are 27 high-paid executives using your money to light up their cigars as they chortle at your dismay. But the reality is that it's just a few people busting their asses to run a large and pretty much brand new supporters' group in their spare time. It's not their job eight hours a day. There's no sales team.

I understand you're upset about your dealings with them, but based on all my interactions with them and with what I've read here and on the Facebook group everyone eventually gets their stuff. Not telling you what to do but I have to say that if you're politely and firmly persistent, emphasis on the politely part, you'll get what's due to you.

There's no sales team. Have I mentioned that before? Just checking.

Ok hands up - I did get a bit spammy there and I'm sorry if I've upset anyone by that . . but I did get a good lead as another avenue of complaint (thanks guys) and I'll follow that lead hereon in so as not to clutter this forum with my poorly directed angst.

One thing I should mention is that I've been polite with them, I've heard all the excuses and I had all the patience for a long time but they haven't even delivered my membership pack for last year - mine is not the action of a bloke quick to anger - mine is the action of a bloke who's patience has been worn thin by listening to lies for month after month.
You say everyone eventually gets their stuff but I put the point to you that they're not slow about taking my hard earned money off me (no delays in the taking the money department) and the relevance of a 2014 membership pack diminishes quite rapidly when the season has been and gone. They've had my money and I've wasted my time sending hopeful "can I have my goods please" emails to them, reading the lies they send in response, believing the lies they send in response then realising that they just lie because nothing that looks like a membership pack ever comes through the door.

There are far more appropriate ways to handle this. Nobody should be left to feel ripped off but we shouldn't have to be subject to you spamming the forum either.

Visit their website and use their "Contact Us" page to voice your concern.

Just an observation I had reading your story, 2015 Memberships were handled entirely by Upper 90. If you ordered a membership, it was from them and you should contact them about your order.

Reactions: einwindir
There are far more appropriate ways to handle this. Nobody should be left to feel ripped off but we shouldn't have to be subject to you spamming the forum either.

Visit their website and use their "Contact Us" page to voice your concern.

Just an observation I had reading your story, 2015 Memberships were handled entirely by Upper 90. If you ordered a membership, it was from them and you should contact them about your order.

I was dealing with a liar called Chance Mitchels, After many complaints about not received anything from him he responded on the 13th of February to say

"Hello Bob,
Not a scam, I assure you. As you guessed, we've been a bit overwhelmed by the tremendous response, and let a couple things slip. That's why I wanted to touch base.
I will get a replacement out to you tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks again,
Chance"

He still didn't send my pack out so I wrote and wrote and I eventually requested that he either supply my goods within 7 days or provide a refund but he then refused to respond to my (very polite) emails so I've given up being polite to the scammers and I'm calling them out as the thieves that they are.

I must reiterate that he had no delay in taking my money off me so I see no reason why I should have been deprived of the goods that were legally mine and I have no sympathy for liars and thieves.

I strongly recommend that folk do not give money to the scammers at 3rd Rail and I'm unapologetic about that as a point of moral principle. I'm sorry if my mentioning that 3rd Rail is run by liars who steal your money has upset you at all (not my intention) but I feel I owe it to the good folk who read this stuff to warn them of the perils of dealing with 3rd Rail.

I must add that I have posted on the "contact us" section of their website but I've received no response (surprise surprise) and I've also been in contact with a guy called Bill Domeika who comes across as being a nice fellow but who has made promises to correct matters but actually achieved nothing whatsoever in the manner that I've come to expect from the liars at 3rd Rail. So I've stopped being reasonable towards 3rd Rail and I'll tell the truth as I see it.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Welp. Can't be mad at that. I have copied this response to the TR forum for you. I will report back here with anything I hear.

For what it's worth, I'm very sorry that you ended up at this point. That just shouldn't be. Ever.

H Herb, I sent the message privately to a TR member on the TR forum. It will be passed up to the person(s) responsible for handling this. If I hear anything more, I will let you know. If you hear something on your end first, please let me know. This is for the 2014 package.

As I stated before, if you bought a 2015 membership, you would have had to have done so through here. Please contact Upper 90 by logging in and checking the status of your order, or by sending an e-mail to contact@u90soccer.com.

Reactions: JayH
I was dealing with a liar called Chance Mitchels, After many complaints about not received anything from him he responded on the 13th of February to say

"Hello Bob,
Not a scam, I assure you. As you guessed, we've been a bit overwhelmed by the tremendous response, and let a couple things slip. That's why I wanted to touch base.
I will get a replacement out to you tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks again,
Chance"

He still didn't send my pack out so I wrote and wrote and I eventually requested that he either supply my goods within 7 days or provide a refund but he then refused to respond to my (very polite) emails so I've given up being polite to the scammers and I'm calling them out as the thieves that they are.

I must reiterate that he had no delay in taking my money off me so I see no reason why I should have been deprived of the goods that were legally mine and I have no sympathy for liars and thieves.

I strongly recommend that folk do not give money to the scammers at 3rd Rail and I'm unapologetic about that as a point of moral principle. I'm sorry if my mentioning that 3rd Rail is run by liars who steal your money has upset you at all (not my intention) but I feel I owe it to the good folk who read this stuff to warn them of the perils of dealing with 3rd Rail

I must add that I have posted on the "contact us" section of their website but I've received no response (surprise surprise) and I've also been in contact with a guy called Bill Domeika who comes across as being a nice fellow but who has made promises to correct matters but actually achieved nothing whatsoever in the manner that I've come to expect from the liars at 3rd Rail. So I've stopped being reasonable towards 3rd Rail and I'll tell the truth as I see it.

My experience with Third Rail has not been as extremely bad or frustrating as your yours, and being a member it does concern me because there are many good folks like you and myself who have signed up. Its worrisome and extremely frustrating TTR lack of communication and information from the leadership whoever they are. I first signed up was back in November 2014 at a event called the the Unveiling. Like you, I paid for the yearly membership and never heard from them until I was invited to a watch party at their hangout, Nevada Smith Bar and I finally got my Scarf and membership card in Feb. 2015.
About 3-4 months ago there was an election to elect /re-elect a new board. I got an email to cast my vote but the website did not worked and was unable to vote. I may be wrong , but Chance Michael is no longer the president or whatever.

If you paid by cc, you can dispute the charge(s) with the cc, be aware that you have limited time to do this, but try it anyway. call the bank. You should get your money back if you never got the stuff. you have proof that you have contacted them and never got a response. I hope this help.

Contact Third Rail
Try checking the info I have pasted below that I found from an EvenBrite website TTR uses to organize events
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?

Please contact Brian at Brian@thirdrail.nyc

Last edited:
Dear All,

Can someone please explain why 3rd Rail take membership money but then don't provide membership packs? I joined last year but didn't receive my membership pack so took the matter up with the 3rd Rail sales team who told me a pack of lies about 'difficulties in distributing to overseas members and how they'd sort it all out' but they didn't, we exchanged many emails and they just told lies repeatedly until I gave up.
Then, lo and behold, new memberships come out so I have the sales team sending me emails and asking for more money so I explain the situation to them and they make a loads more promises.
Guess what? Yes, you're right, I fell for their lies and nothing arrived again.

My thought is that ripping fans off is not a good thing to do and I'm so sicked by the 3rd Rail lies that I'm now going to indulge myself in a campaign via fans forum and twitter to let everyone know that 3rd Rail is a rip off organisation that takes money of honest folk but gives nothing but lies in return!

PS. Everyone should avoid 3rd Rail because; they take membership money but refuse to distribute the goods that are paid for / they have liars in their sales team . . fluent liars!

if i understand correctly, you're mad at them because you didnt receive a t-shirt and a sticker?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT