Third Rail Memberships

jerzy

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Hey guys, (@NYisBLUE , BToto920 BToto920 , Z zl10 )... Now that we have a name for the SG, what are the plans for getting official memberships going? I know Chance was collecting some $ at the meeting, but I wanted to find out whether there were any plans for a membership drive? How much the memberships are gonna cost (I forgot whether you mentioned it at the meeting)? Will they all be the same or will we have different tiers? Are you waiting to get the website going first? And for the people who are interested in jumping on, what do we do and where do we send our money?

Reactions: einwindir
what would the membership get us?
can there be a non-paid membership for people who just wanna go to the game, chant and come home (no drinking)
I'm assuming a scarf, a badge, maybe some stickers.... Let's see what they come up with.

can there be a non-paid membership for people who just wanna go to the game, chant and come home (no drinking)

You can sit wherever you want and obviously go to the game without being a supporter.
However, if you can afford the fee why not? Probably $25?

At the meeting, paid membership meant voting privileges, decision-making, sitting on the board, bar specials, website membership, et al... Non-paid membership is totally fine. You just don't get any benefits. You can still sit, sing, and do whatever you want. EVERYONE that is a fan and will be chanting/singing is part of the Third Rail.

There will be another name for paid members.

I know that this is a US group and obviously the culture is different, but in the UK, membership of supporters club gets you two main things: access to official SC meetings, where special guests (past and present players) sometimes are invited to attend, and access to SC resources, which generally means hiring coaches for those coming from further away and use of the SC's season tickets, allowing those who can only attend a few games every season to still sit with other season ticket holders.

I'm not saying you need to copy this model, but it might give some more ideas.

Reactions: Samuel Youn
There are a few things that need to be in place first before we start accepting membership fees. Now that a name has been picked, Chance will be filing the paperwork. Once that is done, then we can set up a bank account and then start accepting membership fees (probably over PayPal). The "membership package" hasn't been finalized yet, but it will most likely include a membership card, discounts at various establishments, a merchandise item that will rotate every year and first crack at away game tickets. Membership benefits would also include voting rights, volunteer options and first knowledge of upcoming events.

There are a few things that need to be in place first before we start accepting membership fees. Now that a name has been picked, Chance will be filing the paperwork. Once that is done, then we can set up a bank account and then start accepting membership fees (probably over PayPal). The "membership package" hasn't been finalized yet, but it will most likely include a membership card, discounts at various establishments, a merchandise item that will rotate every year and first crack at away game tickets. Membership benefits would also include voting rights, volunteer options and first knowledge of upcoming events.
Will individual game tickets for the supporter section be offered, either by the club or by the TTR?

Will individual game tickets for the supporter section be offered, either by the club or by the TTR?
I imagine that the supporter's section will be general admission (either formally or informally) like the supporter's sections at other MLS stadia. Tickets will definitely be offered individually if they are available. If we sell out the section with season tickets (unlikely IMO) just get tickets nearby and come stand with us.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
If I end up sitting in the Non-Supporter Section seats, can I still be a member?

If I end up sitting in the Non-Supporter Section seats, can I still be a member?
I imagine you mean membership of the to be named subgroup. If so, I believe that membership will be independent of seating preference. Although do not take my word for it. Although you would have to be okay with the fact that your dues would support the supporter's group's needs (i.e. tifo, flags, away trips, etc.) in addition to the other stuff the subgroup will need funds for (external events and the like).

That's fine. And it's possible I will still buy tickets there anyway. Not to sound like a snob, but if our seats for Yankee Stadium are the Left Field bleachers, I just wouldn't buy there. Awful view.

That's fine. And it's possible I will still buy tickets there anyway. Not to sound like a snob, but if our seats for Yankee Stadium are the Left Field bleachers, I just wouldn't buy there. Awful view.
I disagree about the view, I sat there for Man City Chelsea I think and I thought they were excellent seats. As good as one would expect from behind the goal. Now maybe you just rather have the sideline view of the action but the left field bleachers are excellent seats for a behind the goal view.

Reactions: Goodfella
The club is also working to secure us a ton of additional benefits for joining the Third Rail at the stadium, store, for buses to away matches, and more. Once finalized, they will be publicly known, but until then we can only state what we know we can do on our end: scarf, card, discounts, early information regarding public events - first crack at tickets and such - and supporters club only events.