Tim Leiweke Claims Nycfc Sold 24,000 Season Tickets

BxLio91

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 1, 2014
The Trap
Tim Leiweke, president of TFC was giving some sort of conference or whatever and he claimed that NYCFC had sold TWENTY FOUR THOUSAND (24,000) season tickets.
Now the number seems really high and I'm half freaking out half doubtful but HOLY SHIT if true.
I'm trying to see how that's possible but if it's true, what a massive fuck you to everyone who doubted us.
Here's the video below. Start at 58:00.

https://ryecast.ryerson.ca/12/Watch/7594.aspx

I just came across that video...thanks for pointing out exactly where he said that! I can't believe it, just seems to far-fetched.

To be honest, City owners buying huge swath is the only thing that makes sense.

The last number I heard was 8k.. but that was a couple of month ago :cool:

We did have the Lampard signing, Villa first showing up in NYC, and the friendly which should have boosted sales a bit since then. I still can't believe they would not have made some type of announcement, at least when they hit 20k.

That would be fantastic if true, but I can't buy it.

If true why wouldn't NYCFC be screaming this info from the mountain tops? Three thousand tickets available for walk ups? Why wouldn't they be announcing plans then to open up the 400 level?

Even if it ends up not being true which I assume for now, Red Bull fans going apeshit is funny.

Reactions: 413Blue
Maybe its cuz they're focused on getting the stadium deal done. That way they can drop 2 bombs at the same time.

Reactions: Drainyoo
Maybe its cuz they're focused on getting the stadium deal done. That way they can drop 2 bombs at the same time.
Man if we get that double whammy...
DRYOv.gif

Maybe it's 1,400 season tickets which equals. 24,000 annual attendance and he f'ed up his interpretation

Maybe it's 1,400 season tickets which equals. 24,000 annual attendance and he f'ed up his interpretation
They already announced more than 3000 accounts so this would be impossible., i think 24k its too much though

Someone on here claimed to have a source in NYCFC who told him 8k seats when they announced the 3k founding member limit had been reached. So if we trust that math, that would mean we would need to have 9k accounts at this point. Not too unreasonable considering shortly after we hit 3k we signed Lampard, Villa made his first appearances in NYC and they hosted the friendly which, along with all of the marketing, may have gotten us there. I think it's an extreme optimistic view, but it's not ridiculous like some people think.
The main reason I doubt it is because NYCFC has been so silent. It is possible however they are waiting until after people either put down their first big installment with selection or pay in full to announce any numbers. It would look bad if they announce 24k, and then when only 10k actually get their seats they look foolish. Granted, I think the deposit to pay ratio will be close to 100% but they may be playing it safe.

Reactions: BxLio91
I agree that it is possible....at least I hope so. If each account holder were to average 2.6 seats per (as 413Blue's post indicates) and subtracting out the initial 3000 member's 8000 seats, 6,154 more accounts are needed. In a 60 day selling period, 15 account reps would each need to sign up 7 per day. It would be a lofty goal, but with the right lead generation it could be possible. I haven't worked in the field so I don't know what good looks like, but it is fun to speculate until we hear official numbers. They certainly marketed well and everywhere.

I agree that it is possible....at least I hope so. If each account holder were to average 2.6 seats per (as 413Blue's post indicates) and subtracting out the initial 3000 member's 8000 seats, 6,154 more accounts are needed. In a 60 day selling period, 15 account reps would each need to sign up 7 per day. It would be a lofty goal, but with the right lead generation it could be possible. I haven't worked in the field so I don't know what good looks like, but it is fun to speculate until we hear official numbers. They certainly marketed well and everywhere.

Breaking it down like that makes it seem even less likely. Selling over 100 season tickets a day for two months(including weekends) seems opinconceivabke.