[title Edit By Mod] Another Tired Argument About Manchester City And Lampard - March 2015 Edition

kas_tippler

Registered
Mar 15, 2015
Manchester innit
I've noticed there's a lot of discontent on here about Frank Lampard not arriving on time, the colour of the home shirts, the connection with Manchester City, the manager of the team etc. The question I want to ask is why bother support New York City FC if it angers you lot so much? NYCFC have only played 2 games, 1 at home so there's no strong bond between supporters and the club. This isn't supposed to be a flippant or clever question nor I'm not having a cheap shot, like I've said in past post's that I consider myself a fan of NYCFC and wish New York City Fc Melbourne City FC and Manchester City all the success for the future. CTID

I've noticed there's a lot of discontent on here about Frank Lampard not arriving on time, the colour of the home shirts, the connection with Manchester City, the manager of the team etc. The question I want to ask is why bother support New York City FC if it angers you lot so much? NYCFC have only played 2 games, 1 at home so there's no strong bond between supporters and the club. This isn't supposed to be a flippant or clever question nor I'm not having a cheap shot, like I've said in past post's that I consider myself a fan of NYCFC and wish New York City Fc Melbourne City FC and Manchester City all the success for the future. CTID

Are people not allowed to have opinions? Just take it as it comes without question?

I personally like the home shirt and wore it to the first home game, would have preferred Fat Frank here for the start of the season, I follow Chelsea in EPL and I'm a huge Jason Kreis fan. I'm not a Man City fan but I am appreciative of the investment they've made to bring football to NYC.

My city, my club but I will call em out when they flub something badly and with intent.

they basically made him a posterboy for the club... then our season starts and hes nowhere to be found...its like getting a christmas gift in mid august.

Are people not allowed to have opinions? Just take it as it comes without question?

I personally like the home shirt and wore it to the first home game, would have preferred Fat Frank here for the start of the season, I follow Chelsea in EPL and I'm a huge Jason Kreis fan. I'm not a Man City fan but I am appreciative of the investment they've made to bring football to NYC.

My city, my club but I will call em out when they flub something badly and with intent.

Thank you, a decent answer without the need to trade insults

Reactions: Goodfella
they basically made him a posterboy for the club... then our season starts and hes nowhere to be found...its like getting a christmas gift in mid august.

There's a Frank Lampard thread somewhere else on the forum, I was just wondering if it causes that much anger from a new team why bother? Not being flippant

I think this sums it up pretty well ... just throwing in the analogy that popped into my head to maybe put it into perspective.

I think of it this way - the team is sort of a like a pet dog. I love my dog. He's 13 and the best dog ever. But ya know what when he was a puppy he peed everywhere and humped everything, even my friends bearded face while he slept on my couch. I didn't ditch him because he did these things, even though it was early on and I wasn't totally attached like I am now. Now that he is old and mostly blind and walks into things and barks at nothing for no reason sometimes, I'm not going to trade him for some other dog or get rid of him. Maybe now that's because I'm so attached and I find those things endearing.

So I guess what I'm saying is I've picked my team, I'm ready to stand by them, but just like a dog who pisses the floor, or humps a friend's face I'm going to tell them "NO" when they do something wrong/dumb. I'd do it to a puppy, and an old fart dog. I'll do it to NYCFC this season and every season after.

Does that make sense?

From a fans perspective I would rather have the rest of our fans question how the club operates, but still stand behind our club no matter what, than fans that leave when the going gets tough.

I think this sums it up pretty well ... just throwing in the analogy that popped into my head to maybe put it into perspective.

I think of it this way - the team is sort of a like a pet dog. I love my dog. He's 13 and the best dog ever. But ya know what when he was a puppy he peed everywhere and humped everything, even my friends bearded face while he slept on my couch. I didn't ditch him because he did these things, even though it was early on and I wasn't totally attached like I am now. Now that he is old and mostly blind and walks into things and barks at nothing for no reason sometimes, I'm not going to trade him for some other dog or get rid of him. Maybe now that's because I'm so attached and I find those things endearing.

So I guess what I'm saying is I've picked my team, I'm ready to stand by them, but just like a dog who pisses the floor, or humps a friend's face I'm going to tell them "NO" when they do something wrong/dumb. I'd do it to a puppy, and an old fart dog. I'll do it to NYCFC this season and every season after.

Does that make sense?

Yes it does, we don't have the luxury of choosing our teams normally it's passed from family to child. How do you lot over there cope when sports teams are moved from city to city? Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes a few years ago and it kicked up a right stink! They'd be mayhem if one of the traditional clubs in England even thought of moving to a different city!

I really don't want to get into this again, read the Frank Lampard thread for real insight on why we're pissed, but to make it plan and simple:

We're pissed at Lampard, MCFC and CFG because they all FUCKING LIED TO US. Period. End of discussion.

Reactions: Paul
Yes it does, we don't have the luxury of choosing our teams normally it's passed from family to child. How do you lot over there cope when sports teams are moved from city to city? Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes a few years ago and it kicked up a right stink! They'd be mayhem if one of the traditional clubs in England even thought of moving to a different city!
It's happened repeatedly here. Brooklyn Dodgers to Los Angeles & NY Giants to San Francisco were the first big examples in the US as sports expanded westward with the population. For many it turned them off the sport of baseball forever and took generations to overcome. It's become more common unfortunately

Reactions: Narrowback gal
I really don't want to get into this again, read the Frank Lampard thread for real insight on why we're pissed, but to make it plan and simple:

We're pissed at Lampard, MCFC and CFG because they all FUCKING LIED TO US. Period. End of discussion.

Frank Lampard is only part of the question. Without CFG NYCFC wouldn't exist so I find it difficult to understand the hate against them.

Frank Lampard is only part of the question. Without CFG NYCFC wouldn't exist so I find it difficult to understand the hate against them.

You'll never understand because you're an MCFC fan first. Not trying to offend in anyway, just stating a fact.

They lied to us, plain and simple, and none of them had the balls to apologize. Lampard is a coward. If he truly wanted to play here he would have stepped up and stopped all that nonsense. And while I do appreciate that MCFC helped make this team, it doesn't excuse them from treating us like a second rate team. On top of it, they barely played Lampard, which just made it all worse. After all this shit, I could careless about the connection NYCFC has with MCFC. This is coming from someone who initially supported the MCFC connection, and the similar home kit design. I was proud to have MCFC as an owner. Not anymore.

I love NYCFC. I will bleed for them. They're my team, and always will be, even if MCFC tries to undermine them. And as much as I can't stand Lampard, I will stand behind him once he wears the NYCFC jersey.

I've moved past Lampardgate, but I will never forget.

People need to understand the difference between highest bidder and only bidder, there was always going to be A team in New York city, CFG just paid the highest to get the shot to do it. People need to realize New Yorkers will always call you out on bullshit, and Lampard and CFG signed up for that, the moment they said they were coming.

Last edited:
It's happened repeatedly here. Brooklyn Dodgers to Los Angeles & NY Giants to San Francisco were the first big examples in the US as sports expanded westward with the population. For many it turned them off the sport of baseball forever and took generations to overcome. It's become more common unfortunately

Not good at all!

You'll never understand because you're an MCFC fan first. Not trying to offend in anyway, just stating a fact.

They lied to us, plain and simple, and none of them had the balls to apologize. Lampard is a coward. If he truly wanted to play here he would have stepped up and stopped all that nonsense. And while I do appreciate that MCFC helped make this team, it doesn't excuse them from treating us like a second rate team. On top of it, they barely played Lampard, which just made it all worse. After all this shit, I could careless about the connection NYCFC has with MCFC. This is coming from someone who initially supported the MCFC connection, and the similar home kit design. I was proud to have MCFC as an owner. Not anymore.

I love NYCFC. I will bleed for them. They're my team, and always will be, even if MCFC tries to undermine them. And as much as I can't stand Lampard, I will stand behind him once he wears the NYCFC jersey.

I've moved past Lampardgate, but I will never forget.

MCFC don't own NYCFC, the Shiek Mansour owns CFG which in turn owns the 3 'City' clubs.

People need to understand the difference between highest bidder and only bidder, there was always going to be A team in New York city, CFG just paid the highest to get the shot to do it. People need to realize New Yorkers will always call you out on bullshit, and Lampard and CFG signed up for that, the moment they said they were coming.

You need to understand that CFG are the best owners in the world, you'll be the best team in the MLS in the next 3 years, have the best stadium, best training facilities and best supporter facilities, mark my words