[title Edit By Mod] Another Tired Argument About Manchester City And Lampard - March 2015 Edition

I can assure you if you ever came to watch a City match over in Manchester with your NYCFC shirt on you would be made more than welcome, I'd even buy you a pint! Maybe the people who were giving you grief were New Yorkers? I'm not preaching just asking questions which seemed valid, after all that's what forums are about! I do consider myself as a NYCFC fan as well as a Manchester City fan and a Melbourne City fan. I rarely post on the BM football forum because it's full of football bores. But from day one of posting on here I didn't feel welcome, true I've made some comments but all in jest. But most are serious and I'm just interested in the club. Thought of coming off here but I want to find out more and interact. I regularly visit other European club's to watch games, Inter, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Anderlect to name a few.
You're more than welcome here. There are thousands of topics that don't concern MCFC. Trust me when I say if you find interest in some of them and interact with members there you'll feel much more welcome.
The more you put yourself in the shoes of a NYCFC supporter the more welcome you'll feel.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
I really don't want to get into this again, read the Frank Lampard thread for real insight on why we're pissed, but to make it plan and simple:

We're pissed at Lampard, MCFC and CFG because they all FUCKING LIED TO US. Period. End of discussion.
Would I be wrong to point out then that based on that NYCFC lied to us as well?

Grandma used to live in Cheadle Hulme before my grandad died, now she lives in Llandudno, as she tells me half of Cheshire does. It's because of her that I started supporting MCFC, she used to give me MCFC stuff for Christmas every year from the time I was a baby. Grandma on the other side lives in Congleton. I have a cousin in Macclesfield, and I'll be back there in a couple of weeks for his mum's funeral. I have an uncle who works in the GMP and has done match-day policing at both Manchester grounds. Most of my aunts and uncles have moved away but they all used to live there at some point. I even have a great-aunt who is a season ticket holder at the Etihad, in her 80s. I've been to Cheshire more times than I can count. Do you need me to draw you a map of the towns I can navigate my way around from memory?
Bet you 'darnt come to winsford in the dark !!
If your a proper city fan guess how I got stuck with city then ????

Last edited:
This thread has been moved to the debate desk. I've also taken the liberty of renaming the thread to something a little more descriptive of the actual content rather than "Serious Question".

You're more than welcome here. There are thousands of topics that don't concern MCFC. Trust me when I say if you find interest in some of them and interact with members there you'll feel much more welcome.
The more you put yourself in the shoes of a NYCFC supporter the more welcome you'll feel.

I won't hide/apologise for supporting City, you wouldn't expect that. But thanks for the welcome and will bear your advice in mind in the future. Cheers CTID

I won't hide/apologise for supporting City, you wouldn't expect that. But thanks for the welcome and will bear your advice in mind in the future. Cheers CTID
We're all supporters here. You are more than welcome to join in any and all of our discussions. Your opinion is valid and just as important as mine or anyone elses. However, this particular discussion is toxic and only serves to divide this community. You can be a proud City supporter, passion is always encouraged in all walks of life. I proudly support Norwegian Black Metal, I also proudly support my daughters love for Peppa Pig. These two things I'm passionate about are just as relevant to nycfcforums.com as your passion for Manchester City.

We're all supporters here. You are more than welcome to join in any and all of our discussions. Your opinion is valid and just as important as mine or anyone elses. However, this particular discussion is toxic and only serves to divide this community. You can be a proud City supporter, passion is always encouraged in all walks of life. I proudly support Norwegian Black Metal, I also proudly support my daughters love for Peppa Pig. These two things I'm passionate about are just as relevant to nycfcforums.com as your passion for Manchester City.

Peppa Pig is good, Norwegian Black Metal I'll pass on! Cheers CTID

Reactions: einwindir
Bet you 'darnt come to winsford in the dark !!
If your a proper city fan guess how I got stuck with city then ????

I don't have the energy to play "who's the bigger City fan", to be honest with you. As long as you were at York away, that's all I care about.

I don't have the energy to play "who's the bigger City fan", to be honest with you. As long as you were at York away, that's all I care about.
I thought you would of got it straight away the country cousins Alan oakes and Glyn pardoe are from winsford.my gran had a crush on Joe mercer when he was at arsenal and Alan was in my uncles class at school .so that was it doomed before I was born.
Didn't do York but did Crewe away tho

I thought you would of got it straight away the country cousins Alan oakes and Glyn pardoe are from winsford.my gran had a crush on Joe mercer when he was at arsenal and Alan was in my uncles class at school .so that was it doomed before I was born.
Didn't do York but did Crewe away tho

Ah, sorry. I know parts of Cheshire very well, but I live a long way away from there unfortunately. I have no knowledge of Winsford at all, so I had no idea about the Oakes/Pardoe connection. I wasn't sure what you were going for and ended up assuming you were going for the "you don't support City, you're born into it" line.

Ah, sorry. I know parts of Cheshire very well, but I live a long way away from there unfortunately. I have no knowledge of Winsford at all, so I had no idea about the Oakes/Pardoe connection. I wasn't sure what you were going for and ended up assuming you were going for the "you don't support City, you're born into it" line.
For a small town to have the record appearance holder and youngest ever player in the great sides of the late 60,s was something special.strangely enough I bumped into Alan in Asda the first time in 50 years of living in the town the other day,he's in his early 70,s now

Why exactly hasn't a peppa pig thread been started?

I personally dug the ballet lesson book - also peppa pig class trip ... dope!

Did you all know you can personalize a peppa pig book for your little one. For example you can have the story be about Peppa Pig coming to your child's birthday party.

I remember getting a book like that when I was a kid ... it didn't have any established characters and was pretty lame, and the other main character (not me) was always looking out of the pages over there shoulder - sort of like we were walking together like some castle wolfenstein doom first person story thing. Either way I thought it was cool.

You all should personalize some peppa pig books - www.peppapigandme.com

Reactions: einwindir
Why exactly hasn't a peppa pig thread been started?

I personally dug the ballet lesson book - also peppa pig class trip ... dope!

Did you all know you can personalize a peppa pig book for your little one. For example you can have the story be about Peppa Pig coming to your child's birthday party.

I remember getting a book like that when I was a kid ... it didn't have any established characters and was pretty lame, and the other main character (not me) was always looking out of the pages over there shoulder - sort of like we were walking together like some castle wolfenstein doom first person story thing. Either way I thought it was cool.

You all should personalize some peppa pig books - www.peppapigandme.com
This is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for the link!