Tony Meloa To Join Yes Network?

He also broadcast the Orlando game on FS1, and he was the one who getting Mena and Facey confused all game

Reactions: Kjbert
The team that a broadcaster played for doesn't matter. Several players wound up broadcasting for a rival team: Tom Seaver was excellent in the Yankee booth; Don Drysdale did the Angels for several years; Mark Jackson had a good run in the Nets' TV booth.

Meola should be judged solely on whether he is a good analyst, not on what team he played for. And, based on the only game that I saw with him in the booth, I didn't think he did a good job.

Okay, regardless of the Red Bull fact, he wasn't a good analyst. Not a good tv presence.

The important thing to remember here is that Tony Meola, as far as I can tell, works for FOX. He's not one of those freelance soccer presenters like Brian Dunseth and Stuart Holden who work for FOX one minute and ESPN the next.

Remember that YES is a FOX network; so none of this should be much of a surprise.

The team that a broadcaster played for doesn't matter. Several players wound up broadcasting for a rival team: Tom Seaver was excellent in the Yankee booth; Don Drysdale did the Angels for several years; Mark Jackson had a good run in the Nets' TV booth.

Meola should be judged solely on whether he is a good analyst, not on what team he played for. And, based on the only game that I saw with him in the booth, I didn't think he did a good job.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. Who he played for doesn't matter. The only thing I'm not quite with you on is that I thought he did a pretty good job for the two matches I watched where he was the analyst.

Reactions: Kjbert