Traveling Supporters - Flying In - Role Call

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
So I'll definitely be flying in for the home opener. Also a few other games during the season.
Who else will be making the trip? I think it would be great to plan hotel together. Everyone go to the same one so we save money. Even if possible double up on room (double queen beds) to save more $$ and so on. I'm sure if we have a large group we can get a discount or something.

I should be there. It would be good to do something like this as this will be my first time outside of Europe and while I can identify a dodgy European hotel I'm not so sure how to spot dodgy US ones. Just so long as the hotel is affordable, of course.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't mind sharing a room to make it more affordable for the both of us. We're you looking at an extended stay or just a few days?

Just a few days, most likely. I don't have a ton of money to splash and I can probably only book a week off work as I have other plans for later in the year. Let's see how many others are going before developing plans

One bit of advice - if you're looking to save money, I would look into staying in either Brooklyn or Queens. Or you can check out AirBnB. I've never used AirBnB but it will certainly be cheaper than staying at a Hilton or any other hotel.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I can say that the Hilton is almost certainly out of my price range, unless I decide to cut my stay down to 3-4 nights tops.

While I am not flying in, I do live quite a bit away. I'll be staying either in Stamford or just over the "pond" in Jersey, depending on hotel rates. I have had a lot of success using Priceline name your own price feature. I often end up at the Hilton in Greenwhich for $50/nt + parking! It's not the best way to book a room, but if your not a picky person and you just want a clean room, it works well if you know how to use it.

Reactions: Section1Guy
Since the third rail has over a 1000 members and this website has a lot of members, we could create a sort of "human hotel'.
We could have a thread that sets up out-of-towners with places to stay in the city.
It would save supporters a lot of money and also create a closer bond between supporters.

I'll be staying for 5 nights as well more than likely. I was hoping to stay near a central Park just so I'm close to sights and whatnot.

4 413Blue Good stuff. I'm a Priceline till I die guy. I use it everywhere for everything and stay at hotels for more than half off all the time. It's great. White Plains is a great place to Priceline. There's only a couple hotels they can stick it in. They're all 3.5 star business hotels and instead of paying 219 a night, you pay 60. Easy train ride to Yankee Stadium or Manhattan.

If you want to see Central Park, good luck not parting with less than 300 a night.

Yeah I already looked a few I liked and they're around $250 (Park Lane). I'm not sweating the $$$ as my game tickets are paid for and as it will be the first time in NYC I've been saving for a while and want to experience a lot of what the city has to offer.

Also check out VRBO just found a few 3 bedrooms in east harlem for under $200 a night. I rent my house in Lake Placid on this site and used it to rent a place in Rome last year. Two bedrooms 2 alleys from the pantheon $1400 for a week, great deal. Also when we have visitors that have never to the city I always take them on a walk over the brooklyn bridge.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Look up The Franklin.
it's a small boutique hotel on the upper east side Manhattan, one block from the subway to the Stadium, a few blocks from Central Park and Museums. I checked a few dates in March and small rooms are available under 200 per night.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
View attachment 689 Let's do it! Can't wait to see NYCFC here in Charleston, SC in the pre-season. The annual "Carolina Challenge Cup" always involves our home team, the CHARLESTON BATTERY, with 3 MLS sides in a round robin tournament over a week in February. In addition to NYCFC, Charleston will host MLS newcomer Orlando City FC, and the Houston Dynamo in 2015. I hope many new NYCFC Supporters will make the trip to Charleston (there are certainly many worse places to visit!). If you attend, please stop by & say hello - I'll be the guy with the white beard sitting with my family in the front row, immediately behind the Charleston Battery home bench.

Best wishes to all - Don Hill

View attachment 689 Let's do it! Can't wait to see NYCFC here in Charleston, SC in the pre-season. The annual "Carolina Challenge Cup" always involves our home team, the CHARLESTON BATTERY, with 3 MLS sides in a round robin tournament over a week in February. In addition to NYCFC, Charleston will host MLS newcomer Orlando City FC, and the Houston Dynamo in 2015. I hope many new NYCFC Supporters will make the trip to Charleston (there are certainly many worse places to visit!). If you attend, please stop by & say hello - I'll be the guy with the white beard sitting with my family in the front row, immediately behind the Charleston Battery home bench.

Best wishes to all - Don Hill
A couple of us do plan on coming down/up. Very excited to make the trip and we've been speaking with some club reps about accommodations and so on.