Vancouver - Postmatch

giphy.gif

Can he also take our penalties?

Live Maxi,but I don’t love his penalty shots. Seems like he tends to go down middle since early missed penalties.

We have so many better penalty takers on the team than Maxi. I can’t believe he’s that big a diva to demand them, especially when he’s not even judged by how many goals he scores.

Reactions: Kjbert
We don’t know it, but if a forward (and we have a lot of them) isn’t good at penalties, which is scoring in its most basic form, then he’s mispositioned....
So the theory is either we have multiple forwards who are good at penalties, but none of them or the coach ever challenge Maxi, at least not that we know, because of respect or whatever, or that Héber and Taty should not be forwards.

ETA: My theory is a forward who can take penalties and doesn't fight for it shouldn't be taking penalties.
Also, I'm not happy with Maxi taking penalties, but I have my doubts about a better alternative.

Last edited:
So the theory is either we have multiple forwards who are good at penalties, but none of them or the coach ever challenge Maxi, at least not that we know, because of respect or whatever, or that Heber and Taty should not be forwards.

ETA: My theeory is a forward who can take penalties and doesn't fight for it shouldn't be taking penalties.
Also, I'm not happy with Maxi taking penalties, but I have my doubts about a better alternative.
I would be very surprised if natural scorers like Heber and Taty are worse at PKs than Maxi. Maxi is god awful with his PK record this season. That’s definitely either a coaches decision or player rank being pulled. And as the New Guy and the Young Guy, it doesn’t matter how ball hungry they are when locker room dynamics are at play.

At the professional level, hitting a penalty as hard as you can is still probably your best bet. Keepers being able to react to a well struck ball regardless of where it is is relatively rare. Pick a side and let it rip. I've seen enough inside of the foot dribblers that keepers have time to react to on the ground from this team to hopefully never see them again.

Reactions: Jock and gbservis