Westworld

I disagree, season 4 has been great and I enjoy the different avenues they're explored throughout the seasons. All of their big events, reveals, etc. all feel earned. It's still compelling and through-provoking.

like...?

And your answer better include Barry haha

Shows currently airing:

Barry. Third season completed recently and a fourth is planned. Easy to catch up on past seasons as episodes are 25-35 minutes in length with ten or so episodes per season. Dark comedy - if that is in your wheelhouse, watch it.

The Bear. First season completed this year with a second planned. A dramedy in all the sense of that portmonteau. I would have been fine with the single season as I thought it was a perfect story arc - but I'll be on board for the second.

Abbott Elementary. A classic network sitcom. Thirty minutes of characters put in comedic situations. If you have any roots in NBC's Must See TV, you will appreciate this show.

Better Call Saul. First, if you haven't watched Breaking Bad, put that at the top of any list. Greatest television show, ever - acting, plot, cinematography, everything. A drama, but that may be too limiting a descriptor. Saul as a prequel series had every chance to fail and be a money grab, yet it is as good (and some say...better?) than Breaking Bad. The final season is airing now, and the past two episodes might have been its two best. The show (and its predecessor) are slow burns that are meticulously crafted, with callbacks to earier episodes and seasons. Not worth watching if you plan to double screen and scroll social media while it's on. But, man, it is so worth putting the phone away for an hour (or ten).

If you want a single season show that was one and done, Station Eleven was a wonderful and poignant character drama. I thought it was better than the book.

Finally, if science fiction is one's interest, I personally thought Severance was better than any season of Westworld (acknowledging I haven't watched the latest season...and likely won't). It is an odd show and not one I would recommend to everyone (as I might the above), but I suspect most people will know early if it is for them or not.

Shows currently airing:

Barry. Third season completed recently and a fourth is planned. Easy to catch up on past seasons as episodes are 25-35 minutes in length with ten or so episodes per season. Dark comedy - if that is in your wheelhouse, watch it.

The Bear. First season completed this year with a second planned. A dramedy in all the sense of that portmonteau. I would have been fine with the single season as I thought it was a perfect story arc - but I'll be on board for the second.

Abbott Elementary. A classic network sitcom. Thirty minutes of characters put in comedic situations. If you have any roots in NBC's Must See TV, you will appreciate this show.

Better Call Saul. First, if you haven't watched Breaking Bad, put that at the top of any list. Greatest television show, ever - acting, plot, cinematography, everything. A drama, but that may be too limiting a descriptor. Saul as a prequel series had every chance to fail and be a money grab, yet it is as good (and some say...better?) than Breaking Bad. The final season is airing now, and the past two episodes might have been its two best. The show (and its predecessor) are slow burns that are meticulously crafted, with callbacks to earier episodes and seasons. Not worth watching if you plan to double screen and scroll social media while it's on. But, man, it is so worth putting the phone away for an hour (or ten).

If you want a single season show that was one and done, Station Eleven was a wonderful and poignant character drama. I thought it was better than the book.

Finally, if science fiction is one's interest, I personally thought Severance was better than any season of Westworld (acknowledging I haven't watched the latest season...and likely won't). It is an odd show and not one I would recommend to everyone (as I might the above), but I suspect most people will know early if it is for them or not.
Don't know much about your first few shows as I haven't seen them, but I will immediately support your love of Severance. Awesome show and story.

Shows currently airing:

Nice! +1 for Barry and Better Call Saul. Just started Severance this week, actually. I would add Atlanta to the list in terms of the better shows I've watched this year.

Reactions: Schwallacus