What A Night! Great Game Great People

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Wow I don't know where to start. Party began at 1 at The Dugout and didn't end till 30 minutes ago.

Everyone was awesome. People were chanting before the game and I must say the March was pretty awesome. Thanks to Third Rail, Brown Bag, Bronx, HoO and everyone else that contributed to that.
I sat on the opposite side of Third Rail and saw the Tifo which was great.
One thing I will take away is that even on the other side of the stadium far away from the SG's there were supporters standing and singing. We really couldn't hear TR besides a few moments. Not because they weren't loud but because the sound just didn't travel well. We were close to the away support and even they were muffled.
But on our side people still stood when the action was close to goal and chanted as well.
Hung out with my guys from BBSC most of the night. Thanks to Michael. Mellamphy Michael. Mellamphy as well!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Haha seriously. Wish I was in supporter sectioned bundled up with other supporters. Front row field level with spacious seats was not ideal for that weather. Wind destroyed me.
Front row, 200 level. I feel you.

Reactions: Gene
Yeah, I was front row 200 level too, and it was way cold. I could handle it, but the two 7-year-olds in my group could not.

It was a terrific atmosphere. I couldn't hear the 3rd rail either, but I was far away, and we were making a lot of noise ourselves, so it's all good. I could tell they were doing great, and seeing them and everyone else hold up their scarves at game open was a singular moment.

Had a great time. Like everyone else the cold was about the only negative. Felt the same as when went a to a couple of matches in England in November. I will admit with only moderate shame that I bought a bottle of pepsi and that my hands were so cold ,dry ,and chapped I could not manage to get it open and had to go back to the vendor to ask them to do it for me. lol.

Reactions: roxfontaine
Dan. Thank you so much mate for organizing and coordinating this weekend. It was a joy to meet so many fellow MLS fans this weekend. I've been dying for this weekend to come forever just to cheer on NYCFC. But because of you and all the supporters groups and fans that get together here on the forums I was able to be a part of it too. My little pub is NYCFC PROUD. Were very lucky at Ryan's Daughter to have met such wonderful fans. We will always be NYCFC. No matter who else you support. You have a home here. Shepherds pie wings and all. Thank you. Mick