Where Wold You Like To Nyc Build It's Main Grounds?

franchise646

Registered
Oct 31, 2014
In what part of the City or NYC suburb would you like to see NYC build it's version of CFA and Why?

I think he means CITY FOOTBALL ACADEMY.

I would say the CFA should be centralised (In Manchester).... no disrespect to NYCFC but the players will be HG for MCFC purposes, Home grown (CFG) for NYCFC purposes, and still American (if applicable) for MLS purposes

ohhh ok. the CFA should be in east queens. its accessible by LIRR while also having alot of room

I think he means CITY FOOTBALL ACADEMY.

I would say the CFA should be centralised (In Manchester).... no disrespect to NYCFC but the players will be HG for MCFC purposes, Home grown (CFG) for NYCFC purposes, and still American (if applicable) for MLS purposes

it make no sense for an American team to have there main training center and academy in England. No offense but that would be unbelievably stupid.

yeah lots of room in queens but there are lots of NIMBYs (not in my backyard) in queens. Including the Mets.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
It's almost been confirmed that NYCFC will have its own academy in New York City (or the surrounding area). There may be the odd player moving between academies as befits their potential, but they aren't just going to send all of the players to Manchester. Besides, it would make no sense to do so. MLS has specific rules protecting your "rights" over a player who has come through your academy - they get several years of exemption from selection in Expansion Drafts, for example - and you can bet that MLS would not recognise MCFC's academy as a NYCFC academy, so you would be throwing away your protection.