White Supremacists In Supporter Section

Nazis should be banned from the stadium. 100%. It's not even a question in my mind.

My problem is that if it's true they haven't done anything wrong inside the stadium, I understand why and how the team has had an issue with this. You can't ban someone for their political beliefs, even beliefs as abhorrent as these people have. Unfortunately we live in a litigious, reactive society.

Why not?

Reactions: barnburner13
Are we a secular society? You sure about that homeboy?
We are literally
Like most people in this country, you don’t understand that the First Amendment protects Americans’ speech from the Government.

The proof that we are not a secular society is that the Easter Bunny is setting up shop at the Westchester this week.

We are the literal definition of a secular country lol
That Easter bunny setting up shop is more a display of capitalism but okay.
I fully understand that point, but it really has no bearing at all on what we’re talking about

Reactions: Marito
Actually...

Thanks for the judgement. In fact, yes I do put on a kippa or a hat and wear one at all times. I'm not so good with tzitis. I put in Teffilin daily. I do daven 3 times a day, and with a minyan most the time. I make Brachas before everything I eat, and say birkat hamazon after every meal. I fast way more than 2 times a year. and I don't drive on Shabbos or attend matches in Shabbos. But I do attend matches on other days. So is it still a choice achi? My only real choice is to wear a hat instead of a kippa, but again why should I hide who I normally am for some Nazi poser?
Why should a nazi poser be kicked out of a stadium for your religious beliefs?

Reactions: Marito
We are literally

We are the literal definition of a secular country lol
That Easter bunny setting up shop is more a display of capitalism but okay.
I fully understand that point, but it really has no bearing at all on what we’re talking about

I’m just going down your rabbit hole. We celebrate the Christmas and Easter seasons.

The original thread here was whether or not a private soccer club should have an opinion on allowing Nazis into their baseball stadium.

Your argument is that the Nazis are protected by First Amendment rights. I’m telling you that you’re wrong because First Amendment rights are guaranteed between a citizen and the government. They are not guaranteed between a citizen and private enterprise.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Why should a nazi poser be kicked out of a stadium for your religious beliefs?

For about 40 reasons. The first two are 1) Nazis want to punish and harm non Aryans and 2) they’re fucking bad business.

Because we live in a litigious, reactive society.

I mean I guess you could -- NYCFC is a private company and the constitution only protect you from persecution by the government. I'm just not sure it would hold up in court if these people sue.

Let’s see them sue then. Seriously. Fuck these guys.

Nycfc is owned by a fanatical, religiously bigoted autocrat 5,000 miles away. Use this as an opportunity to take a stand

I’m just going down your rabbit hole. We celebrate the Christmas and Easter seasons.

The original thread here was whether or not a private soccer club should have an opinion on allowing Nazis into their baseball stadium.

Your argument is that the Nazis are protected by First Amendment rights. I’m telling you that you’re wrong because First Amendment rights are guaranteed between a citizen and the government. They are not guaranteed between a citizen and private enterprise.
No my argument had nothing to do with first amendment rights, my argument was that the first amendment is why we are a secular country. Which is why wearing a kippa vs a political affiliation hat are both choices. Had nothing to do with the first amendment guaranteeing not getting tossed out of YS, never once did I make that argument.

No my argument had nothing to do with first amendment rights, my argument was that the first amendment is why we are a secular country. Which is why wearing a kippa vs a political affiliation hat are both choices. Had nothing to do with the first amendment guaranteeing not getting tossed out of YS, never once did I make that argument.

I have no clue what a Kippa is, but if you can’t see the difference between a religious item rooted in 5,000 years of Jewish tradition and a red hat made in China 5 years ago, you’re a lost cause.

Reactions: adam and ZYanksRule
Let’s see them sue then. Seriously. Fuck these guys.

Nycfc is owned by a fanatical, religiously bigoted autocrat 5,000 miles away. Use this as an opportunity to take a stand

Fine. That's fine with me. I'd be thrilled to see NYCFC ban these assholes. You're right that they should take a stand.

I believe that Huffington Post article talked about how other teams have dealt with similar situations. Is there any precedent for an MLS team dealing with something like this?

Reactions: Kjbert
For about 40 reasons. The first two are 1) Nazis want to punish and harm non Aryans and 2) they’re fucking bad business.
If it’s 2, then you have a point. 1), you cannot be sitting on a moral high ground yet want to toss out someone for something he has not yet done or may believe in without it directly affecting you yet. If he does something fine, but if not, you’re gonna toss him out on what, conjecture that he may do something at some point? Odds are he’s been here five years and nothing has happened. Why now?

Fine. That's fine with me. I'd be thrilled to see NYCFC ban these assholes. You're right that they should take a stand.

I believe that Huffington Post article talked about how other teams have dealt with similar situations. Is there any precedent for an MLS team dealing with something like this?

That’s a great question. Garber seemed to think this was a team y team issue (what a pussy). I’d be interested in knowing that answer too.

Someone had a good suggestion that you should punish the supporter groups if they can’t police themselves. I agree. Supporter Groups get special access that the rest of us don’t. Take away their perks

If it’s 2, then you have a point. 1), you cannot be sitting on a moral high ground yet want to toss out someone for something he has not yet done or may believe in without it directly affecting you yet. If he does something fine, but if not, you’re gonna toss him out on what, conjecture that he may do something at some point? Odds are he’s been here five years and nothing has happened. Why now?

The dudes literally committed a hate crime in October. Was that not a “something”

Reactions: joe

Why now? Because NYCFC now has proof that he is who he is. I'll take their word for it that they were unaware of this prior to last October when the first article was written. Now they know, so now they should take action.

Reactions: Kjbert
Says the guy sticking up for Nazis.
I’m not sticking up for nazis, my family was just as affected by the 30s and 40s as any other in Poland and Germany. And modern nazis are not even close to the nazis of back then. I’m sticking up for a personal belief.

That’s a great question. Garber seemed to think this was a team y team issue (what a pussy). I’d be interested in knowing that answer too.

Someone had a good suggestion that you should punish the supporter groups if they can’t police themselves. I agree. Supporter Groups get special access that the rest of us don’t. Take away their perks

That's what I said upthread. These people at the very least should have their supporters' section rights revoked; their rights to cheap away tickets revoked, they should get no special privileges. And any supporters group that harbors them should no longer be sanctioned by the team. That is the bare minimum the team should do.

The dudes literally committed a hate crime in October. Was that not a “something”
Proof? You saying it doesn’t make it any more true. A lot of these proud boys stories were disproven after airing in the media so you just saying that is nothing more than heresay as of now

Reactions: Christopher Jee