White Supremacists In Supporter Section

Don’t get too excited. He’s confused about who is a neo-nazi or an apologist.

Normally, I'd just block you and move on but today I have time:

You can have this goofy shit. This man is talking from a place that I understand. You probably do too but you CHOOSE to insult his intelligence and belittle his experience instead. Why is that? In a conversation about inclusion, why are you so dismissive of a long time member of these forums? Is this too a "slippery slope"?

Normally, I'd just block you and move on but today I have time:

You can have this goofy shit. This man is talking from a place that I understand. You probably do too but you CHOOSE to insult his intelligence and belittle his experience instead. Why is that? In a conversation about inclusion, why are you so dismissive of a long time member of these forums? Is this too a "slippery slope"?

Calling someone a neo- nazi or an apologist is a extremely serious accusation that was totally unfounded and logically fallacious. Nobody here defended white supremacy, neo-nazi’s, their ignorance or has any interest in advancing their agenda... including me who is also Jewish (yes, I am.). His race, experience or memebership on this forum doesn’t make his name calling valid. Where is your condemnation of him?

Calling someone a neo- nazi or an apologist is a extremely serious accusation that was totally unfounded and logically fallacious. Nobody here defended white supremacy, neo-nazi’s, their ignorance or has any interest in advancing their agenda... including me who is also Jewish (yes, I am.). His race, experience or memebership on this forum doesn’t make his name calling valid. Where is your condemnation of him?

I won't be condemning him for this reason:

I understand his level of discomfort with all of this. It's that simple. The greatest offense is not him declaring that he can't play devil's advocate in this conversation.

I understand his level of discomfort with all of this. It's that simple. The greatest offense is not him declaring that he can't play devil's advocate in this conversation.

All Of us are uncomfortable about it. Including myself who he called a Neo nazi apologist, but you’re sating you’re okay with that.

ETA: I am also a long-standing member of this forum

No. His greatest offense is calling people that disagree with neo-nazi’s who clearly aren’t. You may be ok with that because of his experience. I’m not ok with it because of mine.

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack

I understand his level of discomfort, too. It just doesn't make it easy to have a reasonable discussion about this when people stop discussing what people actually say and start creating side debates about misinterpretations of what they say.

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack
All Of us are uncomfortable about it. Including myself who he called a Neo nazi apologist, but you’re sating you’re okay with that.

No. His greatest offense is calling people that disagree with neo-nazi’s who clearly aren’t. You may be ok with that because of his experience. I’m not ok with it because of mine.

Yes. I am OK with that. You say you are not a Neo Nazi apologist. That is what I will take from the conversation. I don't need to meta myself to death.

Since both of you are experts on logical fallacies, you should know that whataboutism is a long time propaganda technique perfected by the Soviet Union that is used to bring up a subject in order to deflect attention from another.

We are talking about fascists right now. When you produce evidence that there are violent groups with members in our supporter section, we can talk about it. However, right now you are trying to distract everyone. You did this trying to tell everyone that antifa was going to show up and start fights. You are doing this with a bullshit sidebar on Alec Baldwin.

Since both of you are experts on logical fallacies, you should know that whataboutism is a long time propaganda technique perfected by the Soviet Union that is used to bring up a subject in order to deflect attention from another.

We are talking about fascists right now. When you produce evidence that there are violent groups with members in our supporter section, we can talk about it. However, right now you are trying to distract everyone. You did this trying to tell everyone that antifa was going to show up and start fights. You are doing this with a bullshit sidebar on Alec Baldwin.

Except that we both agreed that we should keep violent fascists out. I’m not sure what you think we’re distracting from. That being established, we don’t think it should be limited to any particular group. And i raised anti-fa as an example because if I remember correctly, they were spotted in the stadium previously and many of the same people defended anti-fa’s presence at that time too.

But in fairness, I don’t know if they’ve been in the stadium recently.

As for Alex Baldwin, it wasn’t an attempt to distract. It was meant to highlight the hypocrisy of some who claim want to keep violence out of the stadium but really, it’s fascists they want to keep out. And by fascists, I don’t mean only white-supremicists. I tried to make that point in an earlier post.

EDIT- “fascists” get thrown around loosely here. To some, anyone that’s not liberal is a fascist and that’s the problem i have with it.

Ok.... so violence committed by nonhate groups is ok. Got it
I think there’s a big difference with someone losing their temper and reacting violently and someone/group of people committing premeditated acts of violence.
I’ve done the first (as a teenager) never the second. People are more apt to forgive and forget the first and condemn the second.

I think there’s a big difference with someone losing their temper and reacting violently and someone/group of people committing premeditated acts of violence.
I’ve done the first (as a teenager) never the second. People are more apt to forgive and forget the first and condemn the second.

I’m referring more to violent political groups like anti-fa, te al.

Your point is well taken.