White Supremacists In Supporter Section

What I think the MLS clubs should do is go to each and every supporter and take a survey on their political stance/views so they know who to kick out. for example
NYCFC rep: "hello there sir/madam (must be expressed because we do not want to make these transgenders feel some type of way) are you a fascist, republican, democrat, green or other?
NYCFC Fan: "fascist"
NYCFC rep: "please don't come back you scum fuck."
NYCFC Fascist fan: "*beats the shit out of the guy*"
NYCFC rep: "that wasn't very nice"

These are the types of tests and challenges we endure for living in a liberal, free, open society. Life in a free country isn’t easy. Our country and the American culture is based on freedom. Freedom to express our religious views in public without mistreatment or harassment. Freedom to express our political views without mistreatment or harassment. Some of these opinions are held by most people. Teamwork, compassion, respect for others.

But other people don’t agree. These minority opinions are distasteful and repugnant to the majority. Some people think that the ‘white race’ is superior and everyone else is scum. Other people think the ‘black race’ is superior and everyone else is scum. But in a liberal, free, open society these people are allowed to have their opinions... as long as they do not violate the rights of others.

That is where it gets slippery. Everyone has a different opinion on what constitutes violating someone else’s rights. But whatever standard is set, must be applied to all situations. Consistency is very important. If someone has a tattoo that says ‘white power’, should they be banned from the stadium? If someone has a tattoo that says ‘black power’, should they be banned from the stadium? The answer needs to be the same. It’s not uncommon that Donald Trump and his supporters are referred to as racists. Should someone wearing a MAGA hat, or a shirt that says ‘Trump’ be banned from the stadium? Should someone wearing a Bernie hat or someone wearing an antifa shirt be banned from the stadium? My answer to all of these scenarios is ’no’

Are they doing Nazi salutes? Are they chanting things racist or anti-semetic? Get it on video, take pictures, get audio. Show it to the club, plaster it on social media. Right now there are reports, stories, innuendo, rumor. Show the world that these people are actively making it a hostile environment. That’s where you will win over the club and league.

I mean I’m sure there are Arabs that believe my Star of David is a hate symbol. Maybe even some Catholics who follow Mel Gibson’s thought process. Safety falls to security, that is why they are there.

Let me know when the Star of David is coopted by people that want to commit genocide and wipe out an entire religion.

If you know the torah so well, let's play this out: You and I agree, the best thing to do is not where my kippa in the SS. But an alternate option for me that lets me keep my kippa on and stay safe is not sit in the SS. Then the torah tells me to stay away from the SS so I'm not forced to perform an aveirah. Now I don't have a choice, do I?

(Actually I do, I can just wear the hat in my avatar (which I usually do anyway) and unless the Nazis are reading these forums, I'll be pretty safe. I'll just feel cheapened because I didn't stand up to them and wear the kippa to show I'm not afraid.)

You also have the option to wear it regardless, and trust security enough to know nothing will happen; and in the chance it does, so be it. You’re just as much at risk in the SS as you are anywhere else outside your home

Let me know when the Star of David is coopted by people that want to commit genocide and wipe out an entire religion.

I think what he's trying to say there is if I took a big Israeli flag and started waving it in the SS, there will be people who will feel angry and offended. Lots of people hate Israel, I personally believe for the wrong reasons, but that's their opinion. And unless they want to debate me, it's theirs to have. Unless an Israeli is playing, I don't see a reason to bring the flag anymore, because unlike an Italian flag, or a Honduran flag, waving an Israeli flag (with the star of David) elicits a lot of negative reaction.

I think what he's trying to say there is if I took a big Israeli flag and started waving it in the SS, there will be people who will feel angry and offended. Lots of people hate Israel, I personally believe for the wrong reasons, but that's their opinion. And unless they want to debate me, it's theirs to have. Unless an Israeli is playing, I don't see a reason to bring the flag anymore, because unlike an Italian flag, or a Honduran flag, waving an Israeli flag (with the star of David) elicits a lot of negative reaction.

I have issues with Israel. That flag is a political symbol.

My cross and your star are religious symbols.

Reactions: adam
people should not be getting preferential treatment because their family was in the Holocaust 100 years ago or had family members that were slaves

people should not be getting preferential treatment because their family was in the Holocaust 100 years ago or had family members that were slaves

The Holocaust occurred through 1945. Pogroms happened into the 1950s.

Reactions: adam and JohnB
The Torah teaches us that you can break any rule, ANY RULE in it for your own safety (Bikuach Nefesh). Of course I can take it off, and have done so when I've felt I may be in danger for wearing it. But there's a shame that comes with that too. I'm not going to lower myself to that point for these people here. And I shouldn't be asked to. Again, I'll just sit somewhere else and not worry. And again, it really sucks I have to. But I'm not making this into a personal battle, just stating how it's created an atmosphere where I'm better off keeping my distance unless I want to hide who I am because I don't consider it a little thing to take it off.
Kippas aren’t required halachikally at all. Never mentioned in Shebechtav or Shebaalpeh (probably not how you spell it but that doesn’t matter). It just became required as Jews have always worn it so it’s really not the biggest deal to keep your head exposed. Anyways this is just the former Orthodox Jew in me wanting to point out some technicalities. I agree that other people’s choices shouldn’t effect other people’s freedoms or else they’re horrible choices.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
I have issues with Israel. That flag is a political symbol.

My cross and your star are religious symbols.
It could be argued that many Jews see the state of Israel as a religious state. The land is given to them by God. So if you have issues with Israel, you have issues with the Jewish people. Therefore it could be argued that you are anti-Semetic.

Do I think you have any problems with Jewish people? No way! Not even for a second. But do you see how easily something can be spun? These lines must be drawn very carefully.