White Supremacists In Supporter Section

This thread could be the subject of a Doctoral thesis on logical and argumentative fallacies. Also a fair amount of, “I’m not a puppet, you’re a puppet,” responses.

I can’t even get involved because one side of the debate features the double whammy of poorly arguing poorly constructed arguments.

every friend i have thats in SC cant stand any of those people. It is a constant discussion at any NYCFC related event, how they dont want to be around them. But because u read one article that says otherwise anyone related to SC is clearly a nazi or at least friends with nazis. fuck it lets extend that farther... anyone in the supporters section must clearly be okay with them being there... fuck it lets extend it farther anyone that supports NYCFC must be okay with them.... shall i keep going? whole MLS? whole world?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
every friend i have thats in SC cant stand any of those people. It is a constant discussion at any NYCFC related event, how they dont want to be around them. But because u read one article that says otherwise anyone related to SC is clearly a nazi or at least friends with nazis. fuck it lets extend that farther... anyone in the supporters section must clearly be okay with them being there... fuck it lets extend it farther anyone that supports NYCFC must be okay with them.... shall i keep going? whole MLS? whole world?
KJ — you should give your friends the same advice my 10th grade geometry teacher gave me when I complained that the people around me were getting me in trouble:

It’s easier to change your neighborhood than your neighbors.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
KJ — you should give your friends the same advice my 10th grade geometry teacher gave me when I complained that the people around me were getting me in trouble:

so the whole supporters section should leave because of literally 2-3 unwanted people that stand in it? and as far as i know none of those 2-3 members are actually a part of those supporters groups.

Reactions: dkalev2
If that’s the thought then all they have to do is what they’ve been asked to do, publicly condemn them.
According to their twitter they haven’t even acknowledged the article or NYCFC’s response to it.
They’re just pretending it doesn’t exists. Which is contrary to your response, that members don’t want to be associated with them.

If that’s the thought then all they have to do is what they’ve been asked to do, publicly condemn them.
According to their twitter they haven’t even acknowledged the article or NYCFC’s response to it.
They’re just pretending it doesn’t exists.
afaik i know NYCFC told them not to respond. But like i said im not in any of those supporters groups and cant confirm or deny that

so the whole supporters section should leave because of literally 2-3 unwanted people that stand in it? and as far as i know none of those 2-3 members are actually a part of those supporters groups.
Not leave the stadium or the section, the supporters group.

If you are a member of a group that tolerates other members that behave in a certain way, you are implicitly condoning that behavior. If you can’t get rid of those members (changing your neighbor) than it’s time to find a new supporters group.

Not leave the stadium or the section, the supporters group.

If you are a member of a group that tolerates other members that behave in a certain way, you are implicitly condoning that behavior. If you can’t get rid of those members (changing your neighbor) than it’s time to find a new supporters group.
once again this is just an AFAIK, but they arent condoning it. There may be a couple members who are okay with them but as a whole they dont. The supporters group itself is mostly minorities. To think they support something like that is absurd. And i cant say for certain but SC is also probably the current largest supporters group. Not sure if its surpassed third rail or not yet. Thats like asking a catholic to no longer be catholic because a couple priests did some shitty shit.

Dude. Chill out. No one is saying that. We’re saying the SC should police itself. Especially if you can’t stand those guys.

Heres the statement from NYC12 after that Huffpost incorrectly used some of their members in their pictures. Or you can continue to take that article 100 percent at its face.

D0r_5OtWwAEqGvQ.jpg

Heres the statement from NYC12 after that Huffpost incorrectly used some of their members in their pictures. Or you can continue to take that article 100 percent at its face.

D0r_5OtWwAEqGvQ.jpg

This could be the only relevant photo they are taking about. The caption reads, "Four sections at Yankee Stadium are reserved for New York City Football Club supporters groups. Some of the team’s most loyal fans say the far-right has infected their ranks."

I don't think NYC12 is part of NYCSC but that last line just ruins any professionalism with their statement.

5c76df8e2000009d036eafd9.jpeg

“Easier to change your neighborhood than your neighbors”
Can easily apply to anyone feeling threatened in the SS. Just move

This thread could be the subject of a Doctoral thesis on logical and argumentative fallacies. Also a fair amount of, “I’m not a puppet, you’re a puppet,” responses.

I can’t even get involved because one side of the debate features the double whammy of poorly arguing poorly constructed arguments.
Judging by the likes I can assume which side of the fence you’re on in this matter

This could be the only relevant photo they are taking about. The caption reads, "Four sections at Yankee Stadium are reserved for New York City Football Club supporters groups. Some of the team’s most loyal fans say the far-right has infected their ranks."

I don't think NYC12 is part of NYCSC but that last line just ruins any professionalism with their statement.

5c76df8e2000009d036eafd9.jpeg

Things were going great until that last line lol.

I don’t see why each group just can’t come out and say “we hate Nazis yada yada. We’re working with the club to ensure tolerance yada yada. Nycfc is an inclusive club yada yada.”

Even if it’s hollow, that’s the response.

A similar analogy would be why are there white supremacists are Nazis living in New York City? The most diverse city in the world. There are racists everywhere. In every city, in every group, in every country.

I don't think that analogy is solid. People are born in cities, have family ties and support networks in cities. Therefore, they tend to remain in those cities. Nobody is born affiliated to a 4 year old soccer club with the obligation to sit in a specific section of the club's stadium that is noticeably populated by Latinos and where at least 50% of the chants are in Spanish. It is weird.

D0r_5OtWwAEqGvQ.jpg
I know the leader of this group personally. He’s a business professional in NYC and members of that group also live and work in NYC. They didn’t want their faces in any way shape or form associated with hate groups and hate speech. Rightfully so.
They weren’t even called out by the article. Yet they still made a statement to protect their integrity and the integrity of their members.

Edit - I’m pretty sure they still sit in the section below SS, right behind goal.