Will You Get The Vaccine?

Will You Get It? (Assuming an Unbiased Science Based Approval Before Year End)

• Maybe: Only if we are in a big second/third wave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO: I don't vaccinate myself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Freedom is the ability to make your own decisions, not the ability shut down other people from criticizing your decisions. Get the damn vaccine ;)

Not sure why i even bother responding yo you anymore. But who was shutting anyone down? Have I made one comment about anyone’s choice to take the vaccine or made a statement against taking the vaccine till now when a moderator suggested renaming the thread to demand compliance. Compliance which you just reiterated, because the best way to shut me down is to gang up on me, correct? Basically doing exactly what you falsely accused me of.

I understand the hesitancy, especially without full FDA approval (which may come in a few weeks) it's obviously a concern. While I think the science is overwhelmingly clear that getting vaccinated is better than not, I can still understand the hesitancy given the speed of the process and other factors such as personal history with certain ingredients or even the inability to have a day or two off, maybe twice, to deal with the vaccine.

Let's not delve into arguing over people's personal choices. If people want to share their opinions and decisions...great. Arguing over medical/scientific things like this is probably well beyond the scope of this forum, and not really the reason I had started this thread long ago.

Last edited:
CDC has just amended guidelines that fully vaccinated people can go back to life as normal with no masks indoors, outdoors, including around crowds. IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGG....

now we just have to wait for NY to lift their restrictions...

While I'm happy, my workplace is well below the state average so I'll continue to wear most of the time.

Reactions: Schwallacus
CDC has just amended guidelines that fully vaccinated people can go back to life as normal with no masks indoors, outdoors, including around crowds. IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGG....

now we just have to wait for NY to lift their restrictions...
Source please

Source please

second bullet:
  • You can resume activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.

second bullet:
  • You can resume activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.

For travel and transit, they still recommend masks. So busses, trains, airplanes, etc. Still wear a mask. Honestly, you should still wear a mask anyway.

Reactions: daveh
I got my Excelsior pass and saved it to my Apple Wallet. Is there any reason to get the app?
The passes expire and the app makes it a lot easier to get a new one. Especially if you're already at the venue and realize you didn't already do that at home.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Booster kicked my ass for >24 hours.

It's crazy how different people all react differently to the same thing. I got a booster 10 days ago. I was slightly fatigued and had a slightly sore arm, but for the most part the symptoms were more similar to dose 1 than they were dose 2.

It's crazy how different people all react differently to the same thing. I got a booster 10 days ago. I was slightly fatigued and had a slightly sore arm, but for the most part the symptoms were more similar to dose 1 than they were dose 2.
Mine was like 120% of dose 2, plus a swollen lymph node. There does seem to be no pattern. I thought I might get off easy with nothing, not even mild soreness for 10 hours, then boom.

Doesn’t it trigger an immune response? Introducing virus into blood which then triggers your body’s white blood cells to attack it and make antibodies. This then creates inflammation which varies person to person depending on the severity of the response. Could lead to autoimmune response which is why people experience joint/muscle pain from the inflammation.

Doesn’t it trigger an immune response? Introducing virus into blood which then triggers your body’s white blood cells to attack it and make antibodies. This then creates inflammation which varies person to person depending on the severity of the response. Could lead to autoimmune response which is why people experience joint/muscle pain from the inflammation.
Yes, that's definitely why some people, including me, have this reaction - pain, lymph swelling, fever. It's generally a sign the vax is working, though we've been assured that it still works in those who don't get this reaction.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Dr. Mrs. G got the Pfizer booster on Friday. Sore arm, fatigue, some chills overnight. She said it wasn't as bad as dose 2, but also took more ibuprofen prophylactically.

Waiting for our younger 3 to become eligible for the vaccine. Not worried about their outcomes as much as 1) wanting to keep them from being quarantined from school and 2) wanting to protect the more vulnerable in their orbit from harm. The importance of #2 being underscored by the death of a fully vaccinated, 85-year-old Colin Powell this morning.

Well, it looks like this winter is going to be a heck of a lot worse than anticipated back in the summer. Pretty much every number I'm seeing in the Northeast is horrible.

I wasn't intending to get a booster for a while after recovering from a mild November infection, but now I'm not sure.
Should I just go ahead now, wait another 2 months to reach the common, but not universally recommended 3 month post infection guideline, or just wait and see if they release an updated omicron booster?
I knew we would still be dealing with this now, but I hoped we would at least have most of the answers by now.