Wilmington Hammerheads Nycfc Affiliate - General Discussion

Eric Johansen on loan to Wilmington got crushed tonight 3-0 at Louisville (nycfc affiliate vs Orlando's).

Reactions: LostAnvil
oh man. I looked them up, they stink. Worse than us in Utah. Wow. They have a lot of names that seem familiar. Dudes who were playing top flight then I guess took a turn.
Worse than us in Utah? Do mean the hammerheads play worse than NYCFC did at RSL?

Their not having the greatest season, but they've been decent in the past. I think they won the lower division once as well.

Worse than us in Utah? Do mean the hammerheads play worse than NYCFC did at RSL?

Their not having the greatest season, but they've been decent in the past. I think they won the lower division once as well.

They have a good history...

In January of this year, NYCFC signed a one year contract with the Wilmington Hammerheads FC who compete in the American Division of the USL Professional Division. Based in North Carolina, the Hammerheads are a successful club who have defeated MLS franchises during the U.S. Open Cup in 2003 and 2009 and have qualified for the USL PRO playoffs in 13 of their 18 seasons as a club, including in 2014. The deal with NYCFC allows the free exchange of players as demonstrated when five NYCFC players gained experience with the team this past April when they were loaned for a 3-0 victory over the Red Bulls II.

Source