Here's the chart of benefits listed before sign up:

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 6.58.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 6.58.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 6.58.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 6.59.05 AM.png

And here's what I was offered after sign up:

Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 6.59.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 7.00.06 AM.png

So. Anyone know better than me? Why is my offer $45 and NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan was $60. And is this presale access really different from the presale access free members get? And why does Dan get a scarf and I don't

Reactions: gbservis
Here is how US Soccer allocated ticket chances for 2022 Qatar.

Some important notes:
  • they can change this completely for 2026, or make minor tweaks, or whatever
  • even the highest level just gets you better odds
  • to get into Group A you needed to be a Circle Insider (minimum $500 annual) but you just had to be in that level when the draw happens
  • My read of Group B was VIP Insiders who joined at any time and Family Insiders active before a 2018 cutoff -- but it's not clear to me if "active" meant at any level or as a Family Insider. But I would assume the latter to be safe
  • Group C was Premium plus Family Premium who did not meet the cutoff
  • Group D includes all standard insiders
  • People in Group A qualify for all 4 draws. If they don't win the first Draw they are re-entered in Draw 2, and so on and of course the first draw has the best odds wth the fewest eligible participants
  • all guests of the insider must also be insider at any level

Again, this could change, but my takeaways are:
  • join at the highest level you can comfortably justify now and maintain for 4 years, and think about upgrading a year ahead of time -- 2025 I guess -- to the highest level you can afford for one year. We have no idea if the Family Insider cut-off rule will apply again, and if so at what level(s). But this approach covers both contingencies at whatever level you can afford
  • make sure all your friends and family members are insiders at some level by 2025
I've been a member since 2014. I upgraded last month. I will upgrade again in 2025, or maybe 2024, because who knows? I will sign up my family at the same time at the lowest level.

Last edited:
Here's the chart of benefits listed before sign up:

View attachment 12108
View attachment 12109
View attachment 12110
View attachment 12111

And here's what I was offered after sign up:

View attachment 12112View attachment 12113

So. Anyone know better than me? Why is my offer $45 and NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan was $60. And is this presale access really different from the presale access free members get? And why does Dan get a scarf and I don't
I misspoke. I thought I remembered it being $60.
The presale is way better. I purchased tickets for the USMNT game in Orlando the 2nd day. Circle and vip get first dibs then premium. Those are very high tiers $$$ so almost all seats were still available.
52A99726-92DA-47BD-917F-4B121E67B370.jpeg

As far as the scarf I’ll have to check the website and see if they’ve removed it from benefits. I emailed last year because I hadn’t received it yet and then it came in shortly there after.

91775C98-1BC1-4A09-8925-6219935738F0.png

Reactions: FootyLovin
Here is how US Soccer allocated ticket chances for 2022 Qatar.

Some important notes:
  • they can change this completely for 2026, or make minor tweaks, or whatever
  • even the highest level just gets you better odds
  • to get into Group A you needed to be a Circle Insider (minimum $500 annual) but you just had to be in that level when the draw happens
  • My read of Group B was VIP Insiders who joined at any time and Family Insiders active before a 2018 cutoff -- but it's not clear to me if "active" meant at any level or as a Family Insider. But I would assume the latter to be safe
  • Group C was Premium plus Family Premium who did not meet the cutoff
  • Group D includes all standard insiders
  • People in Group A qualify for all 4 draws. If they don't win the first Draw they are re-entered in Draw 2, and so on and of course the first draw has the best odds wth the fewest eligible participants
  • all guests of the insider must also be insider at any level

Again, this could change, but my takeaways are:
  • join at the highest level you can comfortably justify now and maintain for 4 years, and think about upgrading a year ahead of time -- 2025 I guess -- to the highest level you can afford for one year. We have no idea if the Family Insider cut-off rule will apply again, and if so at what level(s). But this approach covers both contingencies at whatever level you can afford
  • make sure all your friends and family members are insiders at some level by 2025
I've been a member since 2014. I upgraded last month. I will upgrade again in 2025, or maybe 2024, because who knows? I will sign up my family at the same time at the lowest level.
I’ll be doing the same thing, upgrading in 2024/25. I couldn’t find anything about the scarf but it looks like they’ve added it as a redeemable item. 3,000 points and it changes every year.
Here are some reward options. I’ve attended one game since signing up. 4 tickets at $100 each got me 4200 points.
Upgrading to a paid tier another 2800 points.

73454BC4-1B8F-4EE9-A6A4-3284AE94E91D.png
98EB1380-6241-4E2C-AB2A-85543C30DD07.png
EFFD9AC7-490E-48D5-90F5-F42175EBA495.png

What's the difference between doing this now, and just waiting for tickets when the world cup comes around via resell which would probably be similar price to what you paid over the course of 4 years? (unless it's not similar price)

What's the difference between doing this now, and just waiting for tickets when the world cup comes around via resell which would probably be similar price to what you paid over the course of 4 years? (unless it's not similar price)

Hurts a little less spread out. And it'll probably be a lot more or all gone by then except for scalpers.

Reactions: JCMore
I think there's some concern FIFA will do the thing where you're not allowed to sell or transfer tickets. But honestly, nobody knows. Joining US Soccer could have little or no benefit. Or it could be the only way to get tickets.

• Wow
Reactions: Shwafta
I think there's some concern FIFA will do the thing where you're not allowed to sell or transfer tickets. But honestly, nobody knows. Joining US Soccer could have little or no benefit. Or it could be the only way to get tickets.
Exactly. This is a massive event. I would expect just about every single game will be sold out. Especially US and South American/European countries. According to ticketing for Qatar the tickets are delivered via a FIFA app and that’s the only mode of entry.
FAQ for Qatar

Tickets will be made available as mobile tickets. Mobile tickets will be available only through the FIFA Ticketing App. Mobile tickets for Supporter Tickets (ST) during the Group Stage will be made available closer to the start of the tournament.

Another point there is that it only helps you with ticketing for US games. Other countries you have to apply directly through FIFA.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Should have been Uncle Sam holding a cheeseburger in his left hand and an ar-15 in his right.

Though in all seriousness, if they were going for animal/plant like mascots, why didn't they make the US mascot a bald eagle?
My only thought against the bald eagle is that Mexico could also have their symbol be the golden eagle then

Reactions: Shwafta