Xavi Hernandez To Nycfc?

I'm worried Lampard won't have enough in the tank to make it through a MLS season. Untrue? He will be 36 when MLS starts in March for NYCFC.

I hear more talks about Xavi and NYRB. But holy shyt Robinho to Orlando? Lets hope Xavi comes to NYC and we do not sign Lamp and instead get a young gun with fresh legs considering Robinho is 30.

Yes. If Xavi ended up at NYRB I wouldn't care. That means we passed on him. The league needs talent.

We need to stop worrying about what other teams do. We're going to March to our own beat and be the best NYCFC we can be.

But you do need to worry about other clubs poaching transfer targets especially rivals.

That's just business. If someone is poaching our transfer targets, then we need to a) pay more, b) keep it quieter or c) out scout the competition.

Reactions: einwindir
Ideally I'd love to see a big signing of one of our USMNT players. Many have already mentioned jones.

If Xavi goes to NYRB and Lampard goes to Toronto, it will be interesting to see who we pick up.

Lots of MLS teams are in market for DPs this summer. Just read Jermaine Jones is being chased by Dallas, Chivas, Chicago, and Kansas City. Xavi was being chased by Seattle and the two NY clubs.

If and when LA sell Omar Gonzalez, they'll be in the market, too. I hope someone goes after a guy like Paul Arriola.

I care who the other teams sign in so much as it improves the overall talent of the league.

Did anyone watch the Seattle/Portland game last night? There were some really strong players on the field last night, complemented by some folks who should not have been on the field with guys like Dempsey and Nagbe.

By the way, in another thread I spoke about how Yedlin is being held back by Sigi Schmidt. After watching last night, I am convinced that Yedlin is 10x more capable than Schmidt is allowing him to be. I hope he gets sold if only for the fact that another manager will be able to get more out of him. Schmidt would kill me if he was my manager.

Thank God Kreis has a reputation for getting the most out of his guys.

Sigi has to win it all this year or he is gone.

I think if Portland doesn't get it in gear soon, Porter's seat might get alittle hot, too. Portland is so odd. I really, really like their players. They seem like they should be very dangerous but they just never finish the job.

Reactions: MagnusPax
By the way, in another thread I spoke about how Yedlin is being held back by Sigi Schmidt. After watching last night, I am convinced that Yedlin is 10x more capable than Schmidt is allowing him to be. I hope he gets sold if only for the fact that another manager will be able to get more out of him. Schmidt would kill me if he was my manager.

Thank God Kreis has a reputation for getting the most out of his guys.

Last night, it looked like he had been freed up a good bit. Neagle seemed to be hanging back more than usual to cover for him, and the LB & CBs barely crossed the midfield line.

I don't disagree with your premise though.

Reactions: Kjbert
Sigi has to win it all this year or he is gone.

I think if Portland doesn't get it in gear soon, Porter's seat might get alittle hot, too. Portland is so odd. I really, really like their players. They seem like they should be very dangerous but they just never finish the job.

Kind of like Porter's Olympic qualifying team?

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan which raises another question - how many other guys should be better? Dempsey is what Dempsey is. But guys like Yedlin and Acosta are still raw.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan which raises another question - how many other guys should be better? Dempsey is what Dempsey is. But guys like Yedlin and Acosta are still raw.
I actually think Sigi is pretty good at developing individual players. What he has lacked in previous seasons is figuring out the recipe. He's had lots of good ingredients, but he never got them combined correctly. This year, it appears he has it figured out.

If we really want to get critical about development, why the hell is Nagbe not better than he is? He is damn near Yedlin fast, very technically skilled and capable of being absolutely lethal within 25 yards. But he was all of that in his first year in the league.

I love watching him play, and from where I sit, he's a prime example of a guy who won't hit the next level until he ups his level of competition. I think he's got a gear beyond what he uses regularly in MLS, and it is going to take a move to another league and/or international football for him to find it.

We've probably chased this rabbit enough here. Sorry.

Reactions: Kjbert
Nagbe was supposed to be a USMNT once he got his citizenship. I don't see how he is better than Jozy or ArJo. I have never seen Boyd or Agudelo.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Darlington Nagbe is the most fouled player in MLS. That's why he's struggling, he's being targeted and getting beat up. I'd like to see him on a team where he isn't being targeted like the USMNT.

That said I don't know how much better than ArJo he is. If any better at all.

Darlington Nagbe is the most fouled player in MLS. That's why he's struggling, he's being targeted and getting beat up. I'd like to see him on a team where he isn't being targeted like the USMNT.

That said I don't know how much better than ArJo he is. If any better at all.

From what I've seen, Nagbe is a helluva lot stronger and faster. He would have made a huge difference in the midfield this year. It would have been great to have him pressuring the hell out of the defensive wings and cutting out balls and making tackles on defense. In the run of play, he's at least a 30% improvement over Zusi in the amount of danger he brings.

We'll see him in January 2016 for the first time I believe. I'd bet he makes the Copa America squad at least.

I feel like he'll get every opportunity to lock up a place on before and through 2018. He's just so damn good physically.