Yaya Toure to set to come to NYCFC?

Fuck that.

The more I see this thread bumped, the more I think about Lampard having the fucking nerve to be complicit in a lie and then take a month long honeymoon before joining.

Fuck that guy.

My thoughts exactly. Any signing would be all about and great for him, not the team.

Reactions: Kjbert
Fuck that.

The more I see this thread bumped, the more I think about Lampard having the fucking nerve to be complicit in a lie and then take a month long honeymoon before joining.

Fuck that guy.
I did say serviceable. Not saying it’s a good thing. Would much rather have someone else.

Reactions: Kjbert
Y'all can have this guy! I don't know one damn thing about him not do I care. He's God Awful Ugly one thing is sure they'll be no close ups on him! That would scare away viewers no decent camera man would do that shit!

Oh and NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan see what's it like to like a player then wonder why the F he's not liked ? It"s not so nice to be on the other side is it?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Y'all can have this guy! I don't know one damn thing about him not do I care. He's God Awful Ugly one thing is sure they'll be no close ups on him! That would scare away viewers no decent camera man would do that shit!

Oh and NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan see what's it like to like a player then wonder why the F he's not liked ? It"s not so nice to be on the other side is it?
I can assure you I lose zero sleep over it.

In my opinion if Yaya was focused he would be an asset to the team. His ability on the ball is very underrated. Of course he would need others to do most of the running, but I still think even now he is mobile enough for the MLS.

Reactions: Falastur and Kjbert
I don't get the Yaya hate. He's an incredible player. He glides across the pitch, great distributor, has a knack for scoring jaw dropping goals and I believe he would run rampant here.
At the end of the day I don't think it's happening.

I think we can all agree that he has a very special talent. What we also know is that his style doesn't lend itself to success here. Lesser skill or not, defenders here would run him into the ground and that doesn't help us at all.

In my opinion if Yaya was focused he would be an asset to the team. His ability on the ball is very underrated. Of course he would need others to do most of the running, but I still think even now he is mobile enough for the MLS.

Regardless of ball skills we just went through a DP experience that "required others to do the running" and we all know how well that played out.

Regardless of ball skills we just went through a DP experience that "required others to do the running" and we all know how well that played out.

The difference being that Yaya is still mobile and has the physical strength that Pirlo didn’t have. The biggest factor will be his motivation. In that respect I can’t say for sure he would be totally motivated, but to be successful with New York, may just give him that motivation.

The difference being that Yaya is still mobile and has the physical strength that Pirlo didn’t have. The biggest factor will be his motivation. In that respect I can’t say for sure he would be totally motivated, but to be successful with New York, may just give him that motivation.

We better order a lot of Birthday cakes. I'm doubtful a guy that can hardly be bothered to try for his own national team is going to give 100% in the MLS.

We better order a lot of Birthday cakes. I'm doubtful a guy that can hardly be bothered to try for his own national team is going to give 100% in the MLS.

Well I think once they won the African Nations Cup in 2015, the team as a whole went into a downward spiral.

I think up to then Yaya was one of their better players.

I can understand why the fans would be sceptical about him signing after what has happened with Lampard and Pirlo. I jus believe it is also to easy to write him off.

Well I think once they won the African Nations Cup in 2015, the team as a whole went into a downward spiral.

I think up to then Yaya was one of their better players.

I can understand why the fans would be sceptical about him signing after what has happened with Lampard and Pirlo. I jus believe it is also to easy to write him off.

Because he fits the exact mold of a player who should be written off.

He's old and slow to the point where the hyper athletic nature of the league will run his rear end over. We need someone with real legs still left in them. God I would love a Giovinco style DP. But if we're being realistic I think we're probably going to get some kind of half assed Maxi level DP as a striker.

Because he fits the exact mold of a player who should be written off.

He's old and slow to the point where the hyper athletic nature of the league will run his rear end over. We need someone with real legs still left in them. God I would love a Giovinco style DP. But if we're being realistic I think we're probably going to get some kind of half assed Maxi level DP as a striker.

I agree that the team should be targeting quality younger dp’s

I disagree that Yaya couldn’t hold his own in the MLS if he was focused. Even though the MLS is more speed than technical ability, players with less speed can succeed.

I disagree that Yaya couldn’t hold his own in the MLS if he was focused. Even though the MLS is more speed than technical ability, players with less speed can succeed.
The "if" alone is a deal breaker. And laboring players, even with an otherwise dangerous skill set, generally haven't fared well in MLS. In any event, a laboring player, even with an otherwise dangerous skill set, is a terrible fit for our style of play, shape and personnel.

Still holds his own when he plays for City. I won't argue that he's a good fit for us but I'll fight to the death for the guy in regard to him not being able to handle this league. Pirlo and Yaya at this stage in their career shouldn't be compared. Yaya is miles ahead. Pirlo shut off last year and Yaya can still run 90 in arguably the best league in the world and he'll have to over the next month due to the amount of games on the schedule.

Still holds his own when he plays for City. I won't argue that he's a good fit for us but I'll fight to the death for the guy in regard to him not being able to handle this league. Pirlo and Yaya at this stage in their career shouldn't be compared. Yaya is miles ahead. Pirlo shut off last year and Yaya can still run 90 in arguably the best league in the world and he'll have to over the next month due to the amount of games on the schedule.

To be honest I was against giving him a one year extension. I firmly believe we have moved beyond Yaya and Vinny this season. Which is no disgrace to them when you see how we have played this season.

Now that’s an option for New York in the summer. Vincent Kompany?

The "if" alone is a deal breaker. And laboring players, even with an otherwise dangerous skill set, generally haven't fared well in MLS. In any event, a laboring player, even with an otherwise dangerous skill set, is a terrible fit for our style of play, shape and personnel.

Well he only labours going backwards lol

In all seriousness your comparing the EPL with the MLS, where the game is equally fast, probably faster actually, with more technically gifted players. I believe when you actually analyse that and then realise that Yaya has been part of the team (all be it on the bench) for every game, then you must concede he is far from finished.

Once again I am not advocating the club sign him, just explaining he wouldn’t be the worst signing.

Okay if the criteria is players that can "still run 90 in arguably the best league in the world" let's stick with 32+ year old midfielder's that came to the MLS a season after playing considerable min for a top flight team in one of the top leagues in europe (arrival age):

1. Lampard (36)
2.Pirlo (36)
3. Gerrard (36)
4. Kaka (32)
5. Schweinsteiger (32)

Comparing to midfield players is important because history has shown +32 year old attackers that come to the MLS from top leagues tend to do better than their midfield counter parts (Examples: Villa, Drogba, etc). At their peak all of those players listed were better than peak Yaya and if you're going for Jersey sales more well known. The contributions across the group vary but none of them had wildly successful MLS runs. Why would we do the same thing with Yaya.