Yaya Will Leave Mcfc For Nycfc

I have this on very good authority via Abu Dhabi, that when his career at City is over he will move directly to NYCFC. His current contract ends in 2017, so whether that means then or slightly earlier and NYCFC buy him from City, I know not.

Some here may dispute this but that's your choice; I am merely passing the information over to you guys and gals, to discuss/dismiss/get excited about.

No offense, but many folks have posted info here claiming it's from a good source and it turns out to be BS. I won't believe this until it's officially announced or from a reliable source.

Cut out the cheap shots, guys. I'm getting tired of this. It's possible to hold a debate - even an argument - without resorting to trying to hack away at the credibility of your opponent. Keep it on topic.

Not to stir things up, but to be fair it's a valid question. Maybe it could have been worded differently, but it does seem like the same folks who flipped out over the jersey being too MCFC are ok with us getting their leftover players.

Anyway, YaYa is a good player, even past his prime. I'd be for this is if it ends up being true.

I could believe this. Back in May when NYCFC had their meet and greet at legends, Claudio Reyna was asked if he could have any player as the leader for NYCFC. His answer was Yaya Toure, he spoke very highly of him and for good reason. Its not a confirmation but I wouldn't be surprised if Yaya ends up playing for NYCFC.

Does Kreis want Yaya if he wanted to come to play in NYC? Yes.
Do we want Yaya if he just sees coming to MLS as a way to go into retirement? No.

Better?

Eh. Great player. Crap attitude. I'd like to root for good guys

Reactions: MrE
Those of you who are suddenly gripped with a bout of inferiority complex, please stop it.

You do not have a full squad
You do not have a team
You do not have a home stadium
You have done nothing

One must start somewhere, and whether this turns out to be true or not, the fact that this is now out there, and will build momentum is great for the club.

Yaya possibly at NYCFC? And some are moaning? Are you kidding me?
Some of you are trying to run before you are crawling, let alone walking. These things take time, and sometimes sacrifices must be made to get to a steady jog.
Pass-offs? Hand me downs? If I were you I would rip not just their right arm off, but all appendages. This does not make you weak, this does not make you inferior. I do not recall this reaction when Villa signed (which will be his last pay day).
I'm looking at this as an MCFC fan, do you honestly think Yaya would come to NYCFC and try his hardest like Villa and Lampard will most likely do.

Screw Toure. The guy hasn't been any good or won any titles in six months. And I'm taking early May of this year, not even late May.

Oh! and if I were you guys I wouldn't be bothered about having an inferiority complex, as I believe one day the MLS will be the biggets league in the world. May take 15 to 20 years, but it will happen.

Oh! and if I were you guys I wouldn't be bothered about having an inferiority complex, as I believe one day the MLS will be the biggets league in the world. May take 15 to 20 years, but it will happen.

I don't know if this is tongue in cheek or not, but there will come a point in time when MLS competes with Serie A, Ligue 1, the Turkish Super Lig and maybe a couple of others. There will just be too much money between 1) Television $, 2) Merchandise $, 3) Sponsorship $ and 4) Gate revenue for that not to be the case.

Serie A is falling apart. Barcelona and Real Madrid carry La Liga. I can't see a point in time where the EPL is threatened by MLS because of the ownership money. Chelsea will never compete with Sporting KC for talent.

But with the trajectory moneywise of MLS, you can argue this league is more stable longterm than Serie A. Would you rather be invested in the Portland Timbers or Chievo? Or LA Galaxy or Nantes?

But the EPL is on a different level.

Reactions: Kinkladze
There's no doubt and I see the MLS challenging with some of the bigger leagues in the near future. perhaps not for European talent as there's still a perception that Europe is the be all and end all, but perhaps with South American and Concacaf. That's when the MLS will hit the big time, when the Mexican, Costa Rican, Colombian etc talent come to the MLS. It's no doubt possible and I sort of see it happening ATM, see Valeri at the Timbers and. Morales at the Whitecaps.

Reactions: Kjbert
Speaking of South America wouldn't be surprised to see a new CFG setup there soon. Africa as well and of course Kreis was in the Argentinian capital (hence his absence at the "reveal") scouting potential talent. Its not the first time he's looked at that country for talent either. Granted this only lead to a few first team appearances but it wouldn't be surprising to see an Argentinian in the lineup. Even if its not Zuculini who was talked about as a potential loanee (at least by fans)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/02/21/kreis-impressed-bonfigli-argentine-yet-earn-deal

Reactions: Kjbert