2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big follower of other leagues aside from the MLS (trying to get into some European action, however!) but it seems to me that the MLS really makes an effort to satisfy their players. If a player wants to leave, the league and team does its best to make it happen. If a player wants to come into the league to play for a certain team, the league does its best to make it happen.

Does this happen in other leagues?Could it be for reputation? Castillo (and Martins from the previous window) can now spread good words about the MLS in their respective leagues
Not sure about other leagues, but since MLS has a salary cap - and a low one at that - the teams cannot afford to let a disgruntled player rot on the bench because they're angry about not moving and hence don't give a shit. Part of what you read about MLS being accommodating is true, but the other part is positive spin of a bad situation.

edit - if Dallas could have let Castillo rot on the bench after his bush league antics, they would have in a heartbeat, but his cap hit was too valuable.

Reactions: Goodfella
Other leagues don't have a salary cap (mostly) and don't have single entity, so the league is less involved in player movements in or out. But there is a general culture of letting players go where they want even mid-contract.

I'm not a big follower of other leagues aside from the MLS (trying to get into some European action, however!) but it seems to me that the MLS really makes an effort to satisfy their players. If a player wants to leave, the league and team does its best to make it happen. If a player wants to come into the league to play for a certain team, the league does its best to make it happen.

Does this happen in other leagues?Could it be for reputation? Castillo (and Martins from the previous window) can now spread good words about the MLS in their respective leagues

In MLS, a big name DP has alot more power than other players in bullying their way to a destination. Drogba wanting to go to French speaking Montreal and not the dumpster Fire that is Chicago is a great example of this.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
With De Jong out, making way for Schweinsteiger next season?
They can have Bastian next season if we can get Muller to replace Lampard.... I know he wouldn't come to MLS so soon, but from a like-for-like standpoint of being an attacking Mid goal scoring machine, Muller would be ridiculously perfect for us.

Reactions: Kjbert
Coupled with Rooney to LA rumors, no less.

Just a hunch but I bet Rooney ends up with LAFC as opposed to LAG for some reason. As much as Garber loves LAG they are going to want some big names for LAFCs inaugural season.

Reactions: joe
And Arena will want to one-up them in any way he can. He's going to have to replace Keane soon as well.

Keane got old really quick. I would be shocked if they win MLS Cup this year. They just don't fit.

Next year, they could be really good. Build the team around Zardes and Dos Santos.

Reactions: gbservis
And Arena will want to one-up them in any way he can. He's going to have to replace Keane soon as well.

In the end I think it all helps us, you can only have so many NYCFC, LAFC, LAG, Orl, ATL big $$ type ownership groups before the league has to cave and start adding more DP slots.

Reactions: Kjbert
In the end I think it all helps us, you can only have so many NYCFC, LAFC, LAG, Orl, ATL big $$ type ownership groups before the league has to cave and start adding more DP slots.
Yeah but I hope that its the salary cap that changes not the DP slots. MLS needs all starting players in the 300k-500k range IMHO.

Yeah but I hope that its the salary cap that changes not the DP slots. MLS needs all starting players in the 300k-500k range IMHO.

Why not both?

I think the best thing that can happen is that you force ownership groups in Houston, San Jose, DC and New England to shit or get off the pot. Either be FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake and invest in your development or be LAG and NYCFC and buy talent. You can't do neither and cry poverty.

Keane got old really quick. I would be shocked if they win MLS Cup this year. They just don't fit.

Next year, they could be really good. Build the team around Zardes and Dos Santos.
So scoring 7 goals in 13 games this season (20 last year, 19 before, 16 before that, and 16 before that) is getting old really quick? He's been old as hell for a starting soccer player but he's still scoring goals. I wouldn't count getting kneed in the head a few games ago as "getting old" but rather a decent injury that he's recovering from.

So scoring 7 goals in 13 games this season (20 last year, 19 before, 16 before that, and 16 before that) is getting old really quick? He's been old as hell for a starting soccer player but he's still scoring goals. I wouldn't count getting kneed in the head a few games ago as "getting old" but rather a decent injury that he's recovering from.

Part of getting old is being subject to more injuries.

And did you watch him against us? Both he and Gerrard looked shot.

Reactions: gbservis
Part of getting old is being subject to more injuries.

And did you watch him against us? Both he and Gerrard looked shot.
1. So you're basing their status on one away game on the other side of the country?

2. Yes, getting old may result in getting more muscle and tendon related injuries through not being as limber vs. one's body early on in life. However, getting a KNEE TO THE HEAD is not one of those types of injuries. It's the result of going hard for a ball and can happen to any player, regardless of age. Had he been sidelined for 3 months due to a calf strain, then I'd understand where you're coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.