2016 General Mls Transfer Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor that Accam is heading to Ligue 1 in France. I wouldn't mind not having to face him when we host Chicago.
This sort of move after the MLS window has closed is a bit baffling since Accam has been recently clicking for them and they could only replace him with an out-of-contract player. I'm assuming they've packed it in for the season and are stockpiling funds for the off-season shopping spree ?!?

Reactions: Kjbert
1. So you're basing their status on one away game on the other side of the country?

2. Yes, getting old may result in getting more muscle and tendon related injuries through not being as limber vs. one's body early on in life. However, getting a KNEE TO THE HEAD is not one of those types of injuries. It's the result of going hard for a ball and can happen to any player, regardless of age. Had he been sidelined for 3 months due to a calf strain, then I'd understand where you're coming from.

I watch a good deal of LAG games. He's been a step slow all year. And Gerrard was a step slow two years ago.

FIFY

This sort of move after the MLS window has closed is a bit baffling since Accam has been recently clicking for them and they could only replace him with an out-of-contract player. I'm assuming they've packed it in for the season and are stockpiling funds because their owner is super cheap?!?

Reactions: Ulrich
And De Jong to Galatasaray is official.

LA Times: Galaxy's Nigel de Jong completes transfer to Turkey's Galatasaray (8/31/16):

De Jong, who signed as a free transfer, will receive $2.79 million a season, a significant raise from the $500,000 he was getting from the Galaxy. If de Jong had stayed in Major League Soccer and appeared in five of the Galaxy’s final eight games, a trigger in his contract would have given him a two-year designated-player deal worth approximately $3 million a season.

That trigger is why the Galaxy wanted to move de Jong, 31, now. The team is likely to see one of its allotted three designated-player spots open this winter if Steven Gerrard retires, as expected. But Giovani dos Santos is signed for three more seasons as a designated player and Galaxy captain Robbie Keane is expected to seek an extension of his deal, which expires at the end of the season. If de Jong had stayed, it would have left the Galaxy with little roster or salary flexibility.​

HYPE TRAIN ON SOCCER TWITTER RIGHT NOW: Donovan to LAG for rest of season.

Reactions: adam
I guess he finally saw the writing on the wall that to be a TV color guy, it take more than a monotone voice to succeed and helps to not hold grudges against a former coach.

The article said he could be a FA, then it's by allocation order? Or he's not on that list anymore either and I'm sure no one has claimed him on their secret list... Don't think he'd want to play anywhere but LA, but if we could get him, do we even want him? Any other teams that might make a play for him?

He's not on the allocation list so he's a general free agent that anyone could sign. Surely when one retires they are no longer on any discovery list. I don't think we should touch him in the slightest. Reyna shouldn't even think about it. Donovan is LA through and through.

Reactions: adam
The article said he could be a FA, then it's by allocation order? Or he's not on that list anymore either and I'm sure no one has claimed him on their secret list... Don't think he'd want to play anywhere but LA, but if we could get him, do we even want him? Any other teams that might make a play for him?
Pretty sure he qualifies for free agency, he is 28 years old and has basically been in MLS from 2001-2014. Should qualify for 8+ years of service.

I think Donovan coming back is good for the league. He can still contribute and make some $$$.

What will LA do when Donovan pulls a hamstring during the first match? There's no way he's match-fit.

I actually thought he was really good as an analyst.
I'm not disputing his knowledge of the game from an analytical standpoint, but to be a color commentary guy, one must have better delivery than a slow, plodding, monotone voice. His delivery was always hitchy, as if he wasn't sure if he sounded sure of himself. It was also always amusing to hear him sing praises of Dempsey considering how much the two despise each other - it felt forced.

Reactions: gbservis
Status
Not open for further replies.