2016 Preseason Thread

Well all right Doug!

this leads me to believe we may not take part of any pre season cup ( only carolina challenge cup is only one un announced) last year they had 6 pre season games ( plus the scrimmage vs armada) then it may be 6 games with random teams....maybe all taking place in manchester :eek:

So, for what it's worth, it seems as though the players are wrapping up vacations and rest to begin training soon. Any chance the team does some work away from NY, considering it's going to be chilly for the next 3 months? Trying to think back to last year's setup and am drawing a blank.

Reactions: Kjbert
So, for what it's worth, it seems as though the players are wrapping up vacations and rest to begin training soon. Any chance the team does some work away from NY, considering it's going to be chilly for the next 3 months? Trying to think back to last year's setup and am drawing a blank.

Manchester-->New York-->Charleston-->New York

I don't see why we can't train in a warmer climate even just for regular preseason training.

Reactions: FootyLovin
So a brand new USL team, a mid table Danish second division team, and and Icelandic team. Not the most exciting friendlies in the world, but should be a good warm up for hopefully some more exciting friendlies to follow.

Looks like we're playing in the IMG Suncoast Classic

http://hbkoge.dk/Default.aspx?ID=47&Action=1&NewsId=6191&PID=150

So a brand new USL team, a mid table Danish second division team, and and Icelandic team. Not the most exciting friendlies in the world, but should be a good warm up for hopefully some more exciting friendlies to follow.

reps man ....team needs reps i dont care what teams we play. i hope these are not the only ones.

EDIT: allegedly that Cincinnati team is apparently investing big time i think got a couple of up and coming national team players ( from panama i think) so it will be an interesting game i think even in preseason.

Interesting. What this really seems to mean is that we will be spending at least a week in late February training at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, south of Tampa. NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan will be beside himself with joy.

My buddy lives very close to that site. I will clue him in.

Regarding the quality of teams, this is a good tournament for the NYCFC. There such a large drop-off in talent from our first 11 to the next, that PV really needs some other squads' first eleven as a metric to decide what's working while also not being so overly tough that our formation trials/errors lead to psychological funks. I doubt any of the teams will be total pushovers, and unless we are completely in a shambles we should win the tournament. Granted, Cincy FC's coach is John Harkes, so he's going to want to come out of the gate with guns blazing - that should be a fun match!

Regarding the quality of teams, this is a good tournament for the NYCFC. There such a large drop-off in talent from our first 11 to the next, that PV really needs some other squads' first eleven as a metric to decide what's working while also not being so overly tough that our formation trials/errors lead to psychological funks. I doubt any of the teams will be total pushovers, and unless we are completely in a shambles we should win the tournament. Granted, Cincy FC's coach is John Harkes, so he's going to want to come out of the gate with guns blazing - that should be a fun match!

last year this tournament had more teams i think close to 10-12 they didnt all play each other of course...maybe there are more teams out there. we just dont know as tournament has not been made official yet.