2019 Offseason Thread

I’m very happy about this.

As long as you don’t think he is a direct replacement for Ring (he is not), he’s a wonderfully useful player for us. He’s very good in possession. He’s good in the buildup. He gets the ball out of his feet quickly. He provides positional and tactical flexibility.

I’m very happy.

Also surprised it’s a loan deal.

Fine for depth. He’s not spectacular by any stretch, but he settled into the system fairly well. We need a striker yesterday, even if it’s a ITS level player. In fact, we get someone on that level or a little higher, spend big on a striker in the summer window, might be just what we need for the stretch into the playoffs

true, need someone in freaking pre season ( assuming berget is gone) to be a striker.

true, need someone in freaking pre season ( assuming berget is gone) to be a striker.
I’d love a Patrick Mullins type American striker with something to prove. Then go big-name yet appropriate international striker in July

I’m very happy about this.

As long as you don’t think he is a direct replacement for Ring (he is not), he’s a wonderfully useful player for us. He’s very good in possession. He’s good in the buildup. He gets the ball out of his feet quickly. He provides positional and tactical flexibility.

I’m very happy.

Also surprised it’s a loan deal.
I bet we buy him out at seasons end

Reactions: Kjbert
I’d love a Patrick Mullins type American striker with something to prove. Then go big-name yet appropriate international striker in July
The French version of that is Giroud - never gets respect but seems to bag crucial goals. He could be a very interesting addition, and better yet if as a high priced TAM to keep the door open for a bigger splash DP.

Reactions: Marito and Ulrich
Giroud would crush MLS.

He’s like a good Alan Gordon.
I think he could easily be a 15+ goal scorer on this team since we’re incredibly proficient at sending crosses in to dangerous areas with no targets - Giroud has the instincts to be in those zones to receive the cross.

And with our new MF Lurch ghosting in behind the play, there could be two legitimate aerial targets (three if you count Maxi).

This is terrible news, he showed very little , poor defender , lack of ball control , no offensive skills.

NYCFC aim higher get better players, its like we settle for players. I don't think CFG is allowing NYCFC is to spend much money on good players so we settle for marginal players.

He was actually a strong defender. Weak tackler but strong positionally. He was very good on the ball. And he’s a good passer.

If I read my Everton transfers roundup correctly, is Giroud available on a free this summer? His original Chelsea deal was 18 months.

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
This is terrible news, he showed very little , poor defender , lack of ball control , no offensive skills.

NYCFC aim higher get better players, its like we settle for players. I don't think CFG is allowing NYCFC is to spend much money on good players so we settle for marginal players.
In a league with a limited cap, CFG can't spend much money on players not intended to be in our best XI. It's reality. CFG Fu money can really only come into play for DP players.

Reactions: Kjbert